How we pick our products
Having a tidy home is a priority for the majority of us. It gives us greater peace of mind and avoids us wasting time looking for things that we cannot find. One of the places that are hardest to keep in order is undeniably our wardrobes. You’ll absolutely need hangers if you want to have tidy closets.
These accessories allow you to keep most of your clothes organized, while also helping them last longer and wrinkle less. You might just want to head down to the store and buy a few hangers when you need them. However, we’ve prepared the following guide so that you can get your hands on the best models.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Hangers on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Hangers
- 3.1 What are hangers exactly?
- 3.2 How do hangers contribute to order?
- 3.3 Can I hang all my clothes on hangers?
- 3.4 What materials are used to make hangers?
- 3.5 What types of hangers are there?
- 3.6 How can I make my hangers last longer?
- 3.7 Can I use the hangers given in stores?
- 3.8 What are the advantages and disadvantages of hangers?
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- You can find various types of hangers on the market. This is why you should analyze their specific characteristics to purchase those that best suit your needs. It is also important to consider the space you have in your wardrobe or dresser.
- Hangers most often come in pairs or packs, which is a great way to save money while giving a uniform look to your wardrobe. This will, in turn, contribute to keeping your home tidy.
- Don’t forget to evaluate the material from which the hangers are made. This is the primary factor influencing the cost of these accessories, but it will also determine their use and durability.
Our Selection: The Best Hangers on the U.S. Market
If you want to learn about the most interesting features of hangers, your best bet is to discover what the best models offer. In the following section, we’ve come up with a selection of user favorites to help you find out which characteristics are key when picking your own hangers. They’ve received great ratings and reviews from past buyers, and offer good value for money.
- Best Hangers for Everyday Clothes
- Best Suit Hangers
- Best Hangers for Children’s Clothes
- Best Shirt Hangers
Best Hangers for Everyday Clothes
This lot of 60 hangers is ideal if you’re starting a new wardrobe and want to have enough for new clothes you might buy. Made from sturdy plastic, these hangers can hold a variety of different garments — from shirts to pants or dresses. Their versatility is certainly responsible for the fact that they’re an Amazon Best Seller, and they’re also flexible and very affordable. With a white no-frills design, they’ll fit right into any closet.
Best Suit Hangers
These Amazon’s Choice hangers were created specifically to take care of all your suits, and this is exactly what they do. The velvet lining helps keep them intact, with a sturdy build that can reportedly hold up to 10 pounds. The shape of these hangers is ideal to prevent jackets from slipping, while you can easily place your pants on the bar. Available in packs of 30, 50 or 100, these velvet models are what your suits need.
Best Hangers for Children’s Clothes
Kids need hangers, too! This is why AmazonBasics has created these models, and they’ve also become a Best Seller. We know just how delicate children’s clothes can be, which is why using non-slip velvet hangers is a great idea. They’re also ultra-thin and will help you save closet space so you can fit everything in. You can choose from six color sets so that your kids’ hangers fit their closet. Sold in packs of 30 or 50.
Best Shirt Hangers
We know just how important it is to have specific hangers for shirts, so we’ve included these AmazonBasics models in our ranking. They’ve received quality ratings from past users, and you’ll be happy to hear that they still offer some versatility. Why, you ask? Because they feature a small dent that makes them ideal for hanging up dresses too. With 100 hangers per pack, you shouldn’t be running out anytime soon.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Hangers
In our selection of products above, you should have noticed that there are various types of hangers on the market. Keep in mind all those key features when you’re making your purchase. That being said, there are still aspects regarding hangers that you should be familiar with in order to make the best decision. We’ll discuss them in the following section.
What are hangers exactly?
How do hangers contribute to order?
Can I hang all my clothes on hangers?
What materials are used to make hangers?
- Metal: They’re made from a single wire that is twisted, with a piece left at the top of the triangle to form a hook. These hangers take up little space but are quite resistant. They’re treated to prevent oxidation of the material.
- Wood: This is quite simply wood shaped like a triangle and polished to prevent it from snagging clothes. Th also features a metal hook on top. These hangers come with three pieces to imitate the shoulders.
- Plastic: Plastic hangers are very versatile and can be found in different colors. These lightweight models are manufactured using low-flexibility polymers. They’re somewhat thicker than metal hangers but thinner than wood ones.
- Lined: These hangers are made from various materials but are lined to prevent certain garments from getting damaged or snagged. Satin, silk or sateen are often used for the lining. They’re very practical for delicate clothing.
