How we pick our products
With the arrival of summer and spending more time at the beach or the pool, we notice that we need to be washing our hair much more. However, specialists warn us of the damage that both the hair and scalp can suffer with frequent washing. The solution? Dry shampoo.
This type of shampoo guarantees perfect hair without the need to be constantly washing it. Thanks to this miraculous product, you can manage to keep your hair clean for longer and prevent it from damage. This is, without a doubt, the reason why dry shampoo is the best ally of thousands of women.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection of the Best Dry Shampoos on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Dry Shampoo
- 3.1 What is dry shampoo and what advantages does it have?
- 3.2 What types of dry shampoos are there?
- 3.3 How do you apply dry shampoo?
- 3.4 Can dry shampoo be used as a substitute for traditional shampoo?
- 3.5 How often can I use dry shampoo?
- 3.6 What are the most common mistakes with dry shampoo?
- 3.7 Should you rinse dry shampoo?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- We all like our hair to look freshly washed. However, during times like summer, between the pool and the beach, it is difficult to maintain clean and fresh hair. This is why we love dry shampoo, because it offers us the possibility of having radiant hair in just an instant!
- Other factors may add oil or give our hair a dirty appearance. Again, this type of shampoo will be the ideal solution. It is important that we take into account the recommendations for use in order to get the most out of this product.
- When choosing our ideal dry shampoo, it is essential that we consider factors such as type, ingredients, specific characteristics or size. This way, you make sure you make the right decision.
Our Selection of the Best Dry Shampoos on the U.S. Market
With more people using dry shampoo, the number of brands that manufacture it has increased and, therefore, the variety to choose from. In order to help you choose the best one and get the most out of it for your hair, we have selected the best dry shampoos on the market:
- Best Overall Dry Shampoo
- Best Unscented Dry Shampoo
- Best Organic Dry Shampoo
- Best Dry Shampoo for Blondes
Best Overall Dry Shampoo
When it comes to dry shampoo, Batiste is a well known and trusted brand. The3 waterless formula targets excess oil, dirt, and grease at the roots. All you need to do is spray in, massage, style, and go. Batiste dry shampoo instantly makes your hair feel clean, fresh, with added body and texture. They have several different scents, ranging from original to tropical, so you can enjoy a clean and classic fragrance with subtle hints of powder, lavender, and musk. This is also the best budget dry shampoo at only $6!
Best Unscented Dry Shampoo
If you are a frequent user of dry shampoo, then you may be looking for more than one bottle. This dry shampoo twin pack by Not Your Mother’s is a great option for those looking for the best value for money and a great product. If you aren’t a fan of fragrances, or have a sensitive scalp, then this is perfect for you. This dry shampoo is great for getting rid of oils and dirt, without leaving any residue or harsh chemical fragrances.
Best Organic Dry Shampoo
While most dry shampoos often use harsh chemicals and toxins that damage your hair, this dry shampoo by Beauty by Earth uses only natural, organic ingredients. This is especially great if you have sensitive skin and need something without chemicals to use in your hair. This dry shampoo is also USDA Organic Certified, non gmo, gluten free, sulfate and paraben free. It is also volumizing, so you can be sure that your hair will look full and fresh after using it!
Best Dry Shampoo for Blondes
Not all dry shampoos are the same, and you want to make sure that you are getting the right one for your hair type. If your hair is blonde or has lighter tones, this is a great option for you. When it comes to hair, Moroccanoil is a well known and loved brand. It is organ oil infused, but also helps to instantly absorb oil, odor and product buildup without leaving behind a dull residue. Created for blonde, platinum and silver hair, it also has subtle violet undertones that help balance brassiness.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Dry Shampoo
Despite the widespread use of dry shampoo, many women are still reluctant to use it. The main reason for this is that we think that the use of these types of products can damage our hair. But that is far from reality. Today we will answer the most frequently asked questions so that there is no doubt about dry shampoo and why you should be using it.
What is dry shampoo and what advantages does it have?
- Leaves hair feeling freshly washed in an instant.
- Helps hair feel fresh and eliminates oiliness.
- Absorbs excess oil accumulated on the scalp.
- It is the perfect option to maintain certain hairstyles or colors.
- Some are formatted to keep the color of dyed hair.
- It is gentle on hair and can be used frequently.
- It is a great option for those with colored hair, as you may not want to wash out the color with traditional shampoo as often. Dry shampoo will help the color last longer, as the color will fade over time.
Although dry shampoo does not replace traditional hair washing with soap and water, it is a very practical alternative that will get the job done quickly and effectively. Given its many advantages, you can see why this has become one of the most used cosmetic products today.
What types of dry shampoos are there?
- Dry powder shampoo: very similar to talcum powder. It is applied to the roots and absorbs excess oil from the scalp
- Cream dry shampoo: Its creamy texture allows you to apply it to the entire length of the hair, which guarantees a more natural and consistent result.
- Dry shampoo spray: The most used for its easy application. It is similar to hairspray, but the diffuser allows it to apply more evenly.
