At first glance, it would seem that PC screens have not evolved much over time. But if we pay more attention, we will see how the square, tube monitors became flat and rectangular – as in the cinema – to improve the panoramic view. Today, curved screens are the latest fashion. Have you ever heard of them? Well, read on!
The curved PC screens offer a new immersive experience for the user, whatever purpose you’re looking for with your computer. Their designs are so attractive and eye-catching that it’s hard to keep an eye on them. If you want to know how they work or you have more doubts, don’t miss this guide that we have prepared with all the vital information.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Curved PC Monitors on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Curved PC Monitors
- 3.1 What exactly are the curved screens for PC?
- 3.2 Which aspects have motivated the manufacture of curved screens for PC?
- 3.3 When did the first curved screens for PC appear?
- 3.4 What new visualization features do the PC curved screens offer?
- 3.5 Is it true that PC curved displays produce a 3D effect?
- 3.6 Why does a curved PC screen consume less energy than flat screens?
- 3.7 What does it mean that PC curved displays prevent image distortion?
- 3.8 Is the curve screen for PC the same as the curve screen for TV?
- 3.9 What quality aspects should we observe in a curved screen for PC?
- 3.10 Why PC curved displays are especially recommended for gaming ?
- 4 Purchase Criteria
- 5 Summary
- The curved screens for PC are a new design of the classic monitors, thought to improve the experience of the vision of who is in front of a computer. The curvature creates a greater sense of immersion and improves some technical aspects from the viewing angle.
- The first curved screens for PC appeared in 2009, and today their use has grown remarkably. Also, it has spread to televisions and even to smartphones. Almost all major brands, such as Samsung, LG, and Sony, have turned to make this type of monitors.
- The curved screens for PC stand out for their attractive designs, where the curvature plays a fundamental role. They are still elongated screens and are geared towards ergonomics, i.e., to make the user more comfortable. They offer the highest quality standards in terms of resolution and connections.
Our Selection: The Best Curved PC Monitors on the U.S. Market
If you are thinking of taking a leap of innovation with your computer, do not think more. A curved screen will completely change your user experience, whether you’re working, watching movies, or playing video games. If the options you see around you don’t convince you, keep reading this selection that gathers the best offers on the market.
- The Best Curved PC Monitor for Under 150 Bucks
- The Best Curved PC Monitors Between 150 and 200 Dollars
- The Best Curved PC Monitor Between 200 and 500 Dollars
- The Best Curved PC Monitor for Over 500 Dollars
The Best Curved PC Monitor for Under 150 Bucks
Samsung wants you to have a truly immersive experience with its 24-inch, 1800 R (radius of curvature: 1800 mm) curved screen. It gives you a larger field of view, improves depth perception, and makes you more immersed in multimedia content. It also has an automatic brightness function, which will help you regulate energy consumption.
The Active Crystal Color technology, this curved screen, gives you a broad color palette for vivid colors and realistic image quality. If you are from the world of gaming, this screen instantly optimizes the colors and contrast of the screen, as well as minimizes annoying flickering. The design is super slim: it has a thickness of 11.9 mm.
The Best Curved PC Monitors Between 150 and 200 Dollars
This curved PC screen model from Samsung is 27 inches and offers an LED resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (FullHD). Your diving experience will change completely thanks to the projection of the monitor, which ensures a viewing angle of 178 degrees. It is ideal for gaming or for playing movies. Its electrical power is 37 watts.
This curved PC display is equipped with VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort connection ports, and 2 3.5 mm inputs. This means you can combine your monitor with virtually any other device to transfer data or play multimedia content. The Active Crystal Color technology will make you enjoy the most vivid colors and more realistic quality.
The Best Curved PC Monitor Between 200 and 500 Dollars
This 27-inch curved PC screen has all the best features to change the way you perceive your computer. Its FullHD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and 1800 R curvature give you a 178-degree viewing angle. It is a model slim of only 11.9 mm and has an automatic brightness function to save on energy consumption.
Thanks to this curved screen, minimize the emission of blue light waves that can damage your retina. Your eyes will rest more by reducing screen flicker, and the Active Crystal Color technology will allow you to enjoy a full palette of vivid colors for the best possible image quality. It is an ideal model for gamers and for watching movies.
The Best Curved PC Monitor for Over 500 Dollars
Phillips has also entered the curved screen market with its 27-inch, ultra-wide model and FullHD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels). The curvature provides a pleasant but subtle immersion effect. The wide range of colors produces more natural-looking greens, vivid reds, and deeper blues. Its electrical power is 31.8 watts.
This model utilizes advanced multi-domain vertical alignment technology that provides very high static contrast ratios for brighter, more vivid images. Also, with Philips’ MultiView function, you can have up to four systems on this full screen, each with a FullHD resolution. It has an HDMI connection port.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Curved PC Monitors
Curved screens have reached the world of computers to stay. Its goal is that, as a user, you can take full advantage of any multimedia content you want to play in them. Perhaps you have doubts about the different aspects you should take into account with these monitors, so we recommend this section with the most common.
What exactly are the curved screens for PC?
Which aspects have motivated the manufacture of curved screens for PC?
When did the first curved screens for PC appear?
The proliferation of curved PC displays has exploded in recent years. Not only has its use in computers spread but in televisions, the demand for curved screens is top-rated. They have even begun to manufacture and market smartphones with curved screens, although there is still not as much variety as in the previous examples.
What new visualization features do the PC curved screens offer?
