You can find a bracelet for women both “offline” in a jeweller’s shop and “online” on the internet. But not all bracelets convince with good quality and fit exactly to the buyers. However, the bracelet is a real classic among jewellery, which is made in different designs and from different materials.
The right jewellery is very important for a woman’s outfit, because no matter whether in the office or in leisure time, every style can be improved with the right piece of jewellery. The bracelets are especially good as a gift to show your love or friendship to someone.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The best Women´s Bracelet: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying bracelet for ladies?
- 4 Bracelet for ladies: The most important questions answered
- 5 Conclusion
The best Women´s Bracelet: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying bracelet for ladies?
Choosing a bracelet can sometimes be a difficult decision. Since the offer on the market is huge, you should be able to distinguish the good bracelets from the bad ones.
To make your decision to buy a bracelet for ladies better and easier, we have listed the four most important buying criteria for you.
They are as follows:
- Quality and design
- Closure and functions
Below we show you how to choose the perfect bracelet.
A bracelet for ladies can be made from different materials. The materials can be processed in such a way that both thicker and wider as well as thin and narrow bracelets can be made.
Generally, you distinguish between bracelets made of five different materials. These are as follows:
- Bracelets for women made of wood: Here the material can be processed excellently. Wood can easily be dyed and then lacquered, so your bracelet will last for a long time.
- Bracelets for women made of plastic: Often pieces of jewellery are made of plastic and therefore there are different variations on the market. Due to the numerous processing possibilities of plastic, a high-quality bracelet does not look cheap.
- Bracelets for ladies made of precious metals: These are the so-called classics of bracelets. Whether made of gold, silver, stainless steel or rose gold, all these bracelets are very popular. The shapes can easily be designed according to taste, such as engraved, open or double curved.
- Stone bracelets for ladies: Making bracelets from different stones is also a perfect option to style these jewellery pieces. The numerous variations of stones in different colours make each bracelet not only phenomenal but give it very elegant look.
- Bracelets for ladies made of bone: Bone bracelets for ladies are a very popular material especially for thick and wide jewellery pieces. The processing of this material gives them a shiny and chic look.
Depending on the material used, the jewellery can get different basic features, which then get even more eye-catching and beautiful looks with further processing.
The bracelet is a piece of jewellery that is used in daily use as well as for fancy events. To find your perfect bracelet that suits your own taste, it is necessary to know the right size. It goes without saying that depending on your gender and weight, the size of your wrist may differ. This can also be influenced by other factors, such as the bone structure of the wrist.
You can measure your wrist very precisely in the following steps:
- Put your fingers together
- Wrap a tape measure around your wrist
- Check the size where the tape reaches zero
- For local and wider bracelets Add two centimetres extra
- For narrower bracelets add an extra one centimetre
For certain models of bracelets, such as bangle models and tennis bracelets, you should pay attention to the shape your hand takes when you put it on. It is actually measured that the average size of the wrist is 18 cm for women and 20 cm for men.
Quality and design
Usually, the quality of the bracelet differs significantly for a single reason, namely because different materials are used. However, you can assume that the most popular bracelets are wide and sturdy, because they are made very thick, especially in the thickness. But here you can also find naturally thin and narrow bracelets that offer excellent quality.
Hard bracelets made of precious metals are very robust. The big advantage here is that they do not have individual components, but are processed from one larger piece. However, one disadvantage to mention here is that a lot of force is needed to deform the bracelet.
Wooden bracelets offer the great advantage that no deformation is generally necessary. On the other hand, it should not be underestimated that scratches can quickly appear. Bone jewellery is very similar to wooden bracelets and occupies almost the same textures.
Stone bracelets are very robust and there is no danger of scratching. Even breaking the piece of jewellery is out of the question here, as it is very stable and solid. An exception here are the so-called bracelets made of serpentine, which are more fragile due to the material.
Furthermore, plastic bracelets are very cheap to buy and can be cleaned without any problems. However, such pieces of jewellery are not of such good quality.
In general, it can be said that the stone and bone bracelets are rather rare and hard to find. On the other hand, jewellery made of precious metals, wood and plastic are very popular and widespread, as these are mostly traditional models for everyday use.
