How we pick our products
For many people, the smell of a home is just as important as its decor. Some people invest a ton of money to bring in an interior decorator to organize and style their home. But if the house doesn’t smell too nice, all of those decorating efforts will go to waste. Luckily, you can always count on a diffuser for the perfect aroma for your home. These amazing machines are one of the best ways to improve the smell and overall vibe of your home.
Smell is a critical part of human function. In fact, the sense of smell is closely linked to memory. If you keep this in mind, you can utilize it to establish a positive smell that becomes associated with your home. Using a diffuser, you’ll give your home a unique sense of identity. We’ve put together the following shopping guide to help you find the very best diffuser available.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Ranking: The Best Diffusers on the American Market
- 2.1 No. 1: PurSteam 530ml Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.2 No. 2: ASAKUKI 300ml Premium 5-in-1 Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.3 No. 3: COSSCCI 500ml Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2.4 No. 4: Everlasting Comfort 400ml Diffuser
- 2.5 No. 5: Pure Daily Care Ultimate Aromatherapy Diffuser & Essential Oil Set
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Diffusers
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- A diffuser is used to distribute aromatic essential oils around any room. Using a diffuser is one of the best ways to create an environment with a pleasant smell.
- Many diffusers can also function as humidifiers, making them very practical. By purchasing a diffuser with this bonus feature, you won’t need to invest more money in a second appliance.
- When utilizing a diffuser, you can normally choose to display various colored lights. This contributes to forming the right atmosphere not just with scent but also with a visual impact.
- There are some important factors to take into account when purchasing a diffuser. For example, you’ll want to check if it has a remote, a timer, different programs and if it changes color.
Ranking: The Best Diffusers on the American Market
One of the easiest ways to familiarize yourself with the most useful and innovative features of diffusers is to take a look at the most popular models available. In fact, you may even find the right one for you! Here are the top five diffusers, based on function, price and style.
- No. 1: PurSteam 530ml Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- No. 2: ASAKUKI 300ml Premium 5-in-1 Essential Oil Diffuser
- No. 3: COSSCCI 500ml Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- No. 4: Everlasting Comfort 400ml Diffuser
- No. 5: Pure Daily Care Ultimate Aromatherapy Diffuser & Essential Oil Set
No. 1: PurSteam 530ml Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
This beautiful diffuser from PurSteam combines innovative technology with modern design to create a perfect addition to any home. One of its biggest pluses is that it’s incredibly quiet, so it won’t distract you while you’re working or trying to get a good night’s sleep. It also features seven soothing, color-changing LEDs so you can pick your favorite shade or let it cycle through the full range.
You’ll certainly love the wood grain design and sleek curvature of this reliable diffuser, which also can run for 8-12 hours continuously! Just add water and your favorite essential oils, and let it emit the relaxing aromas and dazzling colors that will make your day that much better.
No. 2: ASAKUKI 300ml Premium 5-in-1 Essential Oil Diffuser
Here’s another amazing option from ASAKUKI that packs all of the best features into a stylish, wood-accented design. You’ll find a 300ml water tank, seven unique LED colors and a safety auto-switch that keeps this device from overheating if it ever runs out of water. It also has a timer with four useful options, brightness control and mist density control!
You can be confident that this diffuser won’t let you down, as it’s made of the best materials including ultra-high grade, safe and eco-friendly PP material that goes through a state-of-the-art production process. The diffuser is also backed by a 1-year warranty and a 6-month money back guarantee. Choose from three stunning wood options: light wood, white wood and z-dark wood.
No. 3: COSSCCI 500ml Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
COSSCCI’s 500ml diffuser embraces the benefit of colored light, with a design that emphasizes the light-emitting portion of the diffuser. Choose from a range of subtle, elegant colors that offer different moods to suit whatever’s going on in your home. The large capacity water tank allows for up to six hours of use in high mist mode or 10 hours in the lower mist mode.
This diffuser also features a timer with multiple modes and a remote control that allows you to change the color at any time. It functions great as a romantic light by night or even a fun night light for your kids. Lastly, it will automatically shut off when the water runs out, so you can feel secure and safe.
No. 4: Everlasting Comfort 400ml Diffuser
Everlasting Comfort’s unique 400ml diffuser is shaped like a beautiful flower vase and comes in either light or dark wood that will look great in any part of your home. The extra large 400ml tank will last for over 13 hours! And choose from seven colors to suit your mood, whether you’re dealing with stress, anxiety, headaches or just want to enjoy the light show.
Other features include four timer options, variable mist output and auto shut off. Tailor this diffuser to whatever you’re looking for. And get peace of mind with ETL certified materials that ensure reliability, durability and safety. A microfiber cloth and cleaning brush are also included to make maintenance especially easy.
No. 5: Pure Daily Care Ultimate Aromatherapy Diffuser & Essential Oil Set
Last but not least, check out this amazing set from Pure Daily Care. It comes with not only a great diffuser but also a full range of ten essential plant oils to use with it. The oils include popular favorites like lavender, eucalyptus, orange, peppermint and lemongrass. No cheap additives or fillers are used in these natural oils.
The diffuser, meanwhile, has a 300ml capacity BPA-free tank and features state of the art wave diffusion technology to atomize oils for superior results. Get 14 different color combinations using the seven ambient light modes with various intensities. Finally, enjoy 24-hour support and a full year of coverage protection from Pure Daily Care.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Diffusers
What Is a Diffuser?
