How we pick our products
We all love summer. The weather is better. The days are longer, and vacation begins! The downside of summer is that the temperature starts to rise and the bugs come out. Many people choose to close their windows for the summer to avoid bug bites, even though it can get pretty hot. If this is your case, a mosquito screen or net could solve your problems. With a mosquito screen, you will be able to keep your windows open, let the light and breeze in, and you will not have to worry about bugs getting into your house. No more hiding under your pillow from the mosquitoes! In this article, we will be talking about mosquito nets and mosquito screens.
You can always close your windows and use the A.C. to avoid these pests, but your electric bill will rise. It is sometimes nice to open up the windows and sleep with the summer breeze. With a window screen or mosquito net, you can avoid those nasty bug bites during the day and night. To help you find the best item, we have prepared this shopping guide for you.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Mosquito Nets on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Mosquito Nets
- 3.1 What are mosquito nets and screens exactly?
- 3.2 What types of mosquito nets and screens are there and how do I install one?
- 3.3 How do I close my mosquito screen?
- 3.4 Where should I install my mosquito screen?
- 3.5 What is an anti-pollen mosquito screen?
- 3.6 What are the pros and cons of mosquito nets and screens?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- You will find a variety of mosquito nets and screens on the U.S. market. You should check which one will adapt best to your needs. Keep in mind the model of the net that you need.
- Mosquito screens let the light and breeze in while keeping out insects. This is why these items are great and will allow you to sleep with your windows open. These items will also allow you to keep the windows open during the day and avoid nasty bug bites.
- You should always look for a high-quality window screen or mosquito net. Check the material it is made out of and make sure that it is the best. We will go over this with more detail in the “Shopping Criteria” section. Make sure to buy a product that is easy to install. Keep in mind the type of screen or net that you want and how you will use it.
Our Selection: The Best Mosquito Nets on the U.S. Market
We have made a list of the best mosquito nets and screens on the U.S. market to help you make the best purchase. We have picked out the items with the best reviews and ratings. It is always a good idea to look at the reviews of other customers when purchasing any item.
- Best Adjustable Mosquito Screen
- Best Magnetic Mosquito Screen
- Best Travel Mosquito Net
- Best Mosquito Net for Beds
- Best Mosquito Net for Cribs
Best Adjustable Mosquito Screen
The first item on our list is an “Amazon’s Choice.” This is an adjustable screen for windows. It comes in many different sizes. You just need to measure your window before purchasing this item to make sure that it fits. This model is very sturdy and the rails are made out of wood.
Best Magnetic Mosquito Screen
This second item on our list is also an “Amazon’s Choice.” This mosquito screen is meant for doors. It is a magnetic mosquito screen, making it very easy to open and close. The installation is very easy as it comes with velcro-like strips helping it stay attached to the door.
Best Travel Mosquito Net
The third item on our list is a number one bestseller of its kind on Amazon. This item comes with a carry bag making it very portable. Now, you don’t have to worry about bugs when going camping or staying in a hotel room. You can take this mosquito net with you wherever you want.
Best Mosquito Net for Beds
The fourth item on our list is also a number one seller on Amazon. This mosquito net is meant to hang over your bed and protect you from bugs while you sleep. The installation is quick and easy. The company brags that even a toddler could do it! With this item, you can sleep with the windows open without worrying about bug bites.
Best Mosquito Net for Cribs
The last item on our list is a number one seller on Amazon as well. You are sure to be satisfied. This net is meant for cribs. It will protect your baby from pests. This is a very important item in any household, as babies are more sensitive to bug bites.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Mosquito Nets
The list of best Mosquito nets and screens on the U.S. market that we provided above probably helped you learn a bit about these different features of these items. You might even end up buying one of the models that we provided on this list. However, there is still information that you need to know before making your purchase. So, make sure to pay attention to the following shopping guide.
What are mosquito nets and screens exactly?
A mosquito screen is a base that is installed into a window or a door to keep insects and other animals out of your home. They come in different shapes and sizes. They can also be made out of different materials. There are also items called mosquitoes nets that can be put over beds, cribs, strollers, camping tables, etc. These serve the same purpose, but they are in the form of a net.
What types of mosquito nets and screens are there and how do I install one?
The first thing you should consider is what item you want exactly. In this article, we are talking about mosquitoes nets and screens. You should also know how to install the item you wish to purchase. It is important to pay attention to this list. It will help you get the model you want.
- Window screens. This is the most common way to keep bugs out of your home. You will find many models to choose from on the market.
- Door screens. Some people like to keep their doors opened, depending on the type of house that they have. Doors are another way that bugs can get into your home. A door screen will help you fight these pests.
- Mosquito net for beds. This type of mosquito net is hung over your bed. Mosquitoes bite the most at night. With this net, you will be able to avoid this problem.
- Mosquito net for cribs. Babies are an easy target for mosquitoes and other bugs. It is a great idea to get a mosquito net for your baby’s crib. This way, you can avoid the many problems that come with bug bites on babies.
- Mosquito net for strollers. Babies can also get bitten by bugs when out and about, this is why it is important to have a mosquito net for strollers. Especially if you go camping a lot with your child.
