How we pick our products
We know that your image is of great importance to you and that you are always aware of which are the best products to keep your body slim and perfect, so today we want to talk about girdles and every feature you need to know about them.
A product that will be the best of your allies when you want to get rid of those extra pounds or simply to improve your posture. In addition, today we will not only talk about each aspect that make up the girdles, but also about the wide variety of models that exist in the market.
We must know very well every aspect of the products we buy, so we will always seek to provide you with the information that we believe is more than necessary so that at the time of making your purchase you feel completely safe and above all comfortable with the choice you made.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The best Girdle: Our Picks
- 3 Buying Guide: What you need to know about Girdles
- 4 Purchasing Criteria
- Girdles are a type of clothing that has a much smaller size with respect to its length. They have a strap or band, which is usually placed around the waist of the wearer. Girdles can be made of different materials and can be designed for different problems.
- Girdles have a great variety of models, however, the main points of comparison are made between moulding and sport girdles, which can be differentiated according to their price, their function, among other aspects.
- As with all types of products, it is important to know all the aspects that characterize it, as well as the different aspects that you should take into account before making your purchase, such as the types of fabric, sizes, among others, as it would make your purchase much easier for you.
The best Girdle: Our Picks
Buying Guide: What you need to know about Girdles
Knowing perfectly an article that we want to acquire is what will allow us to make the best choice, so today we have prepared a buying guide with the necessary information for you, so that at the time of acquiring your product you feel completely satisfied.
What is a girdle?
They can be made of different types of fabric, of course, the ones that stand out the most are those with a composition of 20% cotton and 80% powernet. Other models are made of lycra, latex or cotton fabric.
What are the advantages?
Another great advantage of girdles is that, as they are made with different types of fabric, they give us the opportunity to acquire the one that best suits our body and the one that is much more comfortable to the touch of our skin, because we want to look slim, but at the same time we want to feel totally comfortable.
Body shapers or sports girdles – what should you look out for?
- Shaping girdles: Shaping girdles are purchased when you want to give your body a new figure, either to generate curves or to reduce belly fat. Among this type of girdles you can find many variations, but without a doubt all of them have a totally aesthetic purpose.
- Sports girdles: This type of girdle is considered a great help to prevent injuries when doing physical activity, as they keep our posture completely straight to avoid bad postures when exercising. Among this type of girdle there are also many models designed for different functions and areas of the body.
|Body shaping girdles||Sports girdles|
|Main function||Body shaping||Improve posture|
What are fabric girdles and latex girdles?
These girdles are made of a composition of two types of fabric. They have approximately 20% cotton fabric and the rest is made with powernet, which is a type of material or technology created through fabrics that seek to bring the greatest possible freshness and comfort to your body.
The powernet is made of lycra fabric and spandex, which are mostly known for having a high level of elasticity and when joined together, this capacity increases, as well as being much more resistant.
Latex girdles are also made of combinations, which are made of cotton fabric, lycra and of course, latex. We know the latter very well because it is always present in garments that have a great capacity for stretching or elasticity.
These girdles are really comfortable to use, and you can even use them to carry out each of your physical activities without being afraid of an accident or, in extreme cases, of tearing them, as they will provide you with the security you need at all times.
It is of great importance to know every aspect that make up the products we wish to purchase, as well as taking into account different factors that can make your purchase totally successful and completely satisfactory.
Type of fabric
Girdles are not only differentiated by their sizes and functions, but also by the type of fabric they are made of. The best thing you can do before buying your ideal girdle is to evaluate which type of fabric will suit you best when using it on a daily basis.
- Cotton fabric: This fabric, so soft and comfortable, is used to make almost all types of girdles, as it gives you the comfort you need, although it is usually only found in 20% of the girdle, except in the bust and buttocks enhancement girdles, which have 60% of this fabric.
- Nylon: Nylon fabric is defined as a fairly elastic and resistant textile fibre. It is also considered very cool when it is present in a type of garment, in this case, girdles.
- Lycra: Lycra fabric or lycra, is always present in underwear and sportswear, because due to its great elasticity and softness are considered quite efficient to perform all kinds of movements with total comfort and freedom, in addition, they are really resistant.
Area of use
The best way to know which type of girdle is the most suitable for you is by evaluating which area of your body requires more firmness or support. To do this, you need to know which type of girdles are designed according to the area of your body.
The abdomen is one of the areas that you most want to correct when purchasing a girdle. For this area of the body, a torso and waist slimming girdle is recommended, as they will provide you with greater effectiveness.
The whole body, because there are also girdles dedicated to shaping the whole body and these range from the chest area to the calves, so if what you want is to correct your whole figure, these are the ones that suit you best.
Bust and buttocks: This type of girdle is specifically designed to enhance your bust or buttocks. They are smaller, but they take care at all times to maintain total firmness in these areas.
Type of fastening
The girdles usually have different systems to fasten them, which you should know perfectly, because it will depend on them that you feel in total comfort when using it; but you can keep calm, because today we will make sure that you know them perfectly.
- Zip: Zippered girdles are the most common. These are recommended for daily use, as it is easier to put them on and take them off, besides they are much more comfortable and adapt in a better way to your body, so it will be much easier to get used to use it daily.
- Snaps: The girdles that have snaps are more specialised for shaping the body more efficiently, as well as giving you a better posture (that is why most sports girdles have snaps), although they are not recommended for daily use. These girdles are more suitable for those who have some experience using them.
- Velcro: These types of girdles with Velcro are specifically designed for sports, as they are much easier to take off and put on, as well as being easier to adjust and provide great firmness.
Before buying your girdle, you have to take into account that there are different sizes and the best way to know which one suits you best is by measuring your waist and hips with the help of a tape measure.
The sizes that exist in the world of girdles are XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, and 3XL. Before making your purchase, you should carefully take your measurements to find out which size will best suit your body, as this will ensure that you feel completely comfortable at all times.
(Featured image photo: Chutima Chaochaiya / 123rf.com)