How we pick our products
The future is now. What used to be limited to sci-fi movies or the delusions of someone who has completely lost the plot is now our reality. Smartwatches are slowly but surely making their way into our daily lives, offering more and more features every time. In fact, they are quietly becoming necessities for years to come.
Samsung knows this and isn’t ready to be left behind when it comes to technology. To respond to the growing popularity and demand for these accessories from users around the world, the South Korean multinational has dedicated considerable time to them in recent years. Thanks to its extensive experience in the world of technology, it can now offer quality, complete, and affordable smartwatches.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Samsung Smartwatches on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Samsung Smartwatches
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- Older Samsung smartwatches still benefit from operating system upgrades, which means that they aren’t obsolete at all.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch is one of the manufacturer’s latest models and combines the most avant-garde technology with a highly sophisticated design.
- There are various critical shopping criteria to evaluate before buying your own Samsung smartwatch. These include the autonomy, for which you will need to think about how frequently you plan on using your device. In the final section of our article, we will delve into these factors to help you make the right purchase.
Our Selection: The Best Samsung Smartwatches on the U.S. Market
Samsung always has the perfect option for you. Whether you’re an athlete, looking for an exclusive watch to receive your business calls, or a shopping lover who wants to play with their watch, the South Korean brand has you covered. We don’t want you to miss out on all the fun, which is why we have selected the best Samsung smartwatches currently on the American market. You can learn more about them in the following section:
- Best Samsung Smartwatch Overall
- Best Samsung Smartwatch for Athletes
- Best Samsung Smartwatch for Design Lovers
- Best-Selling Samsung Smartwatch
Best Samsung Smartwatch Overall
The Samsung Galaxy Watch is the very best of the smartwatch world, so it isn’t a surprise to see it has become Amazon’s Choice in the category. This waterproof, military-grade resistant device is available in three colors and three casing sizes. Compatible with Android and iOS cell phones, it charges quickly on its wireless dock for days of battery. This elegant smartwatch integrates Samsung Pay and countless other apps available. One-year warranty included.
Best Samsung Smartwatch for Athletes
If you’re looking for something more affordable and tailored to your active lifestyle, the Samsung Gear Sport smartwatch is the option for you. Water-resistant up to 50 meters, it has everything you need to keep up with you: a heart rate monitor, GPS mapping, and a calorie counter at the touch of a button. The Samsung Gear Sport comes with a training guide app with over 60 different workouts, and it will coach you all the way to your fitness goals!
Best Samsung Smartwatch for Design Lovers
Elegant and timeless, the design of the Galaxy Watch Active2 will make more than one Swiss watch brand green with envy. With two casing sizes available, it is incredibly light and comfortable to wear. Whether you want to keep track of your workouts or go to a dinner date, this model is a fantastic option. Samsung’s virtual assistant, Bixby, makes your life easier by responding to your voice commands. The brand offers a one-year warranty with it.
Best-Selling Samsung Smartwatch
Despite the growing popularity of the Galaxy Watch, the Gear S3 Frontier remains the best-selling Samsung smartwatch to date. With thousands of positive reviews and high ratings, its quality has been tried and tested by many. Its classic watch design allows you to wear it in all kinds of situations – and it’s built to last. The battery can last up to four days without charging. In addition, this is the most affordable model of our selection!
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Samsung Smartwatches
Why are Samsung smartwatches a quality choice?
First of all, the company that was founded in 1938 in Seoul, the capital of South Korea, has a history spanning over 80 years. Secondly, the company’s interest and experience in technology need not be proven. This has led the multinational to offer quality products while investing significantly to improve or discover new applicable technologies.
What are the advantages of Samsung smartwatches?
What is Tizen, and why do Samsung smartwatches use it?
So, what does this mean for users? Luckily for us, not too much! Since July 22, 2013, Tizen is compatible with Android applications, which means that you won’t have to buy another special phone or see your smartwatch’s performance hindered. In fact, many of its features are also compatible with iOS devices. Relax!
