How we pick our products
All parents know that children love playing house and pretending that they are adults. There are many toys out there that simulate the adult experience. Today, we will be talking about toy kitchens. Children love these make-believe kitchens as they can play around and imagine that they are really cooking.
These toys are small enough for children to play with and feel like they have their own kitchen, just like their parents. Watch their imagination soar as they create different meals for each other and for you. If you want to purchase one of these fun items for your little ones, you may not know where to start. We have created this shopping guide and review for you to help you choose the best toy kitchen possible. Let’s go!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Toy Kitchens on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Toy Kitchens
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- A toy kitchen is one of the best examples of symbolic play. It will allow your children to put themselves in your shoes and experience adult activities like washing the dishes or preparing meals for the family. This way, real-life and imagination interact with each other in a fun way. It is definitely a unique form of play for your kids.
- These toys are perfect for children who are 3 years old or younger. They come in different sizes based on the age of your kid. There are even models for children up to 10 years of age.
- When choosing the perfect toy kitchen, keep in mind what it is made out of, the accessories that it includes, and your child’s safety. We will go over these important shopping criteria at the end of the article.
Our Selection: The Best Toy Kitchens on the U.S. Market
At a certain age, children begin to want to experience what life will be like when they grow up. Toys like toy kitchens allow their imagination to soar. To help you with your purchase, we have created a list of our favorite toy kitchens on the U.S. market. Each product has a direct link that will take you to Amazon where you can read the full product description and even purchase the item. It’s up to you.
- Best Realistic Toy Kitchen
- Best Colorful Toy Kitchen
- Best Vintage Toy Kitchen
- Cutest Best Toy Kitchen
Best Realistic Toy Kitchen
The first item on our list is very realistic. This will make your children feel like they really have their own kitchen. This set comes with a stove, oven, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and even a dishwasher. Your kids will have so much fun opening and closing all of the different compartments.
Best Colorful Toy Kitchen
The second item on our list comes in three different color schemes for you to choose from blue, brown, and pink. Pick the color that best suits your children! This toy kitchen comes with many different utensils.
Best Vintage Toy Kitchen
The third toy kitchen is the choice for you if you love everything vintage. You can choose if you want blue or pink. This toy will entertain your child and give your home a beautiful, old-fashioned touch.
Cutest Best Toy Kitchen
The last item on our list is adorable. It resembles a food truck and even has a cute face. Your child will have so much fun preparing burgers and pizza for the whole family.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Toy Kitchens
What benefits do children get from playing with toy kitchens?
Children learn to be independent and about their environment when playing with these mini kitchens. Your children will grow to love their toy kitchen.
These toys also help promote and develop children’s imagination, while they learn about organization, problem-solving, and teamwork. These kitchens also help develop children’s motor skills.
What parts make up a toy kitchen?
A detailed toy kitchen can even come with a fake stove where your children can let their imagination go wild. They may even come with a sink, faucet, oven, microwave, and more. The possibilities are endless. There are usually drawers that include other utensils that your child can play with.
Where should I put my toy kitchen?
Finally, some parents like to place the toy kitchen in the real kitchen. This will give your children an authentic experience. Also, the kitchen is one of the places where you probably spend the most time in your home. With one of these great toys, your children will be occupied and even feel like they are helping to cook the family meal. This is a great idea for quality family time.
Are toy kitchens easy to put together?
If you buy a wooden version, you will normally need tools as it will probably come with screws and bolts to put the kitchen together. However, other, simpler models do not require any tools at all. Always make sure to read the product description thoroughly before purchasing the toy.
Why do children love toy kitchens so much?
- They are made of bright colors. This factor depends on the model you purchase, but these toys are usually extremely colorful. This captures the attention of many children and makes them want to play with the kitchen.
- There are many different parts. Children love to open and close drawers, put things away, or take things out of place. It is all about interaction. The fact that toy kitchens have many different compartments and parts makes them extremely appealing to little ones.
- The possibilities are endless. Children have a chance to play house and make-believe with these items. As we said, the possibilities are endless. We assure you that you will have a great time just watching your little ones come up with endless stories and games.
