How we pick our products
Some people like to shave, others don’t. However, the reality is that there will always be those that wish to remove their body hair, and let’s be honest; shaving is not fun. It is one of the most tedious tasks out there. It takes time and can even be painful. There is no way around this unless you get waxed.
Waxing hurts more than shaving, but it is completely bearable, and you will have that freshly shaven look for much longer. If this sounds interesting to you, you are going to need hair removal wax and a wax warmer to be able to do this process at home. Not sure where to start? Well, you are in the right place. We have created this shopping guide and review to help you find the best wax out there. Are you ready?
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Hair Removal Wax on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Hair Removal Wax
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Hair removal wax is a product that will remove your body hair by ripping out the root. We know it sounds violent, but it does not hurt that bad. This process will leave you with soft, hairless skin that will last up to 6 weeks. You will need a wax warmer if your wax doesn’t already come with one.
- With hair removal wax, you avoid cutting yourself, skin irritation, and itchiness. All of which come with traditional shaving.
- Before picking out the hair removal wax for you, you need to know your skin type. Talk to a doctor if you suffer from acne, diabetes, or other circulatory problems. We will go over this and more factors that you should consider at the end of the article in the section titled “Shopping Criteria.”
Our Selection: The Best Hair Removal Wax on the U.S. Market
Both men and women shave their legs, arms, and other parts of the body. As we mentioned before, this process can be extremely tedious, painful, and leave you with irritated skin. Well, kiss those problems goodbye with hair removal wax. This item will remove your hair and leave you with smooth skin for weeks. It is normal if you do not know where to start. In the following section, we have made a list of our favorite containers of hair removal wax currently available on the U.S. market. If one item interests you in particular, click on it, and you will be directed to Amazon where you can compare prices, ratings, reviews, and more.
Best Hair Removal Wax Kit
The first item on our list is a hair removal wax kit. It comes with everything you need to wax your body: wax, wax warmer, large wooden spatulas, small wooden spatulas, pre-wax treatment spray, and after-wax treatment oil. This is an excellent option because, once you buy this kit, you will be set to begin waxing. Some wax does not come with the warmer; this is an advantage.
Best Hair Removal Wax Kit for Those on a Budget
No matter what your budget is, you should be able to have the option to wax your body in the comfort of your home. That is why we included an item on our list for those on a budget. For just under 22 dollars, you get an amazing, high-quality wax kit that includes hair removal wax and a wax warmer. This product is also extremely popular on the U.S. market. See for yourself; it has tons of positive reviews and ratings on Amazon.
Best Wax Warmer
If you already have your hair removal wax at home and just need a wax warmer, this is an excellent option. Keep in mind that this warmer does not come with the wax included. All you have to do is put your wax in the container and wait for it to heat up to the perfect temperature. You can look at more wax warmer options here.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Hair Removal Wax
How much do you already know about hair removal wax and the process itself? There is a lot of mixed information on the web that can be quite confusing. There are many things to consider when purchasing this wax, and it is normal if you have any doubts. In the following section, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions from users like you.
What is hair removal wax?
What are the advantages and benefits that come with using hair removal wax?
- You will exfoliate your skin: Waxing does not just remove body hair. It also takes off a thin layer of the outer skin. This will leave your skin feeling soft and young.
- You will be less likely to have inflamed skin: This skin where you have removed your body hair will experience less friction. This means that there is less possibility of your skin becoming inflamed.
- You won’t itch: When you shave and your hair grows back, it is quite common that these areas will begin to itch more than normal. However, when you wax your body hair, it takes much longer to grow back. Your skin will feel smooth and silky, and you will experience much less itchiness.
- You won’t cut your skin: When you begin to wax your body hair, you will no longer have to worry about cutting your skin by using a razor.
- You will be less likely to suffer from ingrown hairs: To avoid ingrown hairs, it is important to wax correctly. When you remove the wax, you need to pull it off quickly and keep your skin tense during the process.