What possibilities does the Samsung Galaxy Watch offer?
- Android and iOS compatibility: This means that you can synchronize your smartwatch to any device running these operating systems via Bluetooth.
- Modern and varied design: Choose from different sizes. This stylish model is available in several colors.
- Always On function: It allows you to check the time whenever you want, day or night.
- It can stream music: You no longer have to go out with your cell phone when you want to listen to music. You can also use this Samsung smartwatch to listen to your favorite songs while playing sports and working out.
- Increased autonomy: It has up to seven days of autonomy. In other words, the battery can last about 168 hours – quite a luxury!
- Tools to improve your daily life: Monitor your sleep, access the Samsung Galaxy Watch personal trainer to stay in shape, or track your heart rate and calories consumed per day.
- Assistant function: Make the most of an assistant that knows when you wake up to show you today’s weather or to remind you of the most important meetings on your schedule.
- Hundreds of exclusive applications: Because Samsung is continuously increasing the number of providers it collaborates with, you will gain access to hundreds of apps (some of which are exclusive).
- Manufactured with resistant and durable materials: Water-resistant (5 ATM) and certified with military-grade protection. This means that your new smartwatch is made of sturdy, high-quality materials.
- Very easy to charge: Simply place the device on its wireless charging base. You’ll quickly be able to wrap the Samsung Galaxy Watch around your wrist again.
- You can pay directly with it: Thanks to the Samsung Pay app, you will be able to make payments in countless stores without having to take your wallet out!
Can I get updates on an old Samsung model?
Now that we have delved into the world of Samsung smartwatches, you should know why they are an excellent option. But do you know which model is the right one for you? This is a very personal matter, and there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to it. To help you make the best possible decision, we have detailed the most important shopping criteria to evaluate. If you keep them in mind while browsing your options, we guarantee you will be a step closer to your dream Samsung smartwatch.
Your personal use of the device is a determining factor in your purchase. Are you looking for a smartwatch to exercise or to wear casually on a daily basis? Or maybe you want a more elegant model that combines style and functionality. As you noticed in our selection of products earlier, there really is something for every need. Take yours into account and choose accordingly!
This aspect is nothing you can neglect, as it is directly linked to why you want a smartwatch in the first place. The more features and characteristics it offers, the more attractive it may be to you. You could be particularly interested in a model with a GPS, for instance. In addition, you could increase your daily comfort if it allows you to make payments on the go. If you don’t need these functionalities, however, you can opt for a more basic smartwatch.
Whatever you do, don’t buy for the sake of buying. The latest Samsung model may be visually appealing, but it might not be the most comfortable for you. To minimize this issue, the South Korean brand generally offers watch casings of different diameters. Invest in a product that doesn’t bother you; it should be like a second skin. If you end up with a model that’s not quite to your liking, don’t hesitate to return it. Both Amazon and Samsung are reputable companies, so it won’t be a problem!
As you may have noticed, some of Samsung’s smartwatches offer outstanding autonomy. This is the case of the Samsung Galaxy Watch, whose battery can last up to seven days without needing to be charged. That being said, you may not need such a long battery life if you only want the device for a few basic functionalities. When in doubt, it is always better to opt for too much than not enough.
Smartwatches are here to make our day-to-day life easier. They allow you to receive message and email notifications, receive and make calls, listen to music no matter where you are, or even pay at almost any store. Samsung models have gone a step further, adding style and design to technology.
But opting for the latest model available isn’t the best way to pick the right device. You have to think about what you want it for. Do you need a smartwatch to help you work out and monitor your heart rate? Are you looking to listen to music without carrying an additional device on you? Do you want a more formal and classier model? Keep in mind the shopping criteria we discussed and make your decision.
Did you find our guide on Samsung smartwatches helpful and informative? If that’s the case, feel free to tell us which model you chose by leaving us a comment in the section below. You can also share this article on your social media for others to enjoy!
(Source of Featured Image: Ammentorp: 45175313/ 123rf.com)