How we pick our products
A good night’s sleep is the absolute key to feeling energized throughout the day. A lack of rest can make you grumpy or depressed, and, over a long period of time, can lead to major health problems. To rest well and sleep deeply throughout the night, it is important to have the right environment to relax. One way this can be achieved is by using a cervical pillow.
Cervical pillows are products that are specially designed to promote restful sleep. There are many different models on the market that offer different features, depending on a range of factors. The following shopping guide has been prepared so that you can find the cervical pillow that best suits your needs. By reading this guide you will be able to enjoy a quality sleep forever.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Cervical Pillows on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Cervical Pillows
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- When choosing a cervical pillow, there are a number of factors that you should take into consideration, which we will explain in this guide.
- Comfort is the most important factor, but don’t forget that it often takes time for a cervical pillow to adapt to your body shape.
- In our Buyer’s Guide section, you will find which aspects are the most important to assess when purchasing a cervical pillow.
Our Selection: The Best Cervical Pillows on the U.S. Market
Reviewing some of the best cervical pillows on the market will be very useful for making a decision as to which one is best for you. It will help you see which features are most valued by customers and what other buyers think of each product. We have selected the cervical pillows list below based on their value for money, their features, and customer feedback. Therefore, we recommend that you take note of the selection we have prepared for you, as your pillow may well just be there.
- Best Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
- Best Orthopedic Cervical Pillow
- Best Cervical Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Best Selling Cervical Pillow
Best Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
The EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow provides therapeutic relief so that you will wake up feeling fully recharged and ready to take the day. The premium fabric keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the night while the specialized contour design perfectly supports and aligns your head, neck, shoulders, and back. With this amazing cervical pillow, you’ll sleep deeper and longer.
Best Orthopedic Cervical Pillow
The Milemont Cervical Pillow is luxuriously designed for optimal cervical support and comfort. The unique design cradles your head while you are sleeping on your back or side, increasing restorative sleep and decreasing neck pain. Milemont’s therapeutic pillow design greatly supports the cervical curve of your neck, which means less neck pain and more relief for your neck muscles. The pillowcase is machine washable so that you can always keep it super clean.
Best Cervical Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
The Coisum Cervical Pillow is the best pillow on the market to help with neck and shoulder issues thanks to the unique design of the pillow. The slope of the pillow keeps your head from rolling out of a stable position while the cutouts on the side give your top arm a place to rest and keep it at an angle so your shoulder is not hunching over in front of you.
Best Selling Cervical Pillow
The Royal Therapy Memory Foam Pillow is a firm pillow that gives greater resistance under the heaviest parts of the head and equally supports the lighter, more sensitive neck area. This bamboo pillow allows for uniform pressure on all areas of the head and neck so that you never wake up feeling sore. This cervical pillow will always retain its shape and will not go flat like traditional pillows.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Cervical Pillows
After seeing some of the best cervical pillows in the section above, you might be starting to think about buying one. These are products that can improve not only the quality of your sleep but also your overall health. So that you can purchase the most suitable cervical pillow on the market, it is very important to learn all about these products. To help you with this, we’ve answered the most frequently asked questions from consumers below.
What is a cervical pillow?
With a good-quality cervical pillow, you will be able to avoid many neck and back pains, but also headaches. Many doctors recommend a cervical pillow as an essential product for those who suffer from regular postural discomfort. In addition, some pillows incorporate certain features that help improve rest.
What materials are cervical pillows made of?
- Feathers. This is a material that is starting to be used less and less, as there are better materials on the market. Feather pillows are recommended for those who sleep on their stomachs and for those who move a lot during the night. They are much less firm than other materials and can cause allergies.
- Fiber. Different types of fibers are used to make cervical pillows, with each one of them having particular characteristics. In general, cervical pillows made of fiber have a good quality-price ratio, are soft, and there are many different types available. A cervical pillow made of fiber is an excellent choice if you sleep on your side or on your back.
- Latex. Cervical pillows made of latex can either be made from natural latex or synthetic latex. Natural latex is much softer, while the synthetic version is firmer. Both options are perfect for people who sleep on their side as they adapt very well to the shape of the head.
- Memory foam. Otherwise known as viscoelastic foam, is one of the best materials you can choose. We say this because memory foam adapts very well to the different postures that are adopted during the night. Cervical pillows made of memory foam improve blood circulation and relieve tension from the neck.
What are the best neck pillows depending on your sleeping posture?
- Facedown. This position is the least recommended of all, but, if it’s your favorite, you should use a low pillow made of feathers.
- Face up. A medium height pillow is recommended to allow your spine to be well aligned. Memory foam is a great choice for this sleeping position.
- On your side. The pillow should be medium or high in terms of height as you’ll get a better body alignment. The best materials are fiber and memory foam.
- Changes of posture during the night. We recommend a cervical pillow of medium height and material that is adaptable.
What is the firmness of a cervical pillow?
- Low firmness. This is the best option if you often sleep on your stomach. If the pillow is too firm your head and neck will be in an unnatural position.
- Medium firmness. If you sleep on your back you will need a pillow with medium firmness so that it can mold to the shape of your neck. These are also suitable for someone who moves a lot during the night.
- High firmness. Pillows with high firmness are great for sleeping on your side. The reason for this is because they provide better support for the neck and spine.
What shapes do cervical pillows come in?
- Wave. This is the most common type of cervical pillow. It has two zones that have different heights and it is ideal for sleeping on your back.
- Butterfly. This pillow is in the shape of a butterfly by being wider on the sides and thinner in the center. This is the best cervical pillow to use if you sleep on your side.
- Horseshoe. This cervical pillow is similar to a travel pillow used on airplanes and they provide a good level of neck support.
Now you know a lot of important facts about cervical pillows, it’s time to learn about the most important purchase criteria to evaluate in order to buy the most suitable pillow. Below we have simplified it for you by selecting the three most important aspects to consider:
When it comes to any type of pillow, you should always opt for a pillow with a removable cover. They are far more hygienic as they can be easily removed and washed in the washing machine. We highly recommend that the cover material of your cervical pillow is made of bamboo fiber. The reason for this is that it is resistant to dust, it absorbs perspiration and is odorless. Bamboo fiber is also non-allergic and allows air to circulate inside the pillow.
The adaptability of a pillow refers to how easily it changes shape and conforms to your body. Cervical pillows that are adaptable will help you rest better and provide greater relief from back pain. Cervical pillows made of memory foam are the most adaptable and are therefore the most recommended.
Another factor that shouldn’t be overlooked when choosing a cervical pillow is the material that it is made of. The materials don’t just depend on your personal tastes as the height of the pillow and the posture you adopt when sleeping can also influence the materials that best suit you. In the following table you will find the most suitable material based on your favorite sleeping position.
|Sleeping Position||Feathers||Fiber||Latex||Memory foam|
|On your side||✓||✓||✓|
Having a good quality cervical pillow is essential if you want to sleep well. By investing a little bit of money you will be taking care of your neck, shoulders, and back. Additionally, the correct cervical pillow will help you avoid a large number of problems associated with bad posture. Always keep in mind that sleep depends not only on the number of hours but also on the quality of sleep.
You should now know which cervical pillow model is best suited for you after reading our guide. You should also be clear on the different materials and what shape is the best option for you based on your sleeping position. All you have to do now is make your final decision and make the purchase.
If you enjoyed reading this guide on cervical pillows, please share it on your social networks or leave us a comment below.
(Source of featured image: Puhhha: 102557651/ 123rf.com)