How we pick our products
It feels like we don’t have enough hours in the day. Have you ever felt like that? It is a very common feeling. Many times we think we can remember everything, but we end up leaving several tasks undone. A diary can be the best solution. Organizational diaries are a key organizational tool to be more productive.
This way, you will be able to complete the tasks of your routines and also those that your school or work requires. Not only that, but you will also find more time for yourself and to do what you enjoy most.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The best Schedule: Our Picks
- 3 Buying guide: What you need to know about a planner
- 4 Purchase criteria
- 5 Conclusion
- It is possible to fulfill our daily obligations without forgetting any of them. With a personal diary, you will notice an exponential increase in your productivity.
- There are different types of diaries and different ways to use them. You will also be interested to know their advantages and disadvantages.
- In terms of presentation, you will love knowing all the options of diaries. They come in various sizes, weights, quality of coverage and there is even a smart version.
The best Schedule: Our Picks
Buying guide: What you need to know about a planner
A planner is an item that will boost your productivity. If you are one of those people who fill your walls with sticky notes or write confusing comments in your notebooks, you will want to use a diary. In the following lines, you will find everything you need to know.
How to use a diary?
It can even be an agenda, if you wish. However, the functionality will depend a lot on the format of the diary you choose. This will be decisive to adapt the diary to your reality.
The most important thing is that you put your personal stamp on it so that it is an unrepeatable diary that is true to your essence.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a personal organizer?
This organisational tool gives structure and shape to our tasks. Still, some users point out certain disadvantages, as you will see below.
Why should I buy a notebook?
One thing you should always keep in mind is that you are not only organizing your tasks, but also your life. You can buy them from many conventional outlets or through online retailers.
Moreover, the benefits and advantages are huge compared to what you pay for a diary.
What’s the best time of year to buy a planner?
You just need to consider a few criteria, such as format and design. If you buy a diary in the middle of the year, we suggest you choose one with a free structure and weekly or monthly view types.
This way, you will be able to include your activities and habits without limitations. These options abound on the market, so you will easily find your ideal planner.
What types of diaries are there?
|Physical agenda||Smart agenda|
|Format||In paper||In paper|
|Design||For all tastes||Minimalist and simple|
|Extra||Elastic band, stickers and internal pocket||Internal pocket, microfiber cloth and note scanning|
What are the alternatives to the diary?
|Version||Paper or digital||Paper||Paper|
|Design||For all tastes||Less variety in design||Minimalist and simple|
|User||Mostly students||Everyone||Mostly students and professionals|
|Extra||Large size, intuitive and weekly view||Soft cover, no specific view and ideal for making lists||Basic, with inside pocket and daily or weekly view|
Buying a diary can be a strenuous task. This is especially true if you do not already know the most important points to consider.
When deciding which diary to buy, the type of view is very important to avoid wasting money. Take your time, there are other types of views that fit your organisational system, such as the following.
- Daily: This view is ideal if you have to organize your day in blocks with homework, meetings, virtual events, habit and leisure records, etc. It is ideal for people who like to keep detailed records.
- Weekly: Allows you to visualize your entire week and plan without overloading yourself. You will recognise the busiest days of the week and do additional tasks on later days, such as a Saturday or Sunday.
- Monthly: exists in grids or linear presentations. Both allow you to record the highlights of the day. Also includes other views, such as weekly or daily.
You should consider size when making your purchase, especially if you’re going to be on the move with it. Keep in mind that you will be carrying it in your hand, purse or backpack. In the following comparison table you can find some technical features.
|Dimensions||29.7 x 42 cm||21 x 29.7 cm||14.8 x 21 cm||10.5 x 14.8 cm|
|View||Weekly and monthly||Daily, weekly and monthly||Daily||Weekly and daily|
|Extra||Detachable or magnetic desk planner.||Ringed, refillable and with multiple layouts.||Hard or soft cover, spiral bound and multiple layouts.||Hard cover, soft cover and various layouts.|
One of the technical specifications that will make a difference is the weight of the sheets. This is critical and can limit creativity. Taking into account the thickness or weight of the sheet is a relevant factor.
The diary sheet should allow you to write with gel pens, colour markers, watercolour ink, glue on magazines or book cut-outs etc.
For this reason, we recommend that you choose diaries with a weight of more than 80 grams to be able to do what you have previously written.
Quality of the cover
Are you the type of person that carries your diary wherever you go? Then the quality of the cover should be superior. On the other hand, you can choose a lightweight cover if these details don’t matter to you. More information about covers is given below.
- Soft cover: Characterised by a more flexible cover. It is usually made of the same material as the sheets, but thicker and with a design.
- Hardcover: Characterised by having a matte texture, padded, cushioned, polyurethane, linen or leather.
There is a wide variety of designs on the market. In this list, you will find the most common themes and functions:
- Minimalist graphics, characters from series and films.
- Ample space to write.
- Motivational phrases.
- Record of habits.
- Short and long term goals.
A diary is an organisational tool used from school through to adult life. Its main purpose is to act as a guide to fulfill your obligations.
It is characterised by a daily, weekly and monthly overview. By following our Shopping Guide, we hope you will be able to choose the right diary model for you. Remember that by using it, you will have more focus and progressive progress towards achieving your future goals. Plus, you’ll find it easier to increase your memory and creativity.
If you found this information useful, leave us a comment with your opinion. Don’t forget to share this article on your social networks with your friends who love productivity.
(Featured image source: Maximleshkovich: 65012329/ 123rf)