How we pick our products
If you have never used a heat gun before, you may imagine it as a futuristic tool. However, a heat gun is similar to a hair drier. The difference between these two items is that a heat gun has much, much more power. Believe it or not, this tool comes to use in many different circumstances.
Heat guns can be used to complete a variety of tasks. You should kiss manual tools goodbye when removing old paint or any type of adhesives. A heat gun will make your life, in these situations, much easier. Interested? Keep reading! In the following shopping guide, we will go over what these tools are, how they work, and why you should (or should not) get one of your own.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Heat Guns on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Heat Guns
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- When you paint a wall in your home, you often forget that it will be extremely difficult to remove it in the future. However, a heat gun will make this job much less complicated. You will not regret getting one of these tools, as there are many different ways to use them. We will go over what you can use a heat gun for later on in the article.
- There are three main different types of heat guns on the market: electric, gas, and industrial heat guns. You should choose the best type for your workshop depending on what you need this tool for. It is important to understand the differences between each type. Keep in mind that electric heat guns are the most popular.
- In order to make the best purchase possible, you will need to understand some important factors. We will go over these factors at the end of the article in the section titled “Shopping Criteria.” Stay tuned.
Our Selection: The Best Heat Guns on the U.S. Market
When shopping online, it is always easier to pick from a list. This way, you can compare different prices, ratings, and reviews. This is why we have laid out our favorite heat guns currently available on the U.S. market:
- Best Selling Heat Gun
- Amazon’s Choice
- Best Heat Gun on a Budget
- Simplest Heat Gun
- Most Professional Heat Gun
Best Selling Heat Gun
Do you like to buy the best of the best? Are good ratings and positive reviews important for you? Then the first item on our list is the heat gun for you. This product is the number one bestseller of its kind on Amazon. You are sure to be satisfied. This heat gun has tons of positive ratings and reviews. The ergonomic design makes it easy and comfortable to work with.
The second item on our list won its place as Amazon’s choice; it is extremely popular amongst users. You can’t go wrong with this heat gun. This tool also comes with hands-free operation, which is a stand that allows you to work without even holding the gun. The model is extremely useful and versatile.
Best Heat Gun on a Budget
When making lists of our favorite items on the U.S. market, we always like to include all price ranges. If you are on a budget but still want a high-quality, reliable tool, this may be the option for you. For just under 17 dollars you get an amazing heat gun that will last you for years and years to come. It is also from the famous tool company “Genesis.” This heat gun will not let you down and, at the same time, will be easy on your wallet.
Simplest Heat Gun
Are you a minimalist? Do you enjoy items that are easy to use and get the job done? Well, this may be the heat gun for you. This particular model is straight and to the point. It does not come too many extra parts, so you won’t get confused. This design is also very lightweight and compact, making it easy to transport with you wherever you go. What else could you possibly ask for?
Most Professional Heat Gun
Are you looking for a heat gun for your job or for your professional workshop? Well, the last item on our list, in our opinion, is the best professional heat gun out there. This tool is made for pros; you will not be disappointed. This model comes with an LCD display that will help you make adjustments and get the job done. It also comes with two temperature controls and 5 airflow settings. Sure, this model is a bit more expensive than the other models on our list, but think of it this way; in this case, you are paying for quality.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Heat Guns
Even though a heat gun is not too complicated and it quite easy to understand and use, it is not a very popular tool. After reading about our favorite heat guns on the U.S. market, it is completely normal if you have several doubts. To clear these doubts, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions from users like you. Keep reading, and you will be an expert in no time.
What are heat guns exactly?
This is how we would describe a heat gun to someone that has never seen one before; it has two main parts: a heating part and a fan. When you turn your heat gun on, the fan will begin to spin. The air carries the heat out of the tool and onto the object that you want to heat up.
What are heat guns used for?
- Repair tubes or metal: You can use a heat gun to mold or weld metal.
- Soften: Sometimes it is hard to remove a certain substance. For example, when candle wax hardens, it is hard to get it all off of the surface that it hardened onto. Well, this is the perfect moment to use your heat gun.
- Bend copper or PVC pipes: With the correct temperature, you can even bend pipes that would usually take a long time and lots of energy to bend.
