How we pick our products
To prepare the best roasts, having a quality oven is indispensable and, among the options available, the best electric oven is one that stands out the most. This product brings together a number of advantages.
It can bake food faster, costs less and can still be very compact and take up little space. So, if you want to know more about the electric oven keep reading.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The Best Electric Oven: Our Picks
- 3 Buying guide
- 4 Buying criteria: How to compare the best electric ovens
- 5 Summary
- There are countertop and built-in electric oven models. The countertop ones are smaller and more practical, while the built-in ones add to the decor of the kitchen and have high power.
- The size of this appliance is measured in litres and you can find options starting at 9 litres, and the largest ones exceed 40 litres.
- Another variation of the best electric ovens are convection ovens, which cook food in a faster and more uniform way.
The Best Electric Oven: Our Picks
The electric oven is still a household appliance which raises many questions. That’s why, in this buying guide, we will answer the most common questions about it.
What are the main types of electric oven?
- Built-in electric oven: As the name implies, this option of electric oven was developed to be placed inside a planned space. It is very common to install it between the cupboards in planned kitchens and its advantages are to save space and help decoration.
- Electric countertop oven: The countertop electric ovens are the most traditional ones. They are highly practical, as they can be placed anywhere, but are usually less powerful than built-in models.
Electric or gas oven: which one is better?
The best electric oven uses only electricity to operate. It has the advantages of providing greater temperature control, being available in various sizes and maintaining the heat for longer after being turned off.
The downside is that this appliance uses up to 40% more energy than gas appliances and takes longer to heat up. The gas oven can heat up and cool down more quickly, reaches higher temperatures and uses little energy. However, it is usually larger and does not offer such precise temperature control.
|Electric oven||Gas oven|
|Size||It is more compact||It is larger|
|Temperature control||Quite precise||It is more imprecise|
|Heating and cooling time||High||Low|
|Indication for use||Faster and smaller roasts||Large foods that require longer cooking time|
What is an electric convection oven?
How to clean the electric oven?
Cleaning the inside of the oven is also important. To remove all the grease, we recommend wiping the walls of the product with a soapy cloth and rinsing with a slightly damp cloth. Then simply replace the shelves and wipe the outside of the electric oven with an alcohol or degreasing agent.
Buying criteria: How to compare the best electric ovens
To choose the ideal electric oven, you need to analyse several features of this product. Therefore, check out below everything you should check before the purchase.
As with gas and microwave ovens, the size of the electric oven is determined in litres. To make the right choice, it is necessary to analyse which dishes you want to prepare in this product, and it is possible to find options starting at 9 litres.
The smaller models are only suitable for baking small foods, such as cheese bread, muffins and the like. On the other hand, for a more intense and complete use, those with 30 litres or more are recommended. These take up more space, but can be used for meat, pasta, cakes and many other recipes.
As we told you above, the electric oven ensures greater temperature control. To this end the models available can operate with different temperature ranges. In this way, the ideal is the one that best suits your needs.
There are options that offer as a minimum temperature 50ºC, while others start at 80ºC. As for the maximum temperature, some reach 300ºC, but there are ovens that do not exceed 280ºC. Therefore, check which temperature range is the most used in your recipes and choose the one that best suits it.
The shelves are of great value in order to correctly bake food in the electric oven. However, there are models which come with only one shelf, while other more complete models offer two shelves.
For practicality and optimization, it is better to invest in the options with two shelves, as they allow you to save time and energy. In addition, it is very interesting that the shelves are sliding, so the process of removing and placing products in the oven is easier and safer.
Functions and differentials
It is also interesting to analyze what are the additional functions performed by the electric oven. This is because they can be of great value in using this product. Thus, the most common are:
- Timer: allows you to set a time for the preparation of the recipe and turning off the oven.
- Internal lighting: Makes it easier to see what is being baked.
- Self-cleaning: These oven models have an internal coating on which fats settle and are automatically eliminated by steam. This keeps the appliance clean.
- Grill: For grilling cheese and browning meat.
- Defrosting: This is one of the most modern functions in the electric oven. It defrosts the food in a similar way to microwave ovens.
To work, the electric oven must be plugged into the wall socket. However, not all models available are bivolt. Therefore, it is always necessary to check if the option chosen works in the same voltage as your socket.
The electric oven is the ideal product for those who want to have at home an appliance that roasts the most diverse foods and takes up less space, since gas models are usually larger. In this article we have gathered all the information about this appliance.
Thus, those who are looking for one of these can make a wise choice to be able to take advantage of the electric oven to prepare delicious recipes. If you liked this content be sure to share with your friends. Thanks for your visit and come back often!
Image Source: Marcos Ramírez / Unsplash