- Your kids can play with friends. Children have the option to play with this toy alone or with their friends and family. If you have more than one child or your child has friends over, they will all learn about teamwork and have so much fun while doing so. These toys are so fun that you may even want to join.
- They are adapted to your child’s size. These kitchens are the perfect size to play with for a small child. They will see what it is like to cook and prepare food for the family.
- Your children will feel more mature and independent. As they get chores done just like their parents, your children will feel a sense of pride and independence. They will feel older, and this can be so much fun for small children. Not to mention, it is great for their self-esteem.
If you have gotten to this part of the article and you are still thinking about buying one of the marvelous toys, keep reading. There is still a bit of information you should know before making your purchase. We have provided you with a list of shopping criteria to keep in mind when browsing Amazon for your new toy kitchen. The following are those criteria:
The design is one of the first criteria you should keep in mind when purchasing a toy kitchen. Look at the pictures of the product and make sure you like the colors. You know your children best and probably know what they like and dislike. There are also vintage models and models designed from your favorite TV shows. Choose wisely.
There are types of toy kitchens that resemble a home, a restaurant, and more. Make sure you know how much room you have for this toy in your home and check how big the item is. You do not want to buy one and not have enough space for it.
View this post on Instagram
It’s party time in the kitchen! ✨ . These beautiful wooden kitchens are the best we have ever seen… Made by @sebrainterior they come with a sink, 2 hot plates, and an oven door for storage/cooking! Our kids are 8 and 6 and STILL play with their wooden kitchen every single week. Hands down, the best investment we’ve ever made – 6 years of imaginary play and still going strong! ??✨ . We are also proud to be introducing the @kidsconcept wooden toys to our collection. Choose from a blender (with fruit and veg!), toaster (with jam and cheese!) or a cake mixer with all the essential ingredients for baking up a treat… ? . Tap the pic or the link in our bio to find everything pictured! ✨? . #toys #toykitchen #woodenkitchen #kitchentoys #sebra #kidsconcept #playroominspo #kidsgifts #kidsgiftinspo #kidsgiftideas #forlittletreasures #lovebobbyrabbit
When it comes to materials, there is a huge variety of options to choose from. Some prefer wooden models as they may be higher quality and more decorative. It is true that wooden toy kitchens are more sturdy and may last you a long time, but they are much more expensive and more difficult to put together.
Another popular material is plastic. Plastic kitchens are much more common. They are also very sturdy and easy to put together. Finally, there are cardboard models, which are extremely light and portable. However, they are not very sturdy.
Age of Children
When purchasing a toy kitchen, the product description will usually indicate the recommended age. These products are usually meant for children above three years of age. The kitchen will be bigger or smaller based on the recommended age.
These toys are usually around 2 feet tall, which is the perfect height for small children. However, they are meant for a huge range of ages, so make sure to see how tall it is before you buy the model online and keep in mind the height of your little one.
Another important aspect to consider is if the kitchen includes accessories or not. When we say accessories we are referring to the fake utensils, food, etc. Some models do not include these parts, but they are essential for your child to play. Some models even come with salt and pepper shakers, sauces, cutting boards, and tea sets. All of these accessories make the game feel more real.
Some of the accessories include plates, silverware, pots, pans, and food.
Last but not least, we have come to the most important aspect of any toy: your child’s safety. First of all, you need to make sure that the toy kitchen does not include any toxic materials, sharp edges, or any element that can cause your children to get hurt.
We all know that children love putting everything in their mouths, so make sure that all of the parts are big enough so that your child will not choke. It is a good idea to always watch your children when they are playing in general. Finally, when setting up the toy kitchen, make sure that it is stable and that it will not fall.
A toy kitchen is an excellent item to give your child or grandchildren, even if they don’t grow up to be a chef. They will have so much fun playing with this item and the many accessories that come with it. Your little ones will be able to make-believe and feel like they are cooking. This is fun for the whole family.
There is a huge variety of different toy kitchens on the U.S. market, but we are confident that we have provided you with the correct information. Now, get out there and choose the best item for you and your family. It is going to be a lot of fun.
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about toy kitchens. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of featured image: Olesia Bilkei: 47972340/ 123rf.com)