- PVC: PVC hangers are a good option because of their affordability. This is why they’re commonly used in stores and sometimes come with the garment you’ve bought. The main perk of this material is that it prevents clothes from slipping.
- Peachskin: Similar to lined hangers, these models are made with high-quality resins and covered with peachskin. The softness of the material makes it an ideal option for more delicate garments or those that wrinkle quickly.
What types of hangers are there?
- Shirt hangers. They tend to be thin, as they don’t need to be particularly robust. The shape of the shoulders is also rounded, and you’ll notice that they look similar to a shirt or blouse.
- Blazer hangers. They’re wider than the previous model since they have to support more weight. Otherwise, your blazer could deform.
- Suit hangers. They must offer an upper part shaped like shoulders with some sturdiness to hold the jacket. They’ll also include a lined bar on which you can hang your pants.
- Jacket hangers. They’re also thick enough to hold jackets and have a rounded shape.
- Skirt hangers. There are two types of skirt hangers. One consists of a normal hanger to which two clips are added to hold the skirt. The other type is a large clip-bar with which the garment is attached.
- Pant hangers. These models sometimes have a closing clip to prevent your pants from falling off.
- Hangers with straps. Certain dresses have shoulder straps, and some clothes feature strips used to hang them. This why these hangers tend to have a slot to hold the straps.
- Belt hangers. Smaller than other models, they usually have hooks to hang the belts.
- Tie hangers. Similar to belt hangers, they have slots to attach ties.
How can I make my hangers last longer?
Can I use the hangers given in stores?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of hangers?
We’re now nearing the end of our shopping guide, and you’ve already discovered many aspects of hangers that will come in handy when you’re purchasing some for your home. However, there are still certain characteristics that you should take into account before making your final decision. The criteria we’ve discussed in the following section will help you make a successful purchase. So pay attention!
Type of Clothes
The first thing you should evaluate is the type and quantity of clothes you have at home. You’ll most likely have to buy different types of hangers, but you can try to keep a common thread. In other words, do your best to have them all in the same color and shape. You can then arrange them by type in your closet, and your wardrobe will be nice and tidy!
You’ll definitely want to opt for thin hangers if the space in your wardrobe is very limited. That being said, don’t forget that you’ll still need more sturdy models to hang heavier clothing, such as jackets, coats or suits, for example. This means that you’ll need to purchase various types of hangers, for which you can consult our tips found in the previous section.
The materials you opt for won’t simply determine the type of clothes you can use them with, but also their useful life. Do keep in mind that some tend to take up more space than others. As we mentioned earlier, you should try to use the same material and color for all your hangers. You may also want to avoid low-durability models like the ones you receive from clothing stores.
As you might know, you can and rarely want to buy hangers one at a time. This is why you should look for packs with enough units to satisfy your needs — you’ll be saving money in the process, too. You can search for savings packs or offers with extra hangers. You’ll quickly notice that you can avoid spending a fair bit by simply following these quick tips.
In the same vein as the previous criterion, you should be particularly careful with the number of hangers you need to purchase. If you’re planning on reorganizing a whole wardrobe or more, you can get a fairly good estimate of how many you should buy. If you’re looking at a lot of hangers, then you should add at least 10 to your estimate to make sure you don’t run out.
This is a key advice to remember because it is very likely that you’ll slowly expand your wardrobe. When you run out of hangers, it might be difficult to find the exact same ones on the market. Old hangers in good condition are ideal to keep and around and use to hold your cleaning clothes, for example. If you end up throwing them away, make sure you do so properly so they can be recycled.
Hangers are essential accessories in every home. It will be virtually impossible for you to keep your wardrobes organized if you don’t have any. As you’ve seen throughout our article, there are many different options available on the American market. For this reason, you should try to choose the most appropriate hangers for your clothes and for the space you have at your disposal.
Don’t neglect the importance of manufacturing materials. If you want to save money, remember to look for savings packs or special offers. In terms of quantity, you should purchase enough hangers to have spare ones for when you buy new clothes. Again, you’ll want to prefer high-quality products; that way, they will have a longer useful life and won’t deform your clothes.
Did you find our shopping guide on hangers interesting? If that’s the case, feel free to share this article on your social media. You can also leave us a comment in the section below!
(Source of Featured Image: Dmitry Moiseenko: 43196638/ 123rf.com)