Even though underwear remains invisible for most of the day, it contributes greatly to a woman’s well-being and self-confidence. In the morning, it is the underwear that you reach for first and for the rest of the day, women’s underwear is the first layer after the skin that covers your body.
There is a countless selection of ladies’ underwear for every occasion. Whether basic or sexy ladies underwear can slip into any role and enhance your outfit from the inside out. Don’t underestimate the power of well-fitting, supportive and figure-flattering underwear. Self-confidence has never been so easy. With our women’s underwear, you too will experience a confidence boost.
- 1 The best Women’s Underwear: Our Picks
- 2 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women’s underwear
- 3 Underwear for women: The most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for women’s underwear: How to find the perfect underwear for your figure
- 5 Conclusion
The best Women’s Underwear: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women’s underwear
When it comes to women’s underwear, the choice is almost overwhelming due to its size and range, but not all underwear is suitable for you. We want to help you find the underwear that not only works for you, but also gives you confidence.
To help you find the perfect underwear for you, we recommend that you consider the following criteria when buying your women’s underwear:
- Comfortable seat shape
- Perfect fit
In the following sections, we explain what exactly you need to look for in the criteria we just mentioned.
No matter how beautiful your underwear is, if it doesn’t fit properly and bothers you all day long, it can quickly turn from a beautiful piece of underwear into a hated one. Therefore, make sure that your underwear feels good against your skin. If the briefs pinch or the bra chafes, you will feel uncomfortable and it will show.
Your underwear should be the right size. Especially with bras, this is extremely important. Once you have found the perfect fit for you, you will no longer understand how you could have lived in the wrong sizes all these years.
Every body is different. Different body types require different underwear. Go for underwear that flatters your figure. Self-confidence and an elevated sense of well-being are then pre-programmed.
Underwear for women: The most important questions answered
In the following paragraphs we have selected and answered frequently asked questions for you.
What types of ladies’ underwear are there?
Ladies’ underwear is almost as diverse as its wearers themselves. Underwear is made up of different categories. You can find out which types fall under the category of women’s underwear in the following list:
- Bras: Push-up, cup, underwire, halter bras support your breasts and help them reach their full potential in any outfit.
- Tops: Sexy corsets or comfortable warm vests. Underwear tops also support you and all your needs.
- Bottoms: Briefs, thongs, hipsters, panties or thongs. With this wide selection of underwear bottoms, you will find the perfect bottoms for every outfit and to suit your taste.
- Shapewear: Brings your feminine curves into their perfect shape.
- Sexy underwear: Sexy underwear in seductive cuts, fabrics and colours is suitable for particularly intimate moments.
- Maternity underwear: Supports you in this special phase of your life. This underwear is adapted to your needs during this time.
All these types can be combined with each other depending on your needs. In everyday life, an underwired bra is combined with a hipster and for intimate moments, a seductive lace thong can take over the role of the hipster.
How can I tell that an underwear size is right for me?
The right size of underwear will help you feel comfortable and save you the hassle of having to adjust it. Finding the right size may seem a little difficult from experience, but with a few simple tips, you can overcome this challenge.
A bra fits properly when:
- the bra band fits snugly around the breastbone.
- the cup covers the whole breast and nothing falls out on the right or left.
- the bra cup does not protrude and does not make a double breast.
- the bra circumference is not too tight or loose.
- the bra straps do not constrict and are not too loose.
Pants fit correctly when:
- the panties do not cut in. For example, a lace hem does not cut in.
- the panties hug your feminine curves.
- You think you are not wearing pants. Because they fit so perfectly and become one with your skin.
As always, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. To find the right size in underwear, you need to try on a few pairs of underwear. But don’t worry, because the time invested will be worth it. Because with the right fitting underwear, you will feel comfortable and confident.
How do I care for and clean my women’s underwear?
Since you wear your underwear every day, proper care and washing is especially important. When washing, follow the instructions on the manufacturer’s labels.
In general, the following things apply to the proper washing and care of underwear. Bras do not need to be washed every day. They can simply be aired out a little overnight. If they are due for a wash at some point, hand washing with mild detergent is recommended.
Alternatively, you can wash the bras on a gentle cycle at 30 degrees with all the clasps, zips and press studs closed and in a laundry bag.
Only very dirty pants need to be washed at 60 degrees. Normally, 30 – 40 degrees is sufficient for pants. Turn them inside out and sort your laundry by colour to avoid unwanted discolouration. For particularly delicate and thin fabrics, we recommend using a laundry bag.
Which underwear is suitable for allergy sufferers?
Because underwear is worn so close to the skin, it can sometimes cause unsightly skin reactions in allergy sufferers. Allergy sufferers should avoid synthetic materials when buying underwear and opt for natural materials (e.g. cotton). The same applies to washing your underwear. Use detergents that do not cause a reaction in your skin.
Especially when dyeing fabrics, use chemical and/or skin-intolerant dyes. Light-coloured garments need to be dyed less. To avoid unpleasant skin reactions, allergy sufferers can resort to white or light-coloured underwear.
Extra tip: You should always wash your underwear before wearing it for the first time to get any excess dyes or other chemicals out of your underwear.
Styling tips for women’s underwear: How to find the perfect underwear for your figure
There is the perfect lingerie for every figure, including yours! Whether you have a large, small, flat bottom or bust, the right lingerie can accentuate any figure.
- Small breasts: Do you have small breasts? Then you can enjoy strapless, push-up or triangle bras. The small size of your bust means you don’t have to go for sturdy underwired bras. Delicate lace triangle bras, also known as bralette bras, play seductively around your bust. And even strapless bras hold your bust in place and let you enjoy strapless tops and dresses. If you want, you can create the illusion of more bust with the help of a push-up bra.
- Large bust: Wide straps and stable underwire bras are ideal for a slightly larger bust. They help to relieve pressure on the back and their wide straps do not cut in. If you have a large bust, make sure that the underwire always covers the entire bust and that the bra cups are large enough. Balconette and half-cup bras look seductive on large breasts. These types of bras give a deep look and beautifully accentuate your feminine curves.
- Curvy figure: The right size is important for this type of figure. Wrong sizes cut in and show off your beautiful feminine curves unflatteringly. Wide straps not only provide optimal support, but also make your shoulders look narrower. Bodysuits are also good for curvy bodies because they hug the female curves and show them off particularly beautifully. The same goes for high-cut bottoms such as waist briefs.
- Hourglass figure: Panties with a higher leg cut such as briefs, thongs and g-strings are particularly flattering for this type of figure. Wide bottoms should be avoided because they make your hips look even wider. You can add sex appeal to your natural hourglass figure with push-up and balconette bras.
- A little hip gold: A small belly can be perfectly concealed by higher-cut underwear. Jazz pants and waist slips are perfect for this. Also, firmer fabrics help to conceal the tummy a little. Do you often experience the problem of cutting in? Then go for panties that have a lace hem. Cutting in is a thing of the past with lace hem panties.
Do you want to finally find the underwear of your dreams? If you follow our tips, nothing will stand in the way of this wish. Whether for everyday life, pregnancy or romantic evenings, you will find what you are looking for in our range of underwear. With the right underwear, well-being and self-confidence are pre-programmed.
Convince yourself and take a look at our ladies’ underwear. You will find perfect models for your figure. Give yourself a confidence boost with our wide selection of underwear for every occasion. Coco Chanel said, “The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” We say, “The best underwear is the one that looks good on you and fits right.”
Sources: Unsplash / Fahad Waseem