Every day more and more people are beginning to pick up the sport of running. Currently, this sport brings together millions of running fans from different countries and cultures across the world. These runners are always looking for the best running equipment. Running shoes are undoubtedly the most important equipment and you will need these shoes if you want to start running. Running shoes are a specific type of shoe. For other sports, there are other shoes, for example, basketball shoes, golf shoes, etc.
There are hundreds of brands that sell many different types of men’s running shoes. You are bound to find one that meets all of your needs as a runner. However, this large variety of running shoes is one of the reasons that makes it difficult to find the perfect shoes. It is important to go over a few of this product’s characteristics before purchasing your first pair of running shoes!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Men’s Running Shoes on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Men’s Running Shoes
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Using incorrect footwear for running can lead to serious muscle or bone injuries.
- The weight, material, and shape of the running shoes are all characteristics that you need to keep in mind before making your purchase.
- It is important to note that everyone is different and has different needs when it comes to running. A good choice in running shoes will improve your performance and reduce the probability of suffering from an accident or serious injury.
Our Selection: The Best Men’s Running Shoes on the U.S. Market
Although there are a variety of choices when it comes to men’s running shoes, not all of these choices are suitable for what you may need when beginning this sport. Before choosing the shoes you want to purchase, it is extremely important to look at the materials, durability, and to go over the various options on the market. A good pair of running shoes should last more than a year of continuous use. The following is a ranking of the best men’s running shoes on the U.S. market that we made to make it easier for you to pick out your shoes!
- Best Lightweight Running Shoes
- Best Gel Running Shoes
- Best Trail Running Shoes
- Best Comfortable Running Shoes
- Best Stylish Running Shoes
Best Lightweight Running Shoes
These shoes are the number one bestseller for running shoes on Amazon. They are lightweight running shoes, very light and breathable. These shoes are very comfortable and will not weigh your feet down when you are running. They are also very stylish. These shoes are stretchable and will stay tight on your feet.
Best Gel Running Shoes
The second item on our list is another number one bestseller on Amazon. If you are a fan of color, this is the shoe for you! This running shoe comes in a variety of colors that you can choose from! The rearfoot GEL cushioning on the shoe absorbs shock and will be easier on your foot. The sole of the shoe provides great traction.
Best Trail Running Shoes
The third item on our list is an “Amazon Choice.” If you are more of an adventurous type or a nature lover, these shoes are for you. These running shoes are made for trail running. They have special grips on the bottom of the shoe that will help you run on trails. These shoes also have an adjustable top making them very breathable.
Best Comfortable Running Shoes
If you are looking for comfort, go for this model, another number one seller on Amazon! These running shoes are built for comfort! The heel crash pad softens your step and absorbs shock. There are 7 different color and style options. For those who like to have a large choice, you can’t go wrong with these shoes.
Best Stylish Running Shoes
For the last pair of running shoes on the list, we have picked another “Amazon’s Choice” item for you to check out. These shoes are very stylish and come in various styles and colors, 17 to be exact. If you want to get some exercise done and look good, these are the shoes for you!
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Men’s Running Shoes
What type of running shoes you need depends on what kind of runner you are. When considering what shoes to buy, you will need to take into account your health, physical goals, and style. These factors will vary with every runner. Choosing the perfect running shoes among a huge variety of options can be frustrating and confusing. The following is a list of frequently asked questions from buyers like you.
Is it important to know my physical condition before buying men’s running shoes?
This factor is important. Before buying your running shoes, you need to know certain factors of your physical condition like weight, height, and stride type. Particular shoes are meant for heavier people. These shoes take into account your weight and are usually more expensive. However, they will reduce your risk of getting hurt while running.
You can also use this type of running shoe if you have an average weight. However, you should consider that these types of shoes have less cushioning and will usually require more effort and energy. There is currently a diverse variety of shoe brands that include this type of weight range in the product’s datasheet.
Heavier runners can also use normal running shoes. However, if this is your case, we recommend that you switch between normal running shoes and running shoes that are meant for heavier runners. This information is not as important for runners who are at an average weight or underweight.
What type of men’s running shoes should I use?
This is one of the most important questions to ask. There is a variety of running shoes that are made for different terrains and situations. Wearing shoes for a particular running environment will improve your running experience. This will also reduce your risk of getting injured while running. The following is a list of different types of running shoes:
- Asphalt: These shoes are the most common for runners. They are usually very light and flexible. This type of running shoe has a lot of cushioning. The upper part is adjustable and allows your foot to breathe while still providing support. Asphalt running shoes usually have a pretty high life span as they are made to be resistant.
- Trail: This type of running shoe is used to go running on trails that do not have asphalt. They are usually much more resistant and heavier than asphalt running shoes. These shoes have outstanding support and are made of materials to resist natural conditions that might wear out other shoes. The sole of trail running shoes is usually thicker than other types.
- Fly: Running shoes that are called “fly” are usually meant for runners that want to improve their speed. These shoes are usually much lighter than asphalt running shoes, and they are made to provide a catapult effect, which gives the runner a light push at every step.
