How we pick our products
Performing cleaning tasks at home is not always pleasant. Or it may be that you simply don’t have time. Vacuum robots have been among us for decades, but technology has managed to democratize their access. They are devices that are distinguished by two basic characteristics: their autonomy and their great suction power.
With technological advances, some robot vacuum cleaners even scrub after vacuuming the entire house. The use of sensors allows the devices to detect obstacles and recharge themselves when the battery runs out. This is truly a luxury that is now at our fingertips, as we will see throughout this article.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Ranking: The Best Robot Vacuums on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Robot Vacuum Cleaners
- 3.1 What exactly is a robot vacuum?
- 3.2 What is the difference between a robot vacuum and a conventional vaccum?
- 3.3 Why buy a robot vacuum cleaner?
- 3.4 Are vacuum robots suitable for thorough cleaning?
- 3.5 How is a robot vacuum designed to be effective?
- 3.6 What technical differences are there between the different types of vacuum robots?
- 3.7 How long does the battery of a robot vacuum cleaner last?
- 3.8 How many square meters does a robot vacuum cleaner cover?
- 3.9 Are vacuum robots usually very loud?
- 4 What are the features of vacuum robots?
- 5 What types of vacuum robots exist and which one is right for you?
- 6 Shopping Criteria
- 7 Summary
- The current vacuum robots stand out for their great power of autonomy and their proven high suction capacity.
- The newest models incorporate very advanced technological features and can, among other functions, be controlled through a mobile application.
- The most modern versions of these appliances allow you to program the appliance from anywhere and include the possibility of scrubbing the floor.
- The product has become indispensable for pet owners and for cleaning large areas.
Ranking: The Best Robot Vacuums on the U.S. Market
Below, we show the five best automatic cleaning devices that you can find on the U.S. market today. Differences in price and performance are what will determine the best choice for your needs. Analyze the characteristics of each one and choose the most suitable for your home or that of your family. You will not regret acquiring one of these amazing machines.
- No. 1: Teufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S
- No. 2: ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 Robotic Vacuum
- No. 3: DEENKEE Robot Vacuum
- No. 4: ECOVACS Robotics DEEBOT N79S
- No. 5: Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
No. 1: Teufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S
The Slimmest RoboVacc takes on dust-busting around your home so you don’t have to. Multiple cleaning modes and auto-clean scheduling ensure an effortless, thorough clean, while you do other things or nothing at all.
Refined from the inside and out to provide quiet vacuuming with zero hassle, RoboVac cleans with the equivalent volume of conversational speech, and is only 2. 85” tall to clean under low-hanging furniture with ease. RoboVac may be super-slim, but it’s packed with a 3-point cleaning system, BoostIQ Technology.
No. 2: ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 Robotic Vacuum
This Robot Vacuum Cleaner takes care of vacuuming so you don’t have to. Three cleaning modes and scheduling accessible from the ECOVACS Home App ensures an effortless, thorough clean while you do things you really love. Its low sound level allows you to have conversations or watch TV while it cleans.
Max Mode double suction power to better clean your hard floors and carpets of dirt and dust when needed. With Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, utilize voice commands such as “Alexa, ask DEEBOT to start cleaning”. DEEBOT 500 also comes with an easy-to-use remote control.
No. 3: DEENKEE Robot Vacuum
Built-in multi-function omnidirectional infrared sensor achieves anti-collision and anti-drop functions, protecting your vacuum cleaner at any time during the cleaning process.We accompany your life and improve your quality of life. Can easily move from hard floor to carpet. Super-thin body design of only 2.8 inches high, makes it easier to move and clean under furniture.
DK600 uses a 2600mAh lithium-ion long battery life, providing almost 100 minutes working time. When the power of the robot vacuum is less than 20%, DK600 will return to the charging base to charge itself.Charging time is 5-6h.
No. 4: ECOVACS Robotics DEEBOT N79S
El robot Ecovacs N79S es uno de los más vendidos en Amazon. Puedes controlarlo desde tu móvil desde una aplicación (app) y también desde el mando a distancia. Presenta cuatro modos de limpieza: automático, esquinas, intensivo (Max) y Spot para manchas específicas. Cien minutos de autonomía. Regresa a la base de carga al finalizar.
El artículo está recomendado para suelos duros y alfombras. Sus dimensiones son 33 x 33 x 7,8 cm y dispone de batería de litio. Incluye un filtro para retener alérgenos y polvo. Incluye dos cepillos laterales y uno central. Ideal para pelos de mascotas. Calidad-precio inmejorable. Dos años de garantía y servicio técnico disponible. 67 dB.