Closure and functions
A stunning luxurious bracelet for fancy events or a traditional bracelet for your leisure time cannot stay in place without a proper clasp. We have summarised and detailed the most affordable bracelet clasps for you here:
- Tang buckles: Tang buckles are most commonly used on plastic and leather bracelets. They are usually made of metal and consist of a spike in the shape of a pin that is inserted through the holes in the bracelet. The great advantage here is that you can shorten the length of your bracelet according to your own needs.
- Butterfly folding clasp: Compared to pin clasps, butterfly clasps look very elegant and modern. They are easier to open and close and consist of two metal clasps that open to the left and right.
- Folding clasp: They consist of only one metal bar and open only in one direction. A special feature here is that some folding clasps have pushers attached to the side to make opening easier. Most clasps, however, have a matching spring bar to open the clasp. The most popular material for fold over clasps is metal.
- Safety folding clasps: Furthermore, like folding clasps, folding clasps are only opened on one side, either on the left or right side. This clasp has an additional safety bar that you can open and close differently. This means that the bracelet will never open unintentionally.
After we have explained the issues of security and functionality, you should definitely make sure that the clasp to your taste also matches your bracelet visually.
Bracelet for ladies: The most important questions answered
Choosing the right bracelet is not always easy. That is why we have answered the most important questions on the subject of bracelets for women.
When is the bracelet for ladies used?
Plastic bracelets are particularly suitable for everyday wear. These are preferred by ladies nowadays in larger and wider shapes. The bright and colourful pieces of jewellery give your outfit a very specific colour accent.
For the working day, chic, stylish bracelets are more suitable, as are simpler pieces of jewellery made of silver or stainless steel. Wooden bracelets are also very suitable for this purpose, because you can combine them perfectly with your outfit.
For a festive occasion, solid bracelets made of precious metals are very suitable. A mixture of different precious metals, such as gold and rose gold, looks very modern and elegant. You should pay a lot of attention to the slender models that accentuate the refinement in a lady.
Can I design a bracelet for ladies myself?
- First you should cut a piece of the twine about 50 cm and about 180 cm long and attach it to the eyelet with the help of a loop.
- You should place the right thread over both centre threads to the left and pull it.
- Next, place the left thread over both centre threads to the right and pull.
- Cut the outer threads with 5 cm.
- Thread the clasp hook onto the centre band and pull both bands together.
In this way your macramé bracelet is made. An advantage here is that you can choose the length of the bracelet yourself. It is also possible to make several bracelets in different colours yourself, which look even more elegant together.
How do I clean the bracelet for ladies?
- Precious metals: Precious metals are usually easy to clean. All you need to do is clean them with a detergent or under subsonic pressure and remove all stains and deposits. Here it is very important, when you have finished cleaning your bracelet, to use special polishing cloths to avoid scratches and damage.
- Stone: This type of bracelet is the easiest to clean. You should only wash the piece of stone jewellery well under water and a little soap and the bracelet will have an impressive appearance again.
- Wood: Here, cleaning is a little more difficult. You need either specific care products that are exactly suitable for wood or oil. To improve the effect of oil when cleaning your piece of jewellery, you should roughen the wood very slightly. This will make your bracelet shine again.
- Bone: Cleaning a bone bracelet is very similar to cleaning a piece of jewellery made of wood. The material made of bone is very sensitive and unfortunately cannot be cleaned in a very basic way. Otherwise there is a risk of scratching or damaging them. They are usually cared for with oil.
- Plastic: Bracelets made of plastic are still easy to clean. They are usually cleaned under water, even without detergent, and are thus ready for use again. But you should be careful here, because scratches and marks are irreparable.
Basically, the cleaning of the bracelet is very dependent on the material. Most materials can be cleaned very easily and quickly. However, if you want to be on the safe side and do not want to clean your jewellery yourself, you can always take your bracelet to a professional.
Bracelets are available in numerous variations. This means that there are unlimited possibilities for combining a piece of jewellery that is personalised and made to your taste. The intended use of the bracelet comes first and therefore the material, design and colour are enormously important.
Furthermore, you should also think about what size and width and what kind of clasp will suit your bracelet.
It is also important to consider whether you are buying a bracelet for leisure or for a cocktail evening. Wide and large pieces of jewellery made of plastic are particularly suitable for everyday wear, on the other hand, the narrow and elegant bracelets made of precious metals fit quite well for a festive occasion.
Image source: unsplash.com / Marcos Luiz