Blouse and shirt are one of the most popular items for almost every woman. Of course, there are a number of different blouse and shirt that we ladies can differentiate from. However, when it comes to check shirt for ladies, there will always be a place for it in your wardrobe. No matter what season or century you are in. The reason is that you can wear women’s check shirt for almost all occasions. Nowadays, there are even check patterns in almost every item on the market.
You may think that the check shirt is most suitable for men, but in this article, we will enlighten you more about the appeal of the check shirt on women. We will make sure that you can find the most suitable check shirt for women to match your own style.
- 1 The Best Womens Check Shirt: Our Picks
- 2 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying a check shirt for women
- 3 Check shirt for women: The most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for women’s check shirt: How to look amazing in check shirt
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Womens Check Shirt: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying a check shirt for women
Before you decide to buy a women’s check shirt, you should consider the occasion for which you need it, as there are several factors that can influence the appearance and quality of the product you are looking for. After all, we women want to look good.
Here are some buying criteria you can look for when choosing your new favourite piece:
- Fabric material
- Design & Style
The following buying criteria may vary from woman to woman, because when it comes to style, there is no right or wrong, only personal preference.
When it comes to the material of the fabric, there are a lot of alternatives to choose from. Again, you can differentiate the material according to your preferences and the budget you want to spend on your shirt. It is beneficial for you to choose the material according to the seasons and the occasion you want to wear women’s check shirt for, as it can have an impact on how you feel and look in it.
However, most fabric material you will find in the market is cotton, which in turn can have a touch of polyester, so be careful when buying your shirt. Let’s take a closer look at the different materials you can find for your women’s check shirts. We divide the material into the following characteristics:
- Cotton poplin: This cotton is known for its high quality standard due to its impervious material and is considered the classic material for women’s check shirts, due to its intense colour. It is the material you should look for if you want to look sporty and casual but smart.
- Cotton flannel: This material is the so-called go-to and is considered the classic material for check shirts, due to its comfortable wearing properties. The material is soft and ensures you stay warm, which is perfect for your casual outfit.
- Linen: When it comes to check shirt for women, linen material is not the most common choice. Known for its lightweight and comfortable nature, this natural fibre material is perfect for summer days, especially for a feminine look.
- Polyester: Polyester is actually a material made from chemical plastic and is one of the most important materials in the textile industry. It is particularly attractive due to its shape retention and long-lasting application.
Please note that the ladies check shirt can be made of several materials. If you know which material you prefer and to which occasion you will wear it, you can save yourself some time.
Colours are one of the essential and far-reaching issues when it comes to check shirt for women as it has an impact on how people will perceive you. When it comes to colour selection, it is not just fashion by trend that you need to focus on, but colours have a certain quality as they describe you.
Of course, nowadays you can find women’s check shirt in almost any colour you prefer. From classic colour to feminine pastel or even neon. However, the standard colour combination would be red, blue and green mixed with black and/or white.
The essential point when it comes to colour is the suitability for the occasion you are wearing your check shirt to. For a formal occasion, you might want to choose a lighter colour. On the other hand, for a less formal occasion, you can let your style imagination run wild.
The fit of the check shirt for women can be influenced by your feminine physique or by the style you want to create with your check shirt. Again, we have the following types:
- Regular Fit: This is the classic shape and one of the best choices if you are looking for an all-round check shirt as it is comfortable.
- Slim Fit: Slim fits are designed to fit your body. It’s not slim, but it’s figure-hugging. It gives you that sporty, elegant look.
- Comfort Fit: This shape is wider and cut larger. It gives you that oversized look and allows you the appropriate freedom of movement.
- Modern Fit This shirt cut is created to give you that confidence as it is loose but still fits your body.
No matter what your body type is, there is always a cut that supports your feminine body so you can feel beautiful in your own way.
Design and style
The design and style of a check shirt for ladies can vary from supplier to supplier and designer to designer. Here in this section, it’s not just about its colour, fit or material. More essential here are the little things that can have an impact on your buying decision. Like the long-sleeved or short-sleeved cut, the button shape, the collar shape, the breast pocket or even the size.
All of the above criteria can have an influence on the look you want to create with your checked shirt. But again, every woman is different. Preferences are different.
Check shirt for women: The most important questions answered
In the upcoming section, the famous Q&A is presented so that you are fully informed about the check shirt and can confidently present yourself as a fashionista.
What can I do with a women’s check shirt to have a simple yet different look?
It’s no wonder most women love the check shirt. With just a pair of jeans, a basic shirt and a check shirt, you can easily make it through three days and look different. So what can you do with a women’s check shirt? You can either unbutton the first two buttons of your checked shirt, or tie the checked shirt around your waist, or simply use the checked shirt as a thin jacket. And with just this simple guideline, you can have a casual and different look.
What items can women combine with a women’s check shirt?
Here we list some items that you can use to combine with your women’s check shirt.
- Skinny jeans or even flare jeans
- Faux leather trousers
- Basic shirt (can be in any colour)
- Band shirt
- High-waist shorts
- White sports shoes
As you may notice yourself, you can combine the women’s check shirt with many items that you may already have at home. It always depends on what look you want to create, once you know that, you can mix and match your style around.
Will women still be wearing check shirts in 2020/2021?
Of course, plaid shirt for women is in this century. Check shirt for women is never out of trend and is even especially trendy during the autumn season. The reason why you still need a women’s check shirt is its number one feature, comfort. Moreover, you can combine a check shirt with almost any item to create a versatile style.
Nowadays, it’s not even enough to have a check shirt. The check pattern is even more widespread and can be found on bags, jackets, scarves, trousers and skirts.
Why is a check shirt a must for women?
The reason why you still need a women’s check shirt is its number one feature, comfort. Also, you can pair a check shirt with almost anything to create a versatile style.
Styling tips for women’s check shirt: How to look amazing in check shirt
All over the internet, you see that you can create different looks with women’s check shirt. Here are some recommendations you can follow to achieve the different looks you have in mind.
- Urban Style: For this earthy yet modern look you only need three things, a pair of jeans, a pair of boots and simply a checked shirt in shades of red and black.
- Punk Style: To create this punk look, you need an oversized check shirt with a colour that looks slightly used. You can combine this with vintage jeans or even ripped jeans. Finally, you can complement it with a Converse shoe.
- Business style: For a chick-business look, simply pair your women’s check shirt with a blazer. The trick is to find a check shirt with a lightweight material, even better if it matches the colour of your blazer.
- Casual style: For a casual look, you need to find a women’s check shirt that fits your body and pair it with your favourite jeans. You can either unbutton the first two buttons of your check shirt, or tie the check shirt around your waist, or simply use the check shirt as a thin jacket. And with just this simple guideline, you can have a casual look.
Now you can try out the different styles and find out for yourself which is the best look for you.
The women’s check shirt was discovered a few years ago and can still be found in almost every woman’s wardrobe. The reason why most women are attracted towards check shirt is the beneficial aspect like style and comfort and is considered as a perfect all-rounder. To have the right choice for the desired style, there are numerous buying criteria from which you can distinguish the check shirt. A check shirt can change your style significantly, whether a casual look or a smart business look, every woman can simply rely on the check shirt.
(Image source: Anastasiia Tarasova / unsplash.com)