No. 5: Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
With 1700Pa Super Strong Suction, The Coredy R3500 Robot Vacuum can pick-up almost all kinds of garbage like dust, pet hair and daily paper etc. Adopting the latest anti-drop sensors, the Coredy R3500 could protect itself from dropping and collision when meet large gap or step. Slows in advance to protect your furniture, when dual anti-collision sensors detect obstacles.
Designed w/550ml larger dirt bin, Coredy R3500 can clean more areas at same time, which means you don’t need to empty it frequently. Automatically adjust the suction power which allow your robot to easily adapt to different types of flooring. Comes with a washable HEPA filter, which helps get rid of smaller household dust and allergens, ideal for homes with pets.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Robot Vacuum Cleaners
There are many types of robot vacuum cleaners available on the market today. Before deciding on which one to buy, you should analyze their characteristics to suit your needs. A small apartment is not the same as a large family home. Next, we will show you the usual questions from potential robot vacuum users so that you have a “mini-guide” for your purchase.
What exactly is a robot vacuum?
What is the difference between a robot vacuum and a conventional vaccum?
Why buy a robot vacuum cleaner?
It is important that the home is compatible with the robot. Otherwise, you will have to spend time “watching over it.”
Are vacuum robots suitable for thorough cleaning?
How is a robot vacuum designed to be effective?
What technical differences are there between the different types of vacuum robots?
|Random device||Technologically advanced devices||Next generation devices|
|They use contact and ultrasound sensors to raise and lower for different heights of the room .||They rely on cameras or laser technology to regularly scan the ceiling and create a plan of the room to be cleaned.||They use 360 degree laser navigation to navigate a house and do their job effectively.|
How long does the battery of a robot vacuum cleaner last?
- A shorter battery life duration does not mean that the model is cheaper or offers worse results.
- There are very expensive models that only allow 45 minutes of autonomy. Others offer 150 minutes and are cheaper.
- They are usually destined for industries and their execution time can reach 200 minutes.
How many square meters does a robot vacuum cleaner cover?
We should take into account some additional aspects:
- The longer the battery lasts, the more surface the robot can cover.
- If the model is very tall, the robot will not be able to clean under chairs and sofas.
- Therefore, consider the height of the device and the measurements of your furniture.
Are vacuum robots usually very loud?
What are the features of vacuum robots?
Unlike the normal vacuum cleaner, the robot offers a series of functions that serve to achieve optimum performance. Many of the models offered include extras, such as wet cleaning or special filters for allergy sufferers. Let’s see below the key aspects of a robot vacuum cleaner:
- Random or non-systematic detection assumes that the model works with contact or ultrasonic sensors. In some areas it won’t work or the robot goes through the same place several times.
- Systematic space detection works much better. The robots create a map of the room with cameras and lasers. Thus, they scan the roof every time it is used and are more efficient. Each of the two systems has advantages and disadvantages:
|Non-systematic or random detection||These models are generally cheaper||It may be necessary to improve the result manually|
|Systematic Detection||Electricity savings and more uniform result||More expensive and do not absorb persistent dirt|
Brushes and Rollers
- Clean combs and hair accessories regularly.
- The brushes must be replaced due to their high wear.
- The brushes of some models can be removed, which makes cleaning easier.
- Some models have rollers instead of brushes.
- Generally, they are rubber and easier to clean, without losing suction power. However, they criticize themselves because they do not aspire as well as the models with brushes.
Although most models now have a HEPA or similar type filter, it is still necessary to pay attention to whether it is available, in the model description.
What special features do vacuum robots have?
|Remote Control||It allows you to operate directly from the sofa to send instructions. It is recommended if the device has missed an area and it is necessary to go over it again.|
|Controllable via Apps||With an application, you can check if the robotic vacuum has already completed its activity. Also if you may have gotten stuck in a place and now you need help. In addition, you can control the application remotely if you are traveling.|
|Charging Station||Many models have a battery charging station. Once the work is finished, or when the battery runs out, the devices return to their base and charge independently.|
What is usually the capacity of the vacuum robot containers?
- If the container is full, the robot will indicate this by means of an LED light or an audible signal.
- Most large capacity models are specifically designed for very wide environments.
What types of vacuum robots exist and which one is right for you?
