How we pick our products
Many people have the problem of not getting enough sleep. This problem can, unfortunately, cause dark circles under the eyes. Dark circles and bags under the eyes are two signs of extreme exhaustion, but, sometimes, you can’t help it. The good news is that there are a lot of eye creams for dark circles on the market that will help you look your best, no matter how much sleep you got.
Exhaustion is not the only reason for dark circles. You can develop these circles because of stress or maybe they were passed down to you by your family. Whatever the reason be, we are here to help you find the best eye cream on the market. Sounds interesting to you? Let’s go.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The Best Eye Cream for Dark Circles: Our Picks
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Eye Cream for Dark Circles
- 3.1 Why do I get dark circles and bags under my eyes?
- 3.2 Why do I need to use an eye cream for dark circles?
- 3.3 Does eye cream for dark circles work?
- 3.4 What are the pros and cons of using eye cream for dark circles?
- 3.5 How do I apply eye cream for dark circles?
- 3.6 When should I apply eye cream for dark circles?
- 3.7 How can I avoid dark circles or bags under my eyes?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Almost everyone has dark circles or bags under their eyes at some point in their life. As we mentioned in the introduction, these features can be caused by exhaustion, stress, age, or can even be passed down by the family.
- Eye cream for dark circles is mainly created for dark circles caused by stress or exhaustion, but it can also have a positive effect on people that have these features due to age or family.
- When purchasing an eye cream for dark circles, you will want to analyze some important factors to help you make the best choice possible. We will go over these factors at the end of the article in the section titled “Shopping Criteria.”
The Best Eye Cream for Dark Circles: Our Picks
When purchasing an eye cream, you might be worried about if it works or not. There is a variety of options on the market for you to choose from. You need to make sure you buy from a trust-worthy brand and check the ratings and reviews from other customers. These reviews often include before and after photos and photos of the product that might be helpful for you. In the following section, we have made a list of our favorite eye cream for dark circles available online. If one product in particular interests you, click on it, and you will be redirected to Amazon.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Eye Cream for Dark Circles
Why do I get dark circles and bags under my eyes?
When you are tired, your body produces more cortisol. This hormone breaks down collagen and causes your blood vessels to swell or constrict. Therefore, blood gets trapped under your eyes and stays there. The skin under your eyes is very thin. Therefore, this blood is seen as bags or dark circles.
Why do I need to use an eye cream for dark circles?
These treatments are created to reduce the swelling of the bags and to cover up the dark color that you might be experiencing. Also, eye creams for dark circles are often much less oily than face creams, which makes them less irritating to the eyes.
Does eye cream for dark circles work?
Not all types of dark circles will indeed respond well to the treatment. For example, if you have bluish circles under your eyes that have been caused by exhaustion or stress (or both), they are very easy to cover up. However, dark circles caused by age or passed down by a family member will take more work and may require retinol, organic silicon, or depigmenting to remove.
What are the pros and cons of using eye cream for dark circles?
How do I apply eye cream for dark circles?
Apply this product in the morning and at night before going to bed. Use the tips of your fingers. This will keep you from hurting your eyes. Start at the outer part of the eye and go in. Massage the cream into the skin very carefully until you reach the tear duct. It is important not to touch the tear duct. Also, make sure you apply this product to the skin under your eyes, not your eyelids.
When should I apply eye cream for dark circles?
It all depends on the brand that you purchase, but you should either use this cream before going to sleep at night, after waking up in the morning or the morning and at night. If you put makeup on, make sure to apply the treatment and wait a bit before. This will allow the product to absorb into the skin.
How can I avoid dark circles or bags under my eyes?
- Use sunscreen; it doesn’t even have to be a special sunscreen. You can use the same sunscreen that you use on your face.
- Get as much rest as you can. We know that this can be difficult, but you must get at least 6 hours of sleep every day. In a perfect world, you should sleep for 8 hours.
- Don’t smoke. This is horrible for the skin.
- Get some fresh air. Avoid air pollution as much as you can.
- Don’t rub your eyes, even if you are tired. This can cause the bags under your eyes to look much worse.
- When you remove your makeup, do it very carefully.
- Have a healthy diet. Consume a diet rich in healthy fats like olive oil, avocado, or nuts.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is extremely important to maintain healthy skin.
Welcome to the final section of our article. You have learned a lot about eye cream for dark circles. However, as we have already mentioned, to make sure that you buy an eye treatment that will work the best for you, you need to consider certain criteria. We have laid out these shopping criteria and expanded on each one to help you make the best purchase possible:
First of all, look at your skin. You probably already know that there are different skin types and not all products are made for all types. A dry skin type may require a hydrating treatment, while oily skin may need a lighter cream that will not add to the problem.
Another factor to consider is your age. Although people of all ages can develop bags under their eyes, your skin is different depending on how old you are. Younger people will require different types of products; they might be able to hide their dark circles with a little bit of foundation. However, if you are older, you will need extra nutrition.
Type of Dark Circles
Another vital factor when it comes to picking out the perfect eye cream for dark circles for you is what type of dark circles you have. Not all types respond well to this type of cream. Remember that eye cream for dark circles is made for people that have bags under their eyes or dark circles due to stress or lack of sleep.
On the other hand, if your eye bags are passed down to you from a relative or you have them due to old age, you need to look for special treatments that contain components like retinol, vitamin C, or vitamin K. There are even acids that block melanin production.
Eye cream for dark circles come in different textures. Therefore, you need to keep in mind what texture you prefer before making your purchase. For example, you can find gel, cream, and other types of treatments on the market. It all depends on what you and your skin need. There are even some treatments that come with menthol. This type of product will give you a cold sensation under your eyes and will help soothe swollen eye bags.
These products often come in different sizes of bottles. Most of them are quite small and only hold a few milliliters of treatment. This is because eye cream for dark circles can be expensive, and is easier to buy in smaller amounts. The size also makes it easier to apply the product correctly. Remember, you only need a drop the size of a grain of rice.
Keep in mind that if you buy a larger model, it may expire before you are done using it. You should look for a small model on the market that allows you to finish the product and get what you paid for.
Although it’s hard to believe, many people to this day still believe that purchasing eye cream for dark circles is a waste of money. There are even more people that don’t know that it is harmful to use normal body lotion or face cream on your eyes. If you care about your skin and suffer from eye bags, eye cream for dark circles is a must.
Contrary to common belief, these products work. We believe that you are now ready to buy one that is best for you and your skin. Now, it’s up to you. So, what are you waiting for?
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about eye cream for dark circles. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Featured Image Source: puhhha: 78852766/ 123rf.com)