How we pick our products
Many people love to read a nice book before going to sleep; others love to search the web or check their social media. A nightstand is a wonderful and very useful item for these people. We know you might get tired when reading your book or using your device and it is nice to have a place to put these things down before you lay your head down on your pillow and go to sleep. A nightstand is perfect for this.
You can also but a lamp on these stands to give a little bit more light to your room. These stands often come with a drawer where you can keep several small items. It is a very useful thing to have in any bedroom. To help you purchase the perfect nightstand, we have created this shopping guide and review for you.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Nightstands on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Nightstands
- 3.1 What is a nightstand exactly?
- 3.2 Should I get two different nightstands, or should they be the same?
- 3.3 What types of nightstands are there?
- 3.4 Should I get a practical nightstand or a decorative nightstand?
- 3.5 What should I put on my nightstand?
- 3.6 How should I keep my nightstand organized?
- 3.7 What styles of nightstands are there?
- 3.8 What are the pros and cons of using a nightstand?
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- On the market, you will find different types of nightstands, and you will be able to choose the stand that best fits your needs, the space you have available, and your style. You should also consider what room in your house you are going to use the stand in and if you will use it as a nightstand or a side table in the living room or the kitchen.
- If you want two of the same nightstands, you need to buy them both at the same time. If you wait, you risk the item going out of stock or accidentally getting the wrong model or size. It is also fine to buy two different nightstands.
- When buying a nightstand, you should keep in mind its dimensions to make sure that the stand fits in the place where you want to put it. Consider the style of your home and your room to make sure the item will match the decor that you already have.
Our Selection: The Best Nightstands on the U.S. Market
We know that you are probably curious about the nightstands that are currently on the market, so we have created a list to help you with your purchase. Check out these models and pay attention to the user’s comments. We hope that this list will give you some insight and help you make the best decision.
- Best Small Nightstand
- Best Wooden Nightstand
- Best Nightstand with Extra Storage
- Best Metal Nightstand
Best Small Nightstand
The first item on our list is an Amazon’s choice; it is very popular among users. If you have a small place and are looking for a great nightstand, this is the product for you. This item is sold in packs of two and is very sturdy. The corners are rounded to prevent any injuries. It comes in nine colors for you to choose from.
Best Wooden Nightstand
The second item on our list is also an Amazon’s choice; you are sure to be satisfied. If you like minimalist furniture, this is a great option for you. This nightstand is made out of wood and has a simple, natural look that will match any room. This product has a drawer to store small things and comes in 4 different colors.
Best Nightstand with Extra Storage
If you are looking to have storage in your room, this nightstand is for you. Although this model is quite small, it has two drawers. It has very neutral colors and a simple, retro look that will match easily with the other furniture in your room. This model comes in 4 different colors for you to choose from.
Best Metal Nightstand
The last item on our list this model is very different because it is made out of glass and metal and has two shelves. If you are a person that needs a lot of space for books, art, or any other type of decoration, this is the perfect nightstand for you. There is a lot of space between the two shelves.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Nightstands
What is a nightstand exactly?
Should I get two different nightstands, or should they be the same?
If you make a good choice, you can make your space special. If you do decide to buy two different styles of nightstands, try to make sure they have a similar color scheme. You can even repaint a stand to make it unique and your creation.
What types of nightstands are there?
- Wooden nightstand. This is one of the most popular types of nightstands on the market. They can be made of solid wood but are usually made out of plywood, chipboard, or DM boards. These three types of wood are usually much more affordable.
- Plastic nightstand. This type of nightstand is not very popular. It may be mixed with other materials like metal or wood.
- Metal nightstand. This type of nightstand was more popular back in the day. However, you may find many bases or legs for your nightstand that are made out of metal.
- Glass nightstand. You may find models that have a glass surface while the rest of the stand is made of wood or metal.
- Methacrylate nightstand. Methacrylate nightstands are great as they help lighten up your room.
Should I get a practical nightstand or a decorative nightstand?
