How we pick our products
As a dog owner, you probably have experienced your dog using the bathroom in places where it shouldn’t. Maybe your dog is overly hyper and chews up the furniture. Whether it is an outside or an inside dog, these problems can be extremely annoying. If you find yourself in these situations, dog repellent, also known as dog anti-chew spray, will make your life much easier. If your cat does the same, you might want to consider cat repellent.
Choosing one of these items may seem easy, but, because there are so many options on the market, it can be difficult to pick out the best one for you and your pet. There is a lot of information you should understand and factors that you should consider before making a blind purchase. Interested? Keep on reading.
- Dog repellent is an inexpensive and extremely useful item for you and your dog. Especially if you have a pet that uses the bathroom where it should not or chews up furniture or other household items.
- When it comes to spray, it is best to choose a dog repellent that is 100% made out of natural, non-synthetic materials. This will ensure that the product is safe for your dog and eco-friendly as well.
- As you will read in the final section of our article, not all dog repellents are made equal. There are several factors that you need to consider when purchasing one of these useful products.
Our Selection: Best Dog Repellent
Since this item is not very popular, it can be difficult to search for the perfect model for you. It is normal if you feel a little bit lost and don’t know where to start. As we said, we are here to help you make the best purchase possible. To help you with your purchase, in the following section, we have chosen our favorite forms of dog repellent currently available on the market.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Dog Repellent
Have you ever arrived home after a long day just to realize that your dog has urinated on or chewed up something important to you? We understand that this is an extremely frustrating situation. With dog repellent, otherwise known as anti-chew spray, you can completely avoid this problem. In the following section, to clear any doubts, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions about this product.
What is dog repellent exactly?
What are the pros and cons of using a dog repellent?
What different types of dog repellents are there?
- Electronic Dog Repeller: There are so many different types of dog repellers on the market that we could make a whole article just about this type. However, since its main purpose is to repel dogs from certain areas, we wanted to include it in this shopping guide. These items emit a noise that is unpleasant to dogs’ ears.
- Dog Anti-Chew Spray: This item often comes in the form of a spray. This is extremely useful if you have a dog that always chews up important household items or furniture. All you have to do is spray this product on anything that you don’t want your dog to play with and it will leave it alone. It’s as easy as that. These items are not harmful and are usually made out of scents that are unpleasant to your pet.
- Dog Anti-Urine Spray: This type of dog repellent is similar to the one that we described above. Many of these products come with both options. This product is useful if you have a dog that likes to “mark its territory” everywhere.
- Anti-Stress Dog Spray: This option is not exactly a repellent. However, we wanted to include it in our list anyway because it has the same goal: to redirect bad behavior in canines. This spray will calm your dog down and keep it from wanting to mark its territory by urinating or chewing things up.
How do I use dog repellent?
|Type of dog repellent||Use|
|Dog Repellers||You can stick these items into the ground in your yard or they may come as remote controls. These items usually come with a button or remote that will activate them.|
|Anti-Chew or Anti-Urine Spray||All you have to do is spray the object that you do not want your dog to urinate or chew on. Depending on the product that you purchase, you will have to repeat this process every once in a while.|
|Anti-stress spray||Spray this product around where your dog will be. It is not usually effective for too long, so remember to respray frequently.|
Can dog repellents be harmful to my dog?
When it comes to electronic dog repellers, these items are also completely safe to use with your dogs. This ultrasound technology is made to repel your dogs from certain areas and is not harmful at all.
It is the digital age and most people shop online. Shopping online is great in a lot of ways, but sometimes you can end up buying something that you didn’t want. We all hate that feeling of when you receive something in the mail after waiting for a while and it is not what you were hoping. This is why it is extremely important to consider the following shopping criteria when making your purchase:
Although we have already mentioned that the majority of dog repellents are completely safe for your pet, it never hurts to check. You always need to read the ingredients of the dog repellent before buying it. Make sure the ingredients are natural and that you are not allergic to any of them as well. Remember, you will be using these products in your home, and they will come in contact with you, your pets, and anyone else living at your house.
As we have already gone over in the previous shopping guide, these products come in many different shapes and forms. A dog repeller is not the same thing as an anti-stress spray or anti-chew spray. Keep in mind exactly what you need and buy accordingly.
As we mentioned in the section above, you need to analyze why you are purchasing this product. Do you have a stray dog problem or want to avoid your dog digging up your plants in the garden? Then, you should get an electronic dog repeller. Is your dog extremely hyper and take its energy out on your furniture? Then, you should probably get an anti-stress spray. It all depends on your situation.
|If you want to…||You should use…|
|keep your dog from chewing up household items||an anti-chew spray.|
|keep your dog from marking its territory by peeing in certain places,||an anti-urine spray.|
|keep your dog from urinating and chewing things up,||a product that includes both anti-urine an anti-chew spray.|
|calm your pet down,||an anti-stress spray.|
If you have decided to purchase a spray, you need to buy the correct amount. Think about how often you will use this product and where and buy accordingly. You can also check if the product is refillable. If it is not, you may want to purchase a larger bottle or even consider ordering more than one so that you do not run out.
Almost all sprays can only be detected by the canine nose. This means that you won’t even notice it is there. However, there are some options that humans can smell as well. You do not want your house to stink. So, go over the different reviews on Amazon to hear about other people’s experiences.
Dogs are men’s best friends. They are sweet animals that usually do not mean any harm. It is natural for them to chew up or urinate on items or to get into places where they shouldn’t be. Remember, these are curious animals that just want to have fun. However, it is not so nice having to clean up after them. If you have found yourself in this situation, you can finally have peace of mind with a good dog repellent.
We have provided you with great information. You now know much more than you did before about these products, and we believe that you are ready to take this knowledge and apply it. Get online and buy the best dog repellent you can find. It’s up to you!
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about dog repellent. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of attached image: Street: wcO2PWLuQ3U/ Unsplash.com)