- Your hair will grow back slowly and with less hair: Once you wax, your skin will have the freshly shaven look for up to weeks. Also, your body hair will take longer to grow back. Once it does grow back, it may be thinner than before, making it easier to wax each time.
What different types of hair removal wax are there?
|Chocolate|| Heat the wax up.
Take a small amount and apply it in the direction that your hair grows.
Pull the wax off in the opposite direction.
Clean the leftover wax with a damp cloth.
| Reduces redness.
Hydrates the skin.
Not as painful.
Hair takes more time growing back.
|It is easy to make mistakes using this type of wax.|
|Cold|| Leave the strips with wax on the skin for 5 minutes.
Pull the wax off in the direction of the growth of your hair.
Great for pubic hair.
You can do it at home.
May not remove the hair completely.
|Hot|| The melted wax is put onto the skin.
Once the wax hardens, rip it off in the opposite direction of the growth of your hair.
| Your hair may not grow back completely.
You do not have to repeat the process very many times.
You cannot use this method on your lips or eyebrows.
It may leave a mess.
|Soft|| Put a strip with a thin layer of wax over the desired area.
Remove the wax quickly.
| No side effects.
Easy to do at home.
|It can be sticky and leave a mess.|
|Hard|| Put a thick layer of wax on the desired area.
Let it harden.
Take the wax off with your fingers.
Clean the waxed area with oil.
Sticks to the hair only, not the skin.
Protects hair follicles.
| You cannot use this type on small areas.
It may cause allergies.
What are the side effects of using hair removal wax?
- Redness or irritation. You may notice that, after waxing, your skin becomes red or pink and a bit sensitive in the waxed area. This redness should go away the following day.
- Allergic reactions. You should always read the ingredients that make up the hair removal wax you want before making your purchase. This product often has many components. So, it may cause an allergic reaction. To make sure you will not react negatively, put a little bit of the product on a small part of your skin. If there is no effect after 24 hours, it should be safe for you to use.
- Scars. The last side effect on our list is uncommon but possible. The risk of forming scars is higher when you wax over a cut, are exposed to sun right after waxing, or if you get an infection.
What are some waxing tips?
- Avoid waxing areas that have cuts.
- Do not apply facial wax over warts or moles.
- We recommend that you don’t use wax if you have diabetes or circulatory problems.
- Make sure that your hair grows at least 1 or 2 centimeters before waxing. This way the wax will be able to grab onto the hair.
- Exfoliate your body before waxing. This will help you remove all unwanted hairs.
- Avoid direct sunlight, hot showers, and fragranced cosmetic products for around 24 hours after waxing. This will help avoid redness and irritation.
- Do not use creams with retinoids before waxing.
You probably now know a lot more about hair removal wax than you did before, and, if you are still reading this article, you are probably thinking about purchasing your own. This is amazing news! However, there are still some criteria that you need to consider before making your final purchase:
Remember; not all hair removal wax is made the same way. However, we recommend that you buy one that is made out of natural ingredients of high-quality. If you can find a wax that includes calming and anti-inflammatory ingredients, this is even better. Be careful with hair removal wax that is made out of synthetic ingredients. These are much harder and can harm your hair or skin. Natural wax is much more flexible.
If you have sensitive skin, we do not recommend using extremely hot wax. If you find yourself in this situation, we have already gone over a few other options that you can consider where the wax is either warm or cold. If you do not know what skin type you have, you should talk to your local dermatologist, especially if you suffer from acne.
Not everyone has the same heat tolerance. Due to this fact, you should always read the instructions of the product that you end up purchasing. Wax comes in different temperatures: cold, warm, and hot. In general, hotter waxes will hurt more. However, if your skin is not sensitive to high temperatures, then you have a wider range of waxes to choose from.
Now that you know every detail that you need to know about waxing, it is up to you to choose which one you are going to choose. There are many aspects to consider and you should pay attention to the many different models on the U.S. market. The choice can be tricky. However, we are confident that we have provided you with the correct amount of information for you to make the best purchase possible.
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about hair removal wax. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of Featured Image: Natallia Khlapushyna: 16688830/ 123rf.com)