If you do not have a lot of storage in your room, you must purchase a nightstand that has a door where you can put things you may need. If you already have enough storage, you might want to buy a stand that has shelves where you can put decorations. If you are looking for a nightstand just to decorate your room, make sure you find one that matches your house’s style.
What should I put on my nightstand?
|Lamp||You will be able to light up your room whenever you need.|
|Alarm clock||This is a great place to put an alarm clock, which may be louder and more reliable than your phone. If you don’t want an alarm clock, you can always place your phone on the nightstand.|
|Books||If you like to read in bed, it is always a great idea to have books near you.|
|Water||Just in case you get thirsty.|
|Small box||This is a great place to store little things that you might need.|
How should I keep my nightstand organized?
- Keep your nightstand free of clutter and clean it thoroughly.
- Choose wisely the items that you want to have near you. The number of items you can have on your nightstand will depend on how much free space you have. Try to choose a minimum amount of items to keep your space looking tidy.
- Try to keep your space tidy. Remember to always put everything back where it came from.
What styles of nightstands are there?
- Shabby chic. This style imitates furniture from the victorian houses in Britain in the 19th century. Some of the characteristics are flowers, pastel colors, and a rustic touch.
- Minimalist. This style is very simple. One of the main characteristics is its straight lines. This style usually uses simple colors like white, black, olive green, or navy blue.
- Rustic. Nightstands that use this style usually are a dark color and have a special touch.
- Nordic. Nordic style is becoming more and more popular. The bright wood and neutral color are two of its main characteristics. This style sometimes uses other neutral or pastel colors.
- Retro. This style imitates aesthetics from the past.
- Vintage. This style uses old pieces from the past and brings them to the present. You can find this type of nightstand in second-hand shops.
What are the pros and cons of using a nightstand?
We are nearing the end of the article, and you have probably learned a lot. Before you make your purchase we would like to provide you with a list of shopping criteria that will help you buy the best nightstand for you. The following are those criteria:
Before purchasing your nightstand, you are going to want to measure the space that you have available. This is a very important step. You need to make sure that the stand does not block your access to a window or a closet. This is why it is important to know how big and tall the nightstand is.
View this post on Instagram
What are you currently reading? I’ve partnered with @blackstonepublishing to giveaway two copies of Forgotten (winner picked by @storygramtours). To Enter Follow me, @kcastauthor, @blackstonepublishing, and @storygramtours Tag a friend you think will be interested For EXTRA entry visit @darkfaerietales_ tomorrow and repeat these steps This ends November 4th at midnight EST INTERNATIONAL Not affiliated with Instagram Must be 18 or have parents permission Must be public account . . . #storygramtours #nightstand #fairylight #aquietmoment #livelifebeautifully #cornerofmyhome #momentsofmine #pocketofmyhome #aestheticpost #blissfulday #stillography #lovelysquares #nestandflourish #flashesofdelight #petitejoys #slowandsimpledays #smallmomentsofcalm #ofquietmoments #postitfortheaesthetic #toeachtheirpath #inspiremyinstagram #seekinspirecreate #livemoremagic #aquietbeauty #asecondofwhimsey #awakethelight #lifestyleinspo #photosinbetween #ofsimplethings #cornerofmyhome
These items usually come in pieces that you have to put together, you want this process to be as easy as possible. It should come with instructions in English and a list of the tools that you will need.
It is important to keep in mind how you are going to use your nightstand. If you are buying it to decorate your room, you want to make sure it matches the colors and style of your home. If you are looking for extra space, you will want to buy a nightstand with lots of storage. You should be able to put all the items you need on the surface of the table.
A nightstand is a very practical piece of furniture for any household. You can use it to put all of the items you need when you are in bed, like a book, a bottle of water, or an alarm clock. When purchasing your nightstand, you should keep in mind all of the information and shopping criteria that we included in this article. We are confident that you will make the best purchase.
We hope that you enjoyed this article about nightstands and that you learned a lot. If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave us a comment; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much!
(Source of Featured Image: Benjamin Voros: X63FTIZFbZo/ Unsplash.com)