How we pick our products
Welcome to the Wellness Guide! Today we are going to talk about a toy that brings more benefits than you can imagine: the toy kitchen. By simulating the act of cooking, both boys and girls have fun while developing creativity and learning. With the popularity of this toy, today there are several models. That is why, in this article we will show you what you should consider before buying the ideal toy kitchen.
- 1 First, the most important thing
- 2 The Best To Kitchens: Our Picks
- 3 Buying Guide
- 3.1 What is a toy kitchen?
- 3.2 Why is it important to play kitchen?
- 3.3 Why does cooking together with children strengthen bonds?
- 3.4 What precautions should I take when playing with a toy kitchen?
- 3.5 What are the advantages of the toy kitchen?
- 3.6 How much does a toy kitchen cost?
- 3.7 Where to buy a toy kitchen?
- 4 Purchase Criteria: What to consider when choosing a toy kitchen
First, the most important thing
- The toy kitchen teaches the child about food, colours and shapes, as well as developing socialisation and the expression of emotions.
- Nowadays there are several options, from the simplest to the most complete and realistic.
- We will show you which features differentiate one model from another and how to choose the best toy kitchen.
The Best To Kitchens: Our Picks
Buying the toy kitchen may seem simple. But with so many models it is necessary to consider some factors to purchase the one that will actually entertain and teach children. That is why we have created this Buying Guide with all the information you will need to make the best decision when investing in the ideal toy kitchen.
What is a toy kitchen?
The fact is that by creating an environment with a cooker, refrigerator, cutlery and many other utensils that exist in a real kitchen, a child not only has fun, but develops important skills. Due to its importance and success among the little ones, nowadays it is possible to find versions of the toy that are closer and closer to reality. Not infrequently, you will find the toy kitchen with parts and accessories that really work, further stimulating the child to develop creativity and learning. In addition, it is possible to find toy kitchens in a variety of sizes and themes.
Why is it important to play kitchen?
- Emotional development: Children learn that cooking, even as a game, is an act of love, of caring for others and of giving of oneself.
- Relationship with the environment: It is essential that children understand that the food they eat does not come from supermarket shelves, but is produced and/or planted. By playing at cooking, they interact and learn the value of healthy food.
- Pleasant food: When children start playing at cooking, they begin to have an intimate relationship with food. Curiosity also opens doors for new experiments. In other words, with a simple game, even the act of eating can be transformed. After all, it is not uncommon for mums and dads to face difficulties in introducing new foods into their children’s meals. Playing with a toy kitchen can be a playful and effective tool to help you through this important process.
Why does cooking together with children strengthen bonds?
It will also be a good opportunity to playfully show the little ones how to cut a food, how to mix it or even how to cook it. It is also at this moment that you can learn more about your child’s taste in food, understand their limitations and find solutions so that they can interact better with food.
What precautions should I take when playing with a toy kitchen?
Care should be even stricter when it comes to very young children, from 2 to 4 years old. This is because some toy kitchens may contain very small parts that can be ingested or introduced by the child itself, either in the mouth, ear or nose. Therefore, experts recommend that you are always nearby supervising very young children during play.
What are the advantages of the toy kitchen?
Another advantage of the toy kitchen is that it gives children a sense of responsibility when cooking and feeding their dolls, cleaning dishes and organizing utensils. But there are also some disadvantages to the toy kitchen. Nowadays, the most complete models, and especially the life-size ones for children, can cost a lot. Below, you can see the main advantages and disadvantages of toy kitchens:
How much does a toy kitchen cost?
Where to buy a toy kitchen?
Purchase Criteria: What to consider when choosing a toy kitchen
With so much variety available in the market, it can be difficult to choose the ideal toy kitchen that still fits in your budget. Therefore, it is necessary that you understand what are the features that differentiate one model from another. To do so, we have selected for you the main factors that should be taken into account before buying the toy kitchen:
Below, we will explain each of these factors for you to make the best decision and invest in the ideal toy kitchen.
Size is the first factor you should take into account before buying the toy kitchen for children. This criterion will influence not only how the child will interact with the toy, but also the final price. You can find the toy kitchen in different sizes: from miniature to real size (for kids). The miniature toy kitchen can be a good choice for children from two years old and up. However, this model is one that requires more attention from adults. Because it contains very small parts, there is a greater risk of accidents. To give you an idea, a small toy kitchen can measure about 19.4cm high, 68.2cm wide and 15.1cm deep.
A medium size toy kitchen is approximately 89cm high, 38cm wide and 63cm deep. The largest and most complete model can be 1.19m high, 35.5cm wide and 1.01m deep. To make the right choice, we also recommend that you take into consideration both the available space you have at home and the size of the child. After all, there’s no point investing in a large toy kitchen if the child can’t reach the higher parts. This also goes for very small kitchens. This model may not be attractive to children who are already older and need more realistic objects to arouse their interest.
After choosing the ideal size of the toy kitchen, we recommend that you take into account the model available. Nowadays, there is a wide variety of models. But to give you an idea, we have listed below the two most popular toy kitchen models:
- Simple worktop with sink and cooker
- Bench complete with cupboards and seating area
The model that comes with just the sink countertop and cooker is usually simpler, but it can still be the best option to start playing with children between 2 and 4 years old. In general, this model does not contain so many parts and appliances. The complete toy kitchen, on the other hand, can come with a seating bench or extended bench with cupboard, as well as shelves and a wide range of appliances. In this case, the toy is also usually bigger, which can be ideal for children from 4 years old on.
Another factor you should note is the amount of accessories and parts that come with the toy kitchen. Of course, the more accessories, the better the game will be. Not to mention that the cost benefit is also higher. After all, if you buy the accessories separately you will certainly pay more for it.
You will find the toy kitchen containing parts like cooker, refrigerator, microwave, sink, cabinets, shelves, sitting benches, among others. In addition, you will find models that include between 10 and 40 pieces such as, for example: pans, cutlery, glasses, plates, lying foods and so on.
We also recommend that you look at the theme of the toy. After all, this may be another factor that will stimulate the child’s interest. Currently, you will find options with the theme of princesses, characters from children’s stories and even food truck, in which the child can play prepare and sell the food.
(Fonte da imagem destacada: Natala Standret / 123rf)