How we pick our products
If you are reading this article, you are probably looking for an awesome dog for your dog! Your dog probably wants this bone too! Man’s best friend deserves the best! What is a dog without its bone? As Nicanor Parra, a Chilean poet would say, “nothing!”
Whether you are looking to replace a current dog bone or you are going to buy one for the first time, you need to know a few things about these items before making your purchase. Apart from dog food, a dog bone can be a great source of nutrients to keep your dog happy and healthy. We have written this article to help you make the best purchase for your best friend! After reading this article, you will be more informed and your dog will be enjoying its new bone in no time!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Dog Bones on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Dog Bones
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- There are dog bones that are quite economically friendly and can even help clean your dog’s teeth and keep it healthy.
- A bone can be a toy for your dog. There is a type of dog bone that has holes where you can hide snacks. Your dog will have fun trying to get the food out of the bone!
- Dog bones are great for dogs that have aching teeth due to dental work. You can also use dog bones to help hyper dogs bite on something and get their energy out, instead of chewing up your shoes.
Our Selection: The Best Dog Bones on the U.S. Market
The amount of dog bones on the U.S. market is countless! You can buy edible dog bones, toy dog bones, etc. The options are endless. When you have so many options, you may get overwhelmed or confused. If this is your problem, we have created a list of the best dog bones on the U.S. market to help you with your purchase!
Best Elk Antler Dog Bone
You might have been surprised when you read “elk antler,” but do not worry. No animal is harmed in the process of making this bone. This dog bone is made from elk antlers that are naturally shed. This antler will entertain your dog and keep its teeth clean and healthy.
Best Beef Dog Bone
This beef dog bone will be a delicious treat and a great toy for your dog. It is made in the United States. This treat is a 100% natural beef bone that your dog will love and enjoy trying to tear apart. This dong bone is high in protein and many other nutrients that will keep your dog happy and healthy.
Best Dental Dog Bone
You read that right! This dog bone is actually created to keep your dog’s teeth clean and healthy. As it chews at this toy, it will actually be cleaning its own teeth! This bone also helps remove plaque from your dog’s teeth and freshens your dog’s breath! What else could you ask for?
Best Natural Dog Bone
This dog bone is made out of yak cheese! It is a very interesting and healthy bone for your dog. These bars do not contain any preservatives or artificial ingredients, just cow and yak milk! How cool is that? Your dog will love this treat!
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Dog Bones
What are dog bones exactly and why should I get one?
Can dog bones be dangerous for my dog?
If you choose the wrong type of dog bone, there can be problems. Most brands offer a variety of sizes for you to choose from depending on your dog’s size. A 10 inch-long bone is not a good idea for your dog if it is a pug, for example. Also, a rubber dog bone is not used in the same way as a natural dog bone.
What are the different types of dog bones?
- Raw bones: For many experts, raw dog bones are the best option. They are very rich in nutrients. The downside to these bones is that they are not as safe as the other dog bones on our list. They can attract a lot of bacteria.
- Natural cow bones: These bones are a safer alternative to raw bones. Brands that sell this type of bone sterilize it by boiling the bone and usually grilling it before selling it on the market. However, through this process, the bone loses a lot of nutrients. This type of dog bone is also prone to splintering, which could hurt your dog.
- Rawhide bone: From a technical point of view, this product is not actually a bone. This product is made out of the inner layer of animal skin, usually cow skin. These bones are great for strengthening your dog’s teeth. They are normally very tasty.
- Vegetarian bone: These bones are also known as “dental bones.” These bones are made specifically to keep your dogs mouth and teeth clean and healthy. While chewing the toy, the dog will be able to remove particles of food between its teeth. This product doesn’t just help your dog stay healthy, it also makes its breath smell better.
- Edible chew-toy bone: These are snacks in the form of bones that your dog can chew on. They are very rich in a great variety of nutrients. This dog will keep your dog well-behaved and give it a healthier diet. This is a great option if you have a dog that does not have a healthy diet already.
- Synthetic chew-toy bone: These products often come in creative shapes. These bones are made out of synthetic material, like rubber. They are not edible. This type of bone is great for puppies who are still teething, and a great toy for dogs that get bored or anxious easily.
What are synthetic dog bones for?
Some synthetic dog bones have two holes at both ends of the bone. Thanks to this feature, you can hide snacks in these holes. Your dog will have so much fun trying to get the snack out. It will want to know what smells so delicious. This should keep your dog entertained for a while as it takes the snacks out of the holes one by one.
What type of nutrients do dog bones have?
- Collagen (This nutrient contains essential amino acids, like proline, glycine, and mucopolysaccharides.)
- Calcium phosphate.
- Vitamins and other essential nutrients.
Calm your dog down. Tell him to stop barking. We are nearing the end of the article already, and patience is key. Now that you know more about the different types of dog bones and how to use them correctly, it’s almost time to buy one! But first, let’s go over some important shopping criteria that you should follow when looking for the perfect dog bone. We’re almost there!
Natural or Synthetic?
If you are looking for the best dog bone but don’t want to spend too much money, the best option is to buy a synthetic dog bone. If you are looking for a more nutritional bone that will keep your dog healthy, you should get a natural dog bone.
As you have probably already realized after reading the list of the best dog bones on the market, not all of these products are the same size. One brand may offer various different sizes of dog bones for different sizes of dogs. Make sure you keep your dog’s size in mind when buying its bone! A boxer won’t need the same size bone as a Yorkshire terrier!
Edible or Recreational
There are many different types of dog bones on the market, as you have already seen. To not get too technical we will put all dog bones under two groups, edible and recreational. Please note that some dogs may be both recreational and edible. Make sure to read the description of the product to determine which type it is.
If you want to improve your dog’s cognitive development, there are types of dog bones that are interactive. As we have already explained previously, there are types of dog bones that have two holes on each side where you can hide food. This will help your dog interact with the bone as it tries to get the snacks out one by one. This introduces reasoning to your pet.
Before introducing any new product to your dog, you should always consult your veterinarian first. It is very important to take the advice he or she will give you in order to choose the best product for your dog. Keep in mind your dog’s health condition, like, for example, if it has had oral health problems in the past or if its a very old dog with fragile teeth. In these cases, you should not give your dog a very hard bone.
View this post on Instagram
Gonna mess with some birds in Nebraska next week and then it’s on to antlers. Sometimes winter doesn’t seem so bad… 📸 @michaelmaurophoto #shedantlers #sheddogs #deerantlers #labs #labsofinsta #labsofinstagram #blacklabs #sportingdogs #huntingdogs #outdoornews #gundogmagazine #gundogsofinstagram #dogbone #nashda #dogtraining #gooddogs #workingdogs #gunnerkennels #purinaproplan
As you have read above, there is a great variety of dog bones on the market. A dog is nothing without its bone! There are many delicious and beneficial bones to choose from. Try to keep in mind all of the criteria that we have taught you when making your purchase. We are sure that you will make the correct choice.
We hope you enjoyed our article about dog bones. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends on social media. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
(Source of Featured Image: Jaromír Chalabala: 28351804/ 123rf.com)