How we pick our products
Foam rollers are a popular way to stretch. They come with a lot of benefits for your muscles. As the name suggests, you roll the foam roller on the part of your body that is sore, to make it feel better. This is a very cheap way to treat muscle pains and to stretch out your muscles, but you should know how to use this item correctly first to avoid even bigger problems.
In this article, we will delve deeper into how to use this simple but important tool that will improve your health and strengthen your muscles. You can use a foam roller for therapeutic reasons or even for exercise. This product is inexpensive, easy to use, and portable; what else could you ask for? Put on your running shoes and let’s go!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Foam Rollers on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Foam Rollers
- 3.1 What is a foam roller exactly?
- 3.2 What benefits come with using a foam roller?
- 3.3 How do I use a foam roller?
- 3.4 How long should I use my foam roller at a time?
- 3.5 What foam roller should I use?
- 3.6 What does the color of a foam roller mean?
- 3.7 What are the most popular brands of foam rollers?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- A foam roller is the most popular product for healing and strengthening muscles.
- A good-quality foam roller should be firm, easy to use, and portable.
- In the section titled “Shopping Criteria,” we will see the difference between a dense and soft foam roller. The one you decide to get will depend on your needs and the final results that you want to obtain.
Our Selection: The Best Foam Rollers on the U.S. Market
Due to its popularity, this item is in high demand, and there is a lot of competition between different manufacturers. This is good news for you because, currently, there are a lot of options of good quality but inexpensive foam rollers on the U.S. market. To help you with your purchase, we are going to provide you with the best foam rollers on the U.S. market.
- Best Reehut Foam Roller
- Best Soft-Density Foam Roller
- Best Rigid Foam Roller
- Best Inexpensive Foam Roller
Best Reehut Foam Roller
The first item on our list is an Amazon’s choice and also made from one of the most popular brands on the market, Reehut. We mention this brand later on in the article. This foam roller is very dense and comes in four different sizes to choose from based on what you need the roller for.
Best Soft-Density Foam Roller
The second product on our list is also an Amazon’s choice. It is very popular among users and has great ratings; you are sure to be satisfied. As this is a soft-density foam roller, it is perfect for beginners or intermediate users. This is the perfect foam roller to start with.
Best Rigid Foam Roller
If you are looking for a deeper massage, the third item on our list is the foam roller for you. This product has a rigid texture which will put more pressure on your muscles. We will talk more about this type of texture later on in the article.
Best Inexpensive Foam Roller
The last item on our list is the number one seller of its kind on Amazon. It is also very inexpensive. This product comes in 7 unique colors for you to choose from and is very light-weight making it easy to transport.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Foam Rollers
Before buying a foam roller, you should learn as much as you can about this product to make the best purchase but also to be able to use it correctly. In the following section, we will answer the most commonly asked questions from buyers like you.
What is a foam roller exactly?
What benefits come with using a foam roller?
- Relieves muscles: It takes away the tension in parts of your muscles that may have knots.
- Reduces fatigue: This product can reduce fatigue after a hard workout or other activities.
- Helps you relax: It can help you relieve stress and relax your mind and body.
- Strengthens your muscles: This item can help build up your muscles and also helps your flexibility.
- Promotes circulation: A foam roller can improve your blood pressure and blood circulation, which will then help you blood take more nutrients to your muscles, skin, tendons, and ligaments.
- Prevents: This item can prevent muscle injuries. When stimulating the skin, it can produce new collagen, fighting against cellulite.
How do I use a foam roller?
You need to do warm-up exercises before using a foam roller. Professional athletes normally use this item after working out. If you have muscle trauma, it is best to massage around it and not to put pressure directly on the trauma.
How long should I use my foam roller at a time?
You should use this item with slow movements and pay attention to where you have knots in your muscles. If it hurts too much in a certain area, don’t overwork it. Come back in the next session. If your muscles keep hurting or get worse, you should stop putting pressure on that area as you can cause worse problems.
What foam roller should I use?
- Beginner: Users that have just started may be less flexible and may feel a bit more pain when using this item. If you find yourself in this situation, you should buy a soft foam roller for beginners. Although this type is less sturdy and is not as effective as others, it is very important to get used to this item slowly before buying other, higher-quality rollers.
- Intermediate: When you start to get the hang of using your roller, you can move up to another that is firmer but that is still not too dense.
- Advanced: Once you have much more experience and you are a pro at using a foam roller, you can buy a more advanced one. These rollers are ridged and will help you give yourself an even deeper massage.
What does the color of a foam roller mean?
What are the most popular brands of foam rollers?
- Reehut: This American brand is popular because of the quality of its products and the satisfaction of its customers.
- Fitbeast: This China-based brand boast that their item will help users grow in this sport and become better. This brand is also eco-friendly.
- Maximo Fitness: This is a newer sports brand based in Europe and the United States.
When you finally decide to buy a foam roller, you should pay attention to how hard it is and its texture. These factors will decide how much pressure will be put on your muscles. The size is another criterium that you should consider. You should make sure that the item you are buying is not too big nor too small for the part of your body that you want to use it on.
Foam rollers are made out of plastic and foam. The foam can vary in how dense it is, which will determine its durability and weight. Manufacturers normally use PVC (polyvinylchloride) and EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate). These materials make very reliable and sturdy rollers. It is up to you to choose one that best suits your needs.
The durability of your foam roller is not determined by whether it is soft or dense. It all depends on the materials that it is made out of and how you take care of it. If you buy a high-quality roller and you make sure to use it correctly, it should last you a long time.
A foam roller can be between 1 to 3 feet long. Any size can be used all over the body, but we recommend that you buy one based on which part you are targeting. Longer sizes are great for your back, while a 2 feet long roller would be more appropriate for arms and legs. If you want to use this item for your entire body, a 1 to 1.5 feet long foam roller should work for all over the body. The diameter is usually around 5 to 6 inches.
You should choose how dense you want your foam roller to be depending on your level of experience and the goals you set for yourself. A softer roller is less effective but also easier on your body. If you have any questions, it is a good idea to seek the guidance of a professional.
A smooth foam roller is perfect for beginners as it gives shallower massages that are easy on the body. If you want a deeper massage, you might want to think about purchasing a rigid foam roller that has a harder texture. One texture is not better than the other. It all depends on your preferences. Make sure you are always comfortable when using this item.
View this post on Instagram
?? #FoamRoller Abs • for anyone who feels greater tension in their #hipflexors than their abs in this type of exercise ☝? laterally turning out the leg is a great option. It releases the hip flexors, which allows you to focus on that DEEP abdominal contraction. It also makes you feel like a ballet dancer … very briefly ?#thickgirlpilates
The foam roller has become one of the most popular items for athletes that have found relief in them after a long workout. These items are popular for non-athletes as well, as they prevent injuries and calm your muscles. You can also use a foam roller to improve your health. It is a great way to fight against knots, muscle spasms, and cellulite.
We hope that you have enjoyed this article about foam rollers. If you liked it, don’t forget to leave us a comment in the section below; we want to hear from you. Share this article with your friends so that they can know more about this amazing item. Thank you so much!
(Featured Image Source: Olegs Lisovskis: 73870820/ 123rf.com)