In principle, two basic types of robot vacuums can be distinguished from the wide range of models on the market. Robots with a bag and robots without a bag. Most of the current robot vacuum cleaners are without a bag, but you should not forget about the bot robots. They can be especially suitable for you. In any case, we present advantages and disadvantages of both:
|Robot vacuums with bags||Robot vacuums with without bags|
|Cost||The purchase of spare parts is expensive||Daily and economical, long-term emptying savings|
|Efficiency||It is efficient and saves time because it does not require additional cleaning||Cleaning is slower and requires cleaning of the device|
|Capacity||Less capacity||Large capacity to hold larger quantities of dirt and dust|
|Speed||The cleaning is faster||The cleaning is slower|
What type of robot vacuum cleaner is suitable for each home?
- Robots can effortlessly get rid of dust and dirt on laminate floors, parquet or tiles.
- If you also want to scrub the floor from time to time you must choose a robot that incorporates this feature.
- If you have long-haired carpets, there aren’t many robots in the market that can handle the situation. Even if they do, you will need to finish cleaning by hand or with a vacuum cleaner.
- Short-haired carpets are no longer a problem for modern vacuum robots. Despite this, some less advanced devices may get caught in the transition from floor to carpet.
- For the ideal cleaning of carpets and pet hair there are specific robots. Generally, they use rollers and special brushes for animals.
- Current robots usually incorporate a HEPA or similar filter, which is now a common feature. However, if you are allergic to dust you should investigate the product description.
Given the wide range of robot vacuum models, it is necessary to compare different models before you make a final purchase. In this section we will show you a series of important features you can consider before deciding on a particular product. With these key factors, you can compare and finally select the best robot for your needs.
Height is undoubtedly one of the most important criteria for the purchase of a robot vacuum cleaner. The device must be lower than the furniture in your home. Thus, it can clean underneath them without problem. Therefore, you don’t just have to pay attention to the dimensions of the robot vacuum cleaner. You must also measure your own furniture.
The weight of a robot vacuum cleaner is not very important. Generally, it should not be lifted. But if the product load is unusually high it is better to pay attention to lighter models. If the device is intended for hard floors (such as tile, floor or parquet), the weight is not an important factor.
A larger capacity is partly reflected in the price, but varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The height of the device is also influenced by the capacity. The higher the model, the more likely the container can hold larger quantities. In general, a good robot vacuum can hold at least 4 ounces.
Like all appliances, vacuum robots generate a certain level of noise. Depending on the model of the device, it is usually between 60 and 90 decibels. In the following table you can see what consequences exactly a specific noise level can have. Let’s see what the decibel level is comparable:
|40||A quiet Apartment||Concentration disorder threshold, but harmless|
|70||A hair dryer||Mostly safe, but increases the risk of hearing disorders|
|90||A jack hammer||Prolonged and unpleasant exposure threatens hearing damage|
|100||A circular saw|
Most models are designed to work constantly for 45 minutes. The most common autonomy time is between 90 and 120 minutes. We recommend that you choose a model with a long service life. That is, between 90 and 100 minutes of charging or a model that automatically recharges when it runs out of battery.
Battery Charging Time
Most vacuum robots have a relatively high load type. There are models that take 3 to 5 hours, depending on the type of battery. We recommend that you charge the charging time together with the battery’s autonomy. If this is short and the loading time is very long, the product may not be profitable for you.
Design and Color
Design plays an important role for many people. The appliance must conform to the environment because it is a visible element. Therefore, there is a great variety of models, both in shape and color. Semicircular robots are especially suitable for the corners of a room. The color is also important.
A very important factor is customer reviews. You can find information that the manufacturer does not answer in its users’ manual or marketing materials. Thus, you will know if a device can go over carpets, for example, or if the manufacturer also sells spare parts. Analyzing customer experiences helps you simplify your purchase decision.
Smart robot vacuum cleaners are very helpful appliances in a home. Although they have been present among us for decades, only now do they have affordable prices for any pocket. Moreover, we assure you that your life will take a 360º turn when you see what they are capable of doing.
Ideal for absorbing animal hair, vacuum robots are perfect as home helpers. They have side brushes and purifying filters to retain dust and allergens. The most modern are programmable and you can control them through the mobile. All at a reasonable price. Do not miss them!
If you liked the article, do not forget to share it on social media with your family and friends. If you prefer, leave a comment.
(Featured image source: Photochicken: 52423566/ 123rf.com)