How we pick our products
People love the freshly shaven look. It is no wonder that companies sell the most razors during summer. After all, you will be showing off more skin than usual and many people become more self-conscious about their body hair. Today we are going to be talking about electric razors, an item that will provide you with a quick, comfortable way to remove hair in your own home. You will be ready in minutes and keep that freshly shaven look for several days and even weeks. In this article, we will go over all of the information that you need to buy one of these amazing products.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The Best Electric Razor: Our Picks
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Electric Razors
- 3.1 Why should I use an electric razor?
- 3.2 Does it hurt to use an electric razor?
- 3.3 How should I prepare my skin before using an electric razor?
- 3.4 What is better: laser hair removal or electric hair removal?
- 3.5 If I use an electric razor, will my hair grow back thicker?
- 3.6 How long will it take for the hair on my legs to grow back after using an electric razor?
- 3.7 How do I clean my electric razor?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Electric razors temporarily remove body hair. You will have a smooth look for several days or even weeks.
- Many people are afraid that using an electric razor can be painful. However, we assure you that it only hurts a little bit the first few times you use this item and the pain is completely tolerable.
- When you decide to purchase an electric razor, you need to pay attention to certain criteria. We will go over these factors at the end of the article in the section titled “Shopping Criteria.”
The Best Electric Razor: Our Picks
There are quite a few different options on the market when it comes to electric razors. It is great to have various options but can also be intimidating and overwhelming. This is completely normal. We have created a list of our favorite electric razors currently available online. Each product is linked to Amazon where you can check the price, product description, user’s ratings, and more.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Electric Razors
Electric razors have been present in the beauty industry for quite some time now. However, there are still many people who have not tried this item out yet. Some people think of these items as intimidating and don’t even want to give them a try. We are here to help. We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about these useful items. Stay tuned.
Why should I use an electric razor?
- Easy to use: Electric razors are extremely easy to use; Even if you are a complete beginner, you’ll be an expert in no time. There are also no risks that come with using one of these items.
- Less irritation: Unlike other methods, like waxing or shaving with a normal razor, using an electric razor does not irritate the skin. These items pull the hairs and cut them from underneath. It might cause a bit of pain, but it will not leave your skin irritated.
- Inexpensive: We know that buying an electric razor is not cheap, but think about how much money you will be saving in the long run. You won’t have to buy endless razors and shaving cream and you’ll no longer have to go to the salon to get your legs waxed.
- Quick: An electric razor will save you time. On one hand, you won’t have to go to a salon. On the other hand, your hair will take more time to grow back. You won’t have to shave over and over again. After one shave, you should be good for a couple of weeks.
- Practical: Almost all of the items are quite small in size, so you will be able to take your electric razor with you wherever you go. Don’t worry about shaving before a long trip, just pack it up with you. Also, most models come with a special transportation bag.
- Eco-friendly: Normal, disposable razors and wax generate trash. If you are the type to worry about your impact on the earth, an electric razor is more eco-friendly than any other shaving method. This product is a must.
Does it hurt to use an electric razor?
As we have explained above, it is normal if it hurts the first few times. There are a few tricks that you can use to help you with this part of using an electric razor. First of all, we recommend that you exfoliate your skin before shaving. This will remove any dead skin cells. Also, try to not grow your hair out too much before shaving it. The longer your hair is, the more it will hurt.
How should I prepare my skin before using an electric razor?
- Take a bath or a shower right before you shave. This will help reduce friction and will also dilate your pores. Both of these factors will make hair removal easier.
- Exfoliate your skin weekly, or even a few hours before using your electric razor. This will help avoid any ingrown hairs. This will also help you keep your clean-shaven look for much longer.
- To get the best results, your hair should be about 3 millimeters long. Don’t let your body hair grow much more than this, or it might hurt more when shaving.
- It is important to hydrate your skin after using an electric razor. Although electric razors barely even irritate the skin, this will help you ease the pain or redness that you might have after shaving.
What is better: laser hair removal or electric hair removal?
If I use an electric razor, will my hair grow back thicker?
It is also possible that people believe this because when you shave, your hair usually grows back darker because it has not been exposed to sunlight yet, not because the razor is making the hair darker. To make things clear: using an electric razor does not make your hair come back thicker. It actually will remove your hair longer than other techniques.
How long will it take for the hair on my legs to grow back after using an electric razor?
On the other hand, the answer depends on your hair type and color. Dark hair, for example, can be seen before it even grows. Your body hair might grow faster than another person’s body hair. We say that you will usually have to shave about every 2 weeks, which is pretty good.
How do I clean my electric razor?
To clean your electric razor, first of all, you will need to unplug it. Then, take the headpiece off and clean it out with a brush. Many of these machines come with a special brush that you can use to safely clean it, but you can also use a toothbrush. Read the instructions, and, if the headpiece is waterproof, you can even wash it off under the faucet.
If you have reached this part of the article, you have learned a lot about these products. Although most electric razors look similar at first, each model is different. It is important to keep certain factors in mind when picking out your first razor. To help you with your purchase, we have laid out the most important shopping criteria:
Currently, it is difficult to find plug-in electric razors as most run on batteries. You will have to recharge your razor and keep in mind that while the razor is charging, you may not be able to use it. Read the product description and comments to see how long the product takes to charge. A good razor should charge in about forty minutes. Remember that many batteries lose their battery power after a while and will take longer to charge.
Remember that an electric charger is a machine that should last you many years, if you keep up with it and clean it correctly and when needed. Since it will last you such a long time, you will eventually need to replace some of the parts. This is why it is important to make sure that your razor comes with spare parts. Buying these parts separately can be frustrating and confusing.
The best brands on the market should come with extra parts that you can use. These parts will help you continue to use your razor for years and years to come. If you have found the perfect product, but it does not include these parts, simply contact the manufacturer.
Imagine choosing an electric razor and having it shipped to your house just to find out that it is difficult to use and uncomfortable. You need to understand that electric razors do hurt a bit, especially the first few times you use them, but the pain should be completely bearable. You need to look for a comfortable, ergonomic design that makes this process easier.
When you are getting ready to buy an electric razor, look at the handle and make sure that it will be comfortable for you to hold. It is a good idea to look through the reviews of the item to go over the opinions and experiences of other buyers. This way, you can decide if the razor will be a good fit for you.
We hope that this article has helped you with your choice. If you are still wondering if you should purchase an electric razor or not, remember that they are extremely practical and not very expensive. After shaving with one of these items, you will achieve a fresh, clean look that can last for weeks. We are confident that we have provided you with the correct information to help you choose the best razor for you. Now, it is up to you.
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about electric razors. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of featured image: Alexey Zatevahin: 122384030/ 123rf.com)