- Immersion: The curvature of these screens -especially in computers that are generally used by only one user at a time- causes the viewing angle to envelop the viewer completely. The curvature is based on the human eye, and as such allows the viewer to traverse the entire surface of the screen without changing the focus.
- Sensation of greater size: The distance between our eyes and the curved screen is constant in each point of the panel as long as we are in the center, which gives the sensation of a larger monitor.
- Reflections: Curved screens for PC have greater immunity than flat screens to natural light reflections.
- Many of these displays have a mode that minimizes the emission of blue light waves that cause retinal fatigue. Therefore, they provide a sense of relief.
- Flashing: Curved displays incorporate technology that reduces screen flicker, giving the eyes an extra rest.
- Design: Aesthetics play a key role in these screens. Beyond their technical advantages, the curved monitors look spectacular.
Is it true that PC curved displays produce a 3D effect?
Why does a curved PC screen consume less energy than flat screens?
What does it mean that PC curved displays prevent image distortion?
Is the curve screen for PC the same as the curve screen for TV?
In this way, the user of a PC is seated and aligned with the center of the curved screen. This allows you to take full advantage of that equidistant point that favors the immersive experience, so you can work or play without other distractions. It is merely better focused on what is displayed on the screen itself.
What quality aspects should we observe in a curved screen for PC?
Luminosity: It is the capacity to show blacks and whites, as well as intermediate colors that a monitor has, a factor that is measured in candles per square meter (Cdm2). The most common values on the market are between 350 and 450 Cdm2. An amount that we can change adjusting the brightness in our monitor and that we will have to regulate according to our needs.
Colour Depth: This is the measure that determines the monitor’s ability to display different colors. At the time of representing an image, this is much more real, the more colors can be shown on the screen. It is not the same to see a table with eight primary colors (8 bits) than with 16 million tones, a chromatic range that no longer allows distinction on the part of the human eye.
Contrast: Basically, it is the appreciable difference between maximum white and maximum black. This value measures the difference between a black pixel and a white pixel in a single instant. If we want to look for a monitor with good contrast, we must look for a high figure that usually comes thus expressed: 2000:1
Resolution:This refers to the number of pixels that can be displayed on the curved display. It is given by the product of the width by the height, with which a relation called “of aspect” is obtained. The minimum resolution recommended today is FullHD: 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Why PC curved displays are especially recommended for gaming ?
The market for curved PC displays is becoming increasingly saturated. Different brands try to position themselves as the best manufacturers of these monitors that are revolutionizing the visual experience. If you don’t know which model to choose, don’t worry. It’s normal. But you need to consider some purchase criteria before making any decision.
In the technological world, size always matters. Curved PC displays are no exception. All the immersion experience and depth offered by these monitors is much more exploited if the surface of the screen is large enough to take advantage of it. It is therefore recommended to purchase a model of at least 24 inches.
View this post on Instagram
🧡We really love this wooden design! 🧡It gives you a very warm feeling! 🔥🔥 Also a beautiful curved monitor 🖥 on a stunning Desk 📌 #gamingsetup #setup #gamingsetups #curvedmonitor #setupwars #roomtourproject #setups #techsource #roomsetup #gamingpc #dreampc #tech #pcsetup #pcgaming #setupgaming #setupforgaming #pcmasterrace #desksetup #battlestation #battlestations #woodendecor #woodendesign #yourgamecave
Although size matters, as we’ve just explained, it’s useless if the content you see doesn’t have a good resolution. The best-curved PC displays have the highest standards of quality in terms of image definition and sharpness. It is necessary to purchase a model with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (FullHD).
The conception of using technological devices independently is old. Today it is ubiquitous to establish connections between different devices to obtain all kinds of results. In this sense, the more connection ports your curved PC screen has, the greater the possibilities of use you will have. The most important are HDMI, USB and VGA ports.
Since we’re talking about curved screens, it’s normal to pay attention to the angle of curvature they offer. If the radius is minimal, there will be almost no difference with flat-panel monitors. If it is tremendous, it can affect the display by distorting the images. The curvature value most recommended by most brands is 1800 R.
Foot of Screen
Although we are talking about a curved screen accessory for PC, it is vital for those who usually change the position of the monitor. A good foot that is resistant, ergonomic, and easy to regulate allows us to adjust to changes in the inclination, height, and angle of our screens, achieving different effects according to the objectives we are looking for in each moment.
View this post on Instagram
When the LED backlight matches the background image 👌 – – – #led #ledrgb #ledbacklight #setup #setups #setupinspirations #setupinspo #gamersetup #gameroomsetups #gamingsetup #gamingsetups #curvedmonitor #corsair #corsairbuild #instagaming #instagamer #instagamers #pcsetup #pcsetups #gamingphotography #gameready #pcgamers #videogaming #pcgaming #gamingsetups #desksetup #pcsetup
Curved PC screens have revolutionized the computer market with their concave edges (inwards) and their commitment to greater immersion when viewing multimedia content. Without compromising image quality, resolution, or sharpness, they can enhance the user experience, who now has a better viewing angle in front of their monitor.
The radius of curvature of most of these screens is 1800 R. They have many advantages at the image level, such as reducing the distortion effect of flat-panel monitors, and also concerning the human eye, as they alleviate retinal fatigue. They are especially valuable for gamers, which need high-quality graphics and high refresh capacity.
If you liked the article, share it among your contacts so that others know in depth everything there is to know about curved screens for PC. Surely many people can take advantage of this information before making their purchase. Also, if you want, you can leave us a comment that we will answer as soon as possible. Thank you very much!
(Featured image source: Max Nelson/ Unsplash.com)