- Traveling mosquito net. This type of mosquito net is great for when you travel to exotic places that might not have a mosquito net in the hotel or if you go camping. There are also mosquito nets to apply over the tent.
How do I close my mosquito screen?
Now that you know the different types of mosquito nets and screens that are on the market, we want to tell you the different types of screens based on how they are closed. This aspect will also help you choose the item that will be best for you. Depending on where and how you will use your mosquito screen, it must meet certain requirements. The following is a list of the types of screens based on how they are closed.
- Fixed. Once you install this type of mosquito screen, it stays in the same place. This type is very cheap and great for windows or doors that you don’t open all of the time.
- Sliding. This type of mosquito net slides to the side. You have to install a rail to your window to use this type of screen.
- Extendible. This type of screen works like window blinds. It can be opened and closed.
- Roll-up. This screen is also like a window blind but it rolls up. This type of screen is perfect if you have to open and close the window varies times a day.
- Pleated. These types of mosquito screens are folded when pulled back and are great for windows and doors.
- Velcro. This is one of the most common mosquito nets on the market. They are installed with velcro and are usually very affordable
- Magnetic. These screens have magnets and they are very easy to install.
- Foldable. This screen works on any door or window. It is very convenient as it is foldable.
- Curtain. This screen acts as a curtain and is great for any window or door.
Where should I install my mosquito screen?
If you have gotten to this point in the article, you probably have a better idea of what type of mosquito net or screen that you need. However, you may still have some doubts and questions. We have prepared a table for you below to help you make the best decision.
|Place of installation||Best type of mosquito screen|
|Sliding windows||Roll-up or sliding|
|Exterior access window||Sliding, pleated, or roll-up|
|Door||Folding, roll-up, or pleated|
What is an anti-pollen mosquito screen?
An anti-pollen mosquito screen protects you from pollen that might cause an allergic reaction. This is great for people who have asthma or problems with allergies. These screens are made out of a special type of fabric. If you need this type of screen you should make sure it is anti-pollen before making your purchase.
You can verify that the mosquito screen you are buying is truly anti-pollen by making sure that the product is certified. This item should be able to block 100% of the different types of pollen that can enter your home. Denser anti-pollen mosquito screens will have a smaller percentage of protection. This is a great option for anyone who suffers from allergies.
What are the pros and cons of mosquito nets and screens?
You now probably know a lot more than you did before about mosquito nets and screens. You have learned about certain characteristics that you should always keep in mind when trying to make the best purchase, but, before moving on, we have made you a list of the pros and cons of having a mosquito net or screen.
We are nearing the end of this article. We have shown you many important characteristics of mosquito nets and screens. However, before we finish we want to give you a list of shopping criteria that you should keep in mind before making your purchase. The following are those criteria:
You must buy a good quality mosquito net or screen. you may find very cheap options on the market, but they will end up costing you more if they break or do not work well. You will end up having to buy a new one. Your net or screen needs to be made of high-quality materials. Also, check the manufacturer’s warranty.
As we mentioned in the section above, you need to buy a mosquito net or screen that is made out of high-quality materials. They also need to be made of the correct materials depending on how you will use your net or screen. To make the correct decision, we have provided you with the main materials that mosquito nets and screens are made out of.
- Fiberglass. This is the most common material in mosquito screens and you will find a variety of options.
- Polyester. This is a very ergonomic material. You can also cut this material easily to adapt it to the space where you are installing it.
- Plastic. This material is usually green and is often used in the countryside and on farms. It is very sturdy and will last you a long time.
- Aluminum. This type of screen is used frequently in the countryside because it is very sturdy. It keeps bugs and other animals out of the house.
- Stainless steel. This material is also very sturdy.
- Polyethylene. This material is a mixture of plastic and fiberglass. This is a great material for covering a big area, like a gazebo.
You may already be very apt in this area if you are professional. If this is your case, the installation of your mosquito screen or net will not be too complicated. However, if you don’t know much about installation, we recommend that you look for a mosquito net or screen that is easy to install, for example, velcro or magnetic mosquito net. This way, you will save time and money.
You will find a huge variety of mosquito nets and screens on the market. We discussed the different types of mosquito nets and screens in a section above. We recommend that you go over this section and figure out what type you want to buy. Keep your priorities in mind, and, also, think about how much you are willing to spend and where you will install the net or screen.
We wanted to separate this section from the paragraph above so that you can think about how you will use your mosquito net or screen. You should keep in mind that these items are mostly used to keep bugs out of your house, but you can also use them to keep other animals and pollen out. If you have allergy problems we recommend that you buy an anti-pollen mosquito screen. If you are trying to keep other animals, besides bugs, out of the house, we recommend an aluminum mosquito screen.
With these items, you no longer need to sleep with your windows closed to keep out unwanted pests. A mosquito screen will solve this problem. You can use them at any point in the day. They will keep bugs out and let the sunlight and breeze in.
When choosing your mosquito screen, you should make sure that it is made of good-quality materials. You also need to keep in mind how you will use this item.
If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it and leave a comment.
(Source of featured image: Serezniy: 110643621/ 123rf.com)