- Mixed: This type of shoe can be used when working out and also in competitions. These shoes are usually meant for heavier runners or runners that run slower than others. This is the most common type of running shoe on the market.
How important is it to know my stride type before buying men’s running shoes?
It is extremely important to know your stride type! The type of stride that you have is a factor that you need to consider before purchasing your running shoes! If you are using trail or track shoes, this factor is not as important. However, if you are using asphalt shoes or participating in a competition it is very important to know your stride type to avoid injuries.
To figure out what type of stride you have, you can just look at your shoes and what part is the most worn out. If this method is not enough, you can wet the bottom of your shoe and step on a piece of paper. You then need to see what kind of print is left behind on the paper. Next, we will show you what types of stride exist:
- Pronation: This type of stride is the most commonly found in runners. Pronation is when you step and put your weight on the inside of the foot. It is easy to notice pronation by looking at your shoe. If this is your case, your shoes will be more worn out on the inner sides. In this case, if you do not use correct footwear, you can sprain your knee or ankle.
- Supination: Supination is the opposite of pronation. Supination is when a runner puts their weight on the outer sides of their foot, causing their shoes to wear out on the outer sides and the heel. In this case, if you do not use the correct shoes it can cause sprains, stress fractures, and inner or outer knee pain.
- Neutral: A neutral runner has a flat stride and does not put weight on the inside or outside of the foot. This type of runner runs with their feet parallel to each other. This is the ideal type of stride as most shoes are made for neutral runners.
How long can I use my men’s running shoes?
Running shoes, just like any other object that you use daily, will begin to wear out with use. How long your running shoes will last depends on how you take care of them and how much you use them. The quality of the materials used to make the running shoes will also determine how long you can use them.
You can usually use a pair of running shoes between 600 and 800 kilometers. You also have to take into account other factors like the temperature, the terrain, and any damage done to the shoes. When your running shoes begin to lose its ergonomics and are no longer useful, you will need to replace them.
As we mentioned before, when searching for your perfect pair of men’s running shoes, it is important to understand the basic characteristics of your physical condition and the type of stride you have. It is also important to consider more specific characteristics, like support, cushioning, lightness, and flexibility. The following are the descriptions of each of these characteristics:
- Lightness and Flexibility
- Gender and Size
The upper part of your running shoe should be light and breathable, but also easy to adjust. This will provide you with proper support and will avoid sprained ankles or even broken bones. We recommend that you look for running shoes with heat-sealed materials or synthetic skin. This type of material will support the middle part of the foot.
If your shoes do not have the correct cushioning, your risk of suffering injuries while running greatly increases. The cushioning is meant to support all of your weight. So, if your running shoes do not have good cushioning, your body weight will be supported by your feet, ankles, and knees. This can lead to injuries in these areas and even spinal injuries.
Lightness and Flexibility
Your running shoes need to be light and flexible, especially if you are using them for a competition or a race. The most important brands use lightweight materials. You can usually find the weight of the product in the product description. To make sure your running shoes are flexible, touch the toes to the heel and make sure that they can bend.
Sweat from your feet and legs will end up in the shoes and can cause the shoes to wear out. This can lead to injury. To avoid your feet getting too hot, which can lead to chafing, you need to look for breathable shoes. You can usually see if a shoe is breathable or not in the product description.
View this post on Instagram
The only thing better than sunset is sunset combined with running 😍 or maybe just running too 🤘😅 With @chicogaia *** Sem palavras para descrever o que foi treinar com esse nascer do sol hoje 🌅 😍 . É engraçado como desaparece rápido a memória da dor de #treinar por meses e #correr uma #maratona relativamente veloz 🏃🏻♂️ Na #manhã seguinte à minha última eu já estava matutando qual seria a próxima 🤔 Cinco dias depois já estava inscrito nela 😬😂 . Aguardo ansioso o fim deste período de transição, apenas com treinos leves, para começar o próximo ciclo de maratona 🙌🏻🙏🏻 . Hoje: • Aquec.: 3Km • 15Km Leve . . . . . #runintosunrise #sunriseonthebeach #runonthebeach #bertioga #correndoembertioga #treinodecorrida #runningram #instarun #rwbrasil #brasilrunners #goprobr #goprooftheday #goproepic #gopro
Gender and Size
Although there are unisex running shoes on the market, most running shoes differ depending on if they are for men or women. The style and color are not the only things that are different in women running shoes. There are also different sizes and shapes. To find the running shoe that fits your foot best, you should try them on in the afternoon, when the foot is usually larger than in the morning. You can also put the sole of your foot on the sole of the shoe to make sure that the shoes will be a good fit.
Running shoes don’t just help us run faster and longer. They also protect our feet and body. Before choosing which running shoes you want to buy, you should consider the information provided above. You must be careful with your search as some brands advertise their running shoes for their looks, not their functions.
We have given you all of the necessary information to choose the perfect running shoes for you! We hope your running shoes meet all your needs and expectations. If you found this article useful, leave a comment and share it! Thank you!
(Source of featured image: Jozef Polc: 38163411/ 123rf.com)