How we pick our products
It’s no secret that oranges are a vitamin bomb and rich in vitamin C. They help prevent colds. They help us to prevent colds and thus strengthen the immune system. However, the orange can do much more than just be eaten. Among other things, a high-quality orange oil can be extracted from the peel of the fruit, which can be used in many ways.
So that you too can be enthusiastic about the use of this oil and find the right one for your needs, we will first present various products in the following. Afterwards, we will answer all kinds of questions about orange oil so that we can clear up any uncertainties.
- 1 The most important facts
- 2 The Best Orange Oil: Our Picks
- 3 Buying and evaluation criteria for orange oil
- 4 Buying and evaluation criteria for orange oil
- 5 Conclusion
The most important facts
- The fruity-sweet aroma of orange oil adds that special something to many dishes, drinks and especially desserts.
- You can buy a small bottle of the essential oil for very little money. Since you usually only need a few drops, you will still get something out of it for a long time.
- When buying orange oil, you should pay close attention to its intended use, as not all orange oils are suitable for consumption.
The Best Orange Oil: Our Picks
Buying and evaluation criteria for orange oil
In order for you to find and then buy the right orange oil, there are some criteria you should consider. In the following, we will list the most important factors:
These are the essential factors that you should consider before buying in order to find the right orange oil for you. So that you know exactly what to look for, we will explain the individual factors in more detail below.
The most essential factor that you should consider before buying orange oil is its intended use. Because not all orange oils are the same! As you may have already noticed with our favourites, the intended uses can differ immensely.
You can use orange oil for cleaning, as a dressing for a salad or for aromatherapy. Depending on what you want to use the oil for, you should make sure that your product is suitable for that purpose. If you buy it for cosmetics, make sure that you do not have any allergies to the ingredient.
However, orange oil is not only differentiated by its intended use. The quantity to be purchased also plays an important role. There are now many different sizes of orange oil on the market.
Therefore, it would be advisable to consider in advance how often and how much of the oil you will use. Depending on this, you can decide before buying whether a small bottle is sufficient or whether you need a larger bottle.
Proportion of orange oil
The amount of orange oil contained in a product can also vary from product to product. For example, essential oils are usually 100% orange oil, while others are mixed with other oils such as olive oil. You should also take this decision into account, as the proportions differ depending on the intended use.
You should also think about the component of the closure in advance. In the meantime, there are many different options available.
You have the choice between a usual cap that allows you to dispense drop by drop, a cap that can dispense more product at once or a pipette. The latter is particularly suitable for precise dosing.
Buying and evaluation criteria for orange oil
How is orange oil produced?
One litre of essential oil requires the ripe peel of 300 kilograms of oranges. However, the peels are a waste product from the production of orange juice, for example, which is why they are available in large quantities. This is why orange oil is also one of the most widely produced essential oils.
What does orange oil do?
- For consumption: Orange oil is particularly suitable for baking, refining dishes, drinks or desserts. The sweet, fruity oil can give a dish or your drink that certain something. However, the oil should never be consumed undiluted, as this can be life-threatening. The larynx can cramp and thus cause respiratory arrest. Diluted and in small quantities, however, it is harmless if you are not allergic.
- As a fragrance: Inhaling the fragrance relaxes the muscles and nerves. This in turn calms the nerves in stressful situations and gives a feeling of warmth and security. In this way, the appetite is stimulated and digestion is also promoted.
- In cosmetics: You can also mix a few drops of essential oil into your creams to give them a natural scent. This helps your skin to contract its pores, which in turn can have a degreasing effect. Also for applying a mask
How much does orange oil cost?
Can I make orange oil myself?
To keep the scent of the orange in your home for a long time, you could, for example, grate the peel and then let it dry. But in principle, it is possible to make orange oil on your own.
In summary, it can be said that orange oil is a liquid that can be integrated into everyday life in an incredibly versatile way. Either as a salad dressing, as a cleanser or as an essential oil to relax.
You should only think about this in advance, as the ingredients differ depending on the intended use. It is also important that you only use orange oils that are suitable for cooking or baking.
Products can also differ enormously in quantity, which is why you should be aware of how much you really need. Even a small bottle of essential oil can be used in large quantities, depending on the frequency of use, as usually only a few drops are needed per use.
(Cover photo: serezniy / 123rf)