How we pick our products
In today’s article we will talk about an item that can be strictly functional or give that highlight that your studio or sewing corner needs: the sewing machine table.
It is common that people who love to cut and sew have special affection for their machines. And nothing better than a good sewing machine table to keep the equipment well accommodated, perfectly safe and ready for use.
In this review we will present the most interesting models of sewing machine tables on the market, and give you tips and guidelines so you can choose the product that best meets your needs and expectations.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The best Sewing Machine Table: Our Picks
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 Purchase Criteria: How to compare sewing machine table models
- The market offers a multitude of models of sewing machine tables, from the simplest to the most sophisticated, with various colours and even accessories. Choose based on the model of your sewing machine, your usage intentions, the space available to install the product and the design.
- Material, size, height, design, accessories and extra functionality are among the main aspects you should evaluate when choosing your ideal sewing machine table.
- It is possible to find basic sewing machine tables, without many details. However, models with sophisticated designs, special materials and renowned brands can be more expensive.
The best Sewing Machine Table: Our Picks
A good sewing machine table safely accommodates your equipment, providing a multi-purpose and functional surface for your sewing activities. In this section we will present the 4 coolest models of the product available on the market. Check out the list:
In addition, we will help you with topics on the characteristics you should pay attention to in order to choose your ideal sewing machine table.
What is a sewing machine table?
They were made with a cast iron structure coupled to a wooden top, which already gave structure to the equipment and did the work of a table, eliminating the use of separate tables.
Today there are still sewing machines on the market with built-in fixed support, but these are usually more expensive and heavy, and not practical at all, since they are not easy to transport. Domestic or portable models, on the other hand, have smaller dimensions, and can be transported more easily.
However, they need to be supported on a surface that enables safe and proper handling. This is where sewing machine tables come in. Basically, there are two types: simple or built-in, where the top is cut out exactly to fit the machine.
What are the advantages of using a sewing machine table?
The table also provides an extra work surface where you can support and cut fabrics, store utensils, among other activities.
They are usually compact, but the fact of having an extra piece of furniture can be a disadvantage.
What to observe before choosing the best sewing machine table?
- Start by analyzing and defining the place where the table will be placed. Models too large or wide, for example, may not fit or end up being disproportionate in some spaces.
- Take the measurements of the machine and the space and compare with the table. This way you avoid the frustration of buying the product and only later realizing that it is not the right size for your machine or for the place chosen to house it.
- Also pay attention to the height of the sewing machine table. It should provide a comfortable position for working, and it should also be compatible with the chair that will be used together. Make sure there is enough space in the table to accommodate the chair and its legs, otherwise the working position may be very uncomfortable.
- Check if the chosen model has a reinforced structure and has mechanisms to guarantee stability, such as antiskid points on the feet or differentiated design to accommodate the equipment. After all, you are buying the table to support your sewing machine. An unstable product can not only damage your equipment but also cause accidents.
- Finally, make sure that the model you choose has a functional design that pleases you visually and matches the rest of the decoration of the room.
Purchase Criteria: How to compare sewing machine table models
Unfortunately, everyone is bound to make a bad purchase from time to time. But of course, if you have followed this article this far, it is because you are interested in making a good purchase and choosing your sewing machine table like a pro.
Below we will present some characteristics that you should pay attention to when comparing models, types and brands of this product. And never forget: the best product for you is not always the best on the market, but the one that does what you need, the way you want it, with efficiency and good value for money.
After defining your needs, consider the following aspects to choose the sewing machine table that will best suit you:
Below reflect each point and understand the importance of considering these factors before choosing.
Sewing machine tables may be folding tables (cabinet), open or closed. The open type has a cut in the top to hold the sewing machine, while the closed type has a solid top.
There are specific versions for each type and brand of sewing machine, especially for cabinet and open models. Choose according to your equipment, always checking the dimensions of the table to make sure they really match your sewing machine.
Few things are more frustrating than choosing and buying a product thinking of the perfect corner for it and only later realizing that it is not in the right size to fit there. So, before choosing your sewing machine table define the place where it will be placed.
There are models in various measures, with more or less space beyond the accommodation of the machine.
Measure the space, especially the width and depth, to see if the chosen model is compatible.
For example, very large and sturdy tables may not fit in smaller spaces. In the same way, small and delicate tables may disappear or not provide the necessary support to handle the sewing machine.
Choose the height according to the chair that will be used. If it is adjustable, so much the better. On average, sewing machine tables are between 54 cm and 74 cm high.
The height of the table is important so that you maintain good posture while cutting and sewing your pieces on the machine.
The ideal position is one in which you can see the machine needle working without bending down and which allows your elbow to be three to four centimetres below the surface of the tabletop.
There are many sewing machine table designs on the market. Try to choose based not only on aesthetics and your personal taste.
Choose the table that not only pleases you aesthetically, but also has functionality. Height adjustment, folding tops, drawers, pedals and troughs are some of the design innovations that can be considered.
(Featured image source: Gussencion/ Pixabay)