- Remove stickers: You can remove stickers from certain surfaces, for example from your car or refrigerator, with a heat gun.
- Remove paint: Of course, you can always use manual tools to scrape the paint off of a surface, but this could take days. A heat gun will make this a much quicker process. You can also remove old pieces of wallpaper.
What types of heat guns are there?
- Electric Heat Gun: This type of heat gun is the most popular on the market. They are usually powered through a cable, but there are also some wireless options available. This type can produce powerful heat at a fast rate. You can use an electric heat gun at home or in your professional workshop.
- Gas Heat Gun: Gas heat guns are much more portable than the other two types. They usually use a butane-filled battery or an electric-ignition cartridge as their power source. You can use a gas heat gun wherever you go. This type is an excellent option if you don’t have access to electricity where you are working.
- Industrial Heat Gun: This is the largest and most powerful type of heat gun. Industrial heat guns are also much more expensive than the other two options. These tools are made for more professional and more difficult tasks. They often come with additional functions.
What are the differences between the three types of heat guns?
|Power Source||Cable or battery||Gas||Electricity or gas|
|Heating System||Heating element and fan||Propane or butane gas||Electricity|
|Use||Normal||Normal or industrial||Industrial|
|Best for||Normal tasks at home||Normal tasks at home or professional tasks||Professional tasks like working on cars, construction, packaging, etc.|
|Heating Level||Moderate||High||Extremely High|
|Range of Temperature||200 °F to 1,100 °F||Up to 1800 °F||More than 1800 °F|
|Price||Reasonable to high||Low to reasonable||Very high|
What are the pros and cons of using a heat gun?
Heat guns are not the most popular tool on the U.S. market. It is likely that you did not know much about this tool before reading this article. At the end of the day, all of this information boils down to one question: Why do you need a heat gun? Now that you have reached this section, you are probably considering buying one of your own. This is excellent news. However, there are still a few factors that we want you to consider before making your final choice:
If you want to be able to change the temperature that you are working with, you need to purchase a heat gun that comes with this function. Each model varies in how much you can actually change the temperature, but, no matter what you are using this tool for, this function is vital. Some heat guns will have various options of temperatures for you to choose from, while others only will have a few.
You should note that if you buy a heat gun with adjustable temperature, this often means that it is going to cost you a little bit more money. However, this is almost always worth it. Think about how you are going to be using your heat gun. Most tasks will require you to adjust the heat, as some tasks require more heat while others require less.
Most heat guns do not come with a built-in LCD screen. This is definitely a fancier function that you will only find with more professional, expensive tools. If you prefer a tool with an LCD screen, be prepared to spend more money. Although this factor is not super important, it is useful.
An LCD screen does not just look good, it also makes the tool much easier to use. You will be able to adjust the heat, for example, with more precision. Keep in mind that not everyone needs this level of precision, and you should only consider purchasing a heat gun with an LCD screen if you really need a super high-quality tool for your workshop.
Most heat guns come with a safety mode. This function will help protect you from any potential accidents. These tools should also come with fast cooling and overheating protection. These functions will turn the tool off if it overheats to avoid ruining your heat gun.
If you have to work on a difficult project, you will probably have to hold this tool in your hands for long periods. This can cause your hands to cramp up and hurt. To avoid this from happening, you need to buy a heat gun made out of ergonomic materials. The handle should adapt to the shape of your hand and be easy to hold.
The final factor that we will be talking about today is the weight of the tool. You need to look for a light-weight heat gun that will allow you to transport it wherever you go along with your toolbox. The lighter your tools are, the better.
Technology has come a long way, and heat guns are not an exception. These tools have become more and more versatile over the years. Now, you can use a heat gun to help you with many different projects including drying wood, removing tape or paint, and much more. This tool is a must-have for any workshop.
There is a lot of mixed information out there when it comes to tools. We hope that this article has cleared any doubts that you might have had about heat guns. We are now confident that you are reading to pick out the best one for you. Now, it’s up to you. So, what are you waiting for?
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about Heat guns. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of Featured Image: Rattanasaroj: 56485582/ 123rf.com)