What Kinds of Diffusers Are There?
|Electric diffuser with water||This model works by way of ultrasonic vibration. It has a small tank in which you can mix the water with the preferred essential oil. This kind of diffuser utilizes a vibrating mechanism to dispense the aromas into the air as mist. It’s important to use the correct balance of water and oil to produce a perfect aroma.|
|Electric diffuser without water||This kind of diffuser features a pumping system. The oil is not mixed with water, so the device emits the liquid into the home as steam. These are also called nebulizer diffusers. The aroma produced with this kind of diffuser is often more intense because the essential oils are not watered down.|
|Non-electric diffuser||This kind of diffuser is the simplest. They work through the use of burning candles or charcoal tablets to release an aroma into the air. They are the cheapest kind of diffuser, but they require a good deal of caution as they can cause accidents, especially if there are children playing nearby. They are commonly referred to as scent burners.|
Is a Diffuser or a Burner Better?
How Do I Use a Diffuser?
- Instructions. The first thing you should always do when you first use an appliance is read the instruction manual. This allows you to learn about all the different functions and settings available to you.
- Open the diffuser. The next step is to open the diffuser and take away the top of the device. You should also remove the lid from the water tank, if you’re using a diffuser with water.
- Water. If you’re using a water diffuser, it’s now time to pour water into it. We recommend using distilled water to prevent limescale buildup. Be sure not to exceed the maximum capacity of your water tank. If you need to mix the essential oils with the water, closely follow the instructions to find the right balance.
- Cover the diffuser. Put the diffuser top or cap back on and be sure it’s shut properly.
- Plug in the diffuser. After you’ve poured the water inside and closed the diffuser, you can plug it in. If it operates via battery, check that the battery is fully charged.
- Turn on the diffuser. Now it’s time to turn it on, and you’re ready to take the final steps of this setup process.
- Choose the program. Most diffusers offer a handful of programs and settings. You can usually program the amount of time that the vaporization lasts, select the color of the light or even the intensity of the mist formed. The most advanced diffusers have a remote control so that you can do all this from the comfort of your couch or bed.
- Essential oils. The final step is to add the essential oils. If you’re using a water diffuser, then the oils should already be mixed in. If the diffuser doesn’t use water, you’ll have to determine where to add the essential oil. Follow the instructions to figure out what kinds of oil can be used and what quantity is best.
How Much Does a Diffuser Cost?
What Are Essential Oils Used For?
|Jasmine||Helps reduce stress and ease sleep-related issues.|
|Lavender||Helps with muscular pains related to stress and helps with sleep.|
|Cinnamon||Helps to calm emotions, limit fatigue and improve mood.|
|Black pepper||May be useful if you’re trying to stop smoking, and it helps with anxiety management.|
|Almond||Helps boost serotonin levels and deal with pain.|
|Bergamot||Improves disorders related to anxiety or depression.|
|Nutmeg||Works well as an aphrodisiac. It also helps with depression.|
What Are the Pros and Cons of Diffusers?
We can’t finish this great guide without first going over the key factors you should take into account when making your decision on which diffuser is right for you. By following the following shopping criteria, we’re sure that you’ll find the diffuser that you’re looking for.
It’s important to consider the power supply of the diffuser. Electric diffusers generally have two power sources. The most common option is plugging the device right into an outlet. This can be a limiting factor, however, as you’ll always need to find an outlet to use. The other common power source is batteries. We recommend picking a diffuser that uses batteries, preferably the rechargeable type. With batteries, you can move the diffuser around the house as needed without worrying about accessibility to an outlet.
Always aim for a diffuser that’s simple to use. Additionally, a diffuser with a remote control is much more convenient. Another interesting feature you may want is a timer to program when the diffuser should turn off. Some diffusers also offer settings to regulate the intensity of the aroma, which can be very beneficial. The devices that turn off by themselves when the water or oil runs out are particularly innovative.
The capacity of the tank is another important factor, as it determines how long the diffuser can run without being refilled. Usually the capacity of a diffuser is around 300 milliliters, but there are models with capacities that are larger or smaller. We suggest avoiding any tanks that are smaller than 300 milliliters. That’s because larger diffusers are more durable and are able to disperse aromas for longer. Bear in mind that the larger the tank capacity, the larger the overall dimensions of the diffuser.
Most essential oil diffusers feature colored LED lights. Don’t forget that the color emitted by your diffuser can also have benefits. Using colored lights is the basis of chromotherapy, which states that light can be helpful for certain diseases or ailments. We recommend picking a diffuser with colored lights that you find calming.
Some medical practitioners say that essential oils have the ability to improve quality of sleep. If you plan to use your diffuser in the bedroom at night, look for an ultrasonic diffuser. This kind of diffuser emits as little noise as possible so that your sleep won’t be interrupted.
A diffuser provides you with the best aromas in your home and gives your house a sense of identity. They work by utilizing essential oils, which have a number of benefits. Most diffusers are very easy to use and affordable. We recommend choosing a diffuser with a timer so that you can easily control its operation. A remote control will also contribute to ease of use.
Another aspect of diffusers that you should take into account is the color they emit. Not only will the diffuser be more pleasant and decorative with a nice color, but you can also benefit from the feeling of a certain color in your home. Try to look for a quiet device so you can use it at night while sleeping. And, as always, look for a product that gives you the best value for money.
If you found this guide useful, please leave us a comment below. Also, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends on social media.
(Source of featured image: Belchonock: 97501528/ 123rf.com)