- Dry shampoo for colored hair: In addition to cleaning your hair, this type of shampoo also protects the color of dyed hair and helps it to look bright and fresh.
- Organic dry shampoo: Made from 100% natural ingredients that respect the environment and pamper your hair.
The choice of one or another type of shampoo will depend solely on our own tastes and situation. If what you are looking for is a practical and easy to use product, the spray shampoo will be the best option. However, shampoos for dyed hair increases the duration and intensity of the dye color.
How do you apply dry shampoo?
- Hair must be completely dry before using the shampoo.
- Brush your hair carefully. This way, the product will penetrate deeper into the scalp.
- Shake the dry shampoo and apply about 15 inches away.
- It is best to apply it in sections. First the sides, then the upper roots and finally the base of the neck.
- You can apply more to the oily areas of your scalp.
- Move your hair around with your fingers while applying the product, so you will get a uniform texture.
- Leave the product for two or three minutes.
- Brush your hair or use your fingers to remove any residue.
- You can also use a hair dryer for this last step, but always on a cold setting.
- You are done! Your hair should feel freshly washed.
It is important that you apply the shampoo only on the roots and scalp, never on the tips or on the rest of the hair. Following these simple steps we will leave you with fresh, shiny and more alive hair in a matter of minutes. How can it get any easier?
Can dry shampoo be used as a substitute for traditional shampoo?
With traditional washing, and the massaging and rinsing of the scalp, we promote correct circulation, eliminate bacteria and balance the natural pH of the skin. Therefore, although we use dry shampoo frequently, we should always do it between traditional washes, never as a substitute.
How often can I use dry shampoo?
What are the most common mistakes with dry shampoo?
- Not spraying with a distance of 15 inches and spraying it too close to the scalp.
- Applying too much product, which causes the opposite effect.
- Applying it in areas other than the roots.
- Not brushing or massaging the hair during application.
- Using a dry shampoo that is not suited to your hair.
- Not brushing or massaging your hair after using dry shampoo.
- Using it as a substitute for regular shampoo.
Should you rinse dry shampoo?
When choosing a cosmetic product, and especially one that you are going to apply to your hair, it is important that you take into account certain aspects to make sure you choose the one that suits you best. To make it easier for you, here are the main criteria for buying dry shampoo:
The first thing to decide when choosing your ideal dry shampoo is the type. Before we mentioned the different types of shampoo that you can find today. Sometimes it is better to try more than one until you find the one that best suits your needs.
When deciding on one or the other type, the most important thing is that you look at the indications of the specialists. These tips will help guide you to make the right decision. It is also essential to take into account the situations that you will be using the shampoo.
As with any product that we apply to our skin, or scalp in this case, the ingredients are essential. Although the vast majority of dry shampoos are formulated to respect the pH of the skin and not be dangerous or harmful, it is worth checking its ingredients anyway.
Ideally, choose a dry shampoo that has the most natural and beneficial ingredients for hair possible. The most used ingredients are argon oil and oats, as they are suitable for all types of scalps, even for the most sensitive. If your shampoo has them, you are on the right track.
With this aspect we want to focus on the extra benefits that some dry shampoos bring to the hair, both aesthetically and in their care. Among them we can find those designed for dyed hair, which will prolong the duration and intensity of color, or for fine hair, which will increase volume.
The best in these cases is to know your own hair type and choose accordingly. A very reliable trick is to ask your trusted hairdresser. They will know how to perfectly define your hair and so you will have very accurate guidelines when looking for dry shampoo so you can get the most out of it.
Last but not least, you should take into account the opinions and ratings of both other users and specialists. Spending time searching for the best dry shampoo will ensure that the results are better and that it will have the least possible damage to your hair.
Choose the best known brands, or by those you have for other hair products, such as traditional shampoo or conditioner. Also, read carefully the advice of experts and the opinions of clients who have used the products before.
View this post on Instagram
. . ❤️Tip Tuesday . . A tip for you ladies who don’t have much time to get ready in the mornings. Take our dry shampoo and 𝑠𝑝𝑟𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑛 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑑… this way while you're sleeping, it soaks into scalp and does it’s magic. . . 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩 𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡: . . ✅Agrana rice starch which creates less whitening and better overall coverage of hair . . ✅Organic Sugar Cane Alcohol that assists in quick drying and provides shine and volume . ✅ Our dry shampoo grows hair !✨ . . . . . #dryshampoo #nobutane #nonflammable #overnightdryshampoo #tiptuesday #saveyourmorning #monatdryshampoo #thechamp
Dry shampoo can be your best ally for those moments when you don’t want to wash your hair but want it to feel clean and fresh. Thanks to this product you can have perfect hair instantly and without any effort. It is pure magic! It is also important that we follow the usage tips to get the most out of them.
In addition, you should take into account certain factors that will help you choose the best shampoo for your hair type in order to achieve the best results. We are sure that, once you try it, you will love using it. Don’t wait any longer and get fresh and radiant hair!
If you liked our guide on dry shampoo, share it on social networks and leave us a comment!
(Source of Featured Image: Puhhha: 70474593/ 123rf.com)