Casual shoes for men come in a variety of styles. There is something for every taste and every occasion. With a low shoe, every man is well dressed and can demonstrate his sense of style. A survey showed that men have an average of 10 pairs of shoes in their shoe closet.
A pair of low shoes is a must. When choosing a pair that suits you, it depends on how you want to combine your low shoes with other items of clothing and which fit is suitable for you.
- 1 The Best Men’s Loafers: Our Picks
- 2 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying low shoes for men
- 3 Low shoes for men: The most important questions answered
The Best Men’s Loafers: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying low shoes for men
Low shoes for men are available in a wide variety of styles. It is not easy to choose the right shoe from this wide range. In the following, we have therefore researched for you what you should look out for when buying. These are the following buying criteria:
The following sections show you what to look for in the individual criteria.
Low shoes for men come in many different variations. The bottom line is for which occasion you need a pair of new low shoes. You can buy low shoes for the office, for leisure or for sporting activities. Simple and elegant low shoes in subtle colours are suitable for the office and business meetings with clients.
These go particularly well with a classic men’s suit in subtle colours. More sporty low shoes are suitable for leisure time. Loafers, which are particularly easy to put on and take off, are especially popular. Low shoes with laces are suitable for sports activities. This ensures that the shoe fits perfectly and cannot slip when jogging or hiking.
Low shoes are available in different materials. The decisive factor here is again what you need new low shoes for. Is it getting autumnal and you want a pair of warm and weatherproof low shoes?
Then low shoes made of leather are particularly recommended. For summer, on the other hand, low shoes made of airy materials such as synthetics or cotton are suitable. These can be combined particularly well with shorts and shirts.
When it comes to colours, there are no limits when it comes to low shoes. Black and brown are inconspicuous options for the office. You can’t go wrong with dark and muted colours for the job. For particularly hip men who like to stand out, more striking low shoes in bright colours and patterns are suitable.
When choosing your new low shoes, it is important to pay attention to the right fit. Everyone has different feet and therefore needs different shoes so that the shoes do not pinch or pinch. Low shoes are available in different widths from normal to medium to extra wide.
You should therefore know how wide your feet are and when looking for a suitable low shoe you should pay attention to the information about the fit.
If you want to pay attention to sustainability, you will also find suitable models here. There are many low shoes for men that advertise sustainable production and sustainable materials for the shoes. You should also include this point in your purchase decision.
Low shoes for men: The most important questions answered
The large number of men’s low shoes and the various criteria according to which you can make a decision give you an idea of how difficult it can be to choose a pair of men’s low shoes. To help you make the right decision, we have compiled the most important questions about men’s low shoes below.
What styles of low shoes are available for men?
- Business low shoes: Business shoes are particularly suitable for the office and business appointments. Business low shoes for men impress with their simplicity and discreet colours such as black, dark blue and grey. High-quality leather is often used for the materials. This can be reflected in the price. Business low shoes are usually lace-up. This increases comfort and the fit.
- Casual lowshoes: Casual low shoes can be worn for the office and for leisure. There are lace-up and slip-on models, as well as different colours and materials. If you only have business appointments from time to time and like to wear comfortable shoes while being well dressed, a casual low shoe is suitable for you.
- Sporty low shoes: Sporty low shoes are suitable for you if you like to do sports and like hiking and cycling. Sporty low shoes for men are also ideal for long walks. Sporty low shoes offer a particularly high level of comfort thanks to their materials of leather or textile or a combination. They usually have a rubber sole and are usually laced up. This allows the shoes to fit your foot particularly well. If you don’t like boring low shoes, you can choose a model with eye-catching colours.
- Moccasins: Moccasins have an elegant look and are therefore particularly suitable for the office. Every man also cuts a good figure in moccasins for leisure time. They differ from other low shoes in that they have a particularly soft inner lining and are therefore very comfortable.
- Loafers: Loafers are low shoes that you can slip into easily, as the name suggests. There are loafers without laces with an elastic fabric part. In addition, there are loafers with laces, whereby these are only meant to look as if they can be tied. Loafers come in different materials and styles.
If you are not sure which type of men’s low shoe suits you best, it is advisable to try them all out once. Depending on the occasion, it may also be a good idea to have several men’s low shoes in different directions to be prepared for every eventuality and season.
How do I know if my low shoe fits well?
- Your foot should not slide back and forth in your loafer.
- The toes should have a little space between them and not hit the front of the loafer.
- The shoes should have the right fit and not pinch. It is advisable to check if you need shoes with a special width.
- The low shoes should not be too tight so that they can be worn with socks.
- If you are not sure which size is best, try on different sizes.
- If you plan to wear your low shoes for a long time at a stretch, you should look for models with a footbed.
- You should generally look at the quality of shoes rather than the price.
It is advisable to try on low shoes in different sizes to determine the ideal size and fit for your feet. You should bear in mind that men’s low shoes from different brands can vary in size.
How do I care for and clean my men’s low shoes?
Under no circumstances should you simply clean your low shoes with a wet cloth. You should clean your leather shoes with a special leather brush. Water-repellent shoes can be cleaned with water. Special brushes and cleaning agents are also suitable for low shoes made of fabric and synthetics.
Can men’s low shoes be worn all year round?
Men’s low shoes are closed shoes that can generally be worn all year round. Waterproof models that are easy to clean are particularly suitable for winter.
Styling tips for men’s low shoes: How to achieve the perfect look
- You should generally make sure to match the colour of your outfit with your low shoes.
- Elegant low shoes in black or brown go particularly well with a high-quality men’s suit.
- Sporty men’s low shoes can be combined with jeans and shorts, depending on your personal taste.
- If you want to upgrade your look, then eye-catching socks are suitable with your casual low shoes.
- Moccasins go well with casual shirts and airy material like linen.
These styling ideas can help you to combine your new low shoes correctly. In particular, you can incorporate your own taste and personal style.
Men’s low shoes are a perfect all-rounder for every season and should not be missing from any shoe wardrobe. They are suitable for the office, for leisure and for sporting activities. You can choose between different models and materials.
You should feel comfortable in your low shoe and be able to convey this feeling to the outside world by choosing a model that is suitable for you. The most important criteria by which you should choose your low shoes are therefore the quality and the fit. By styling them appropriately, you can put together a personal outfit that suits you.
Sources: unsplash & 123rf