How we pick our products
Today’s subject is door bars. We will explain and remove all doubts about the different models of this product that you can find in the market.
Doorbars are a great choice if you prefer to exercise without leaving the comfort of your own home. In addition to being very practical, they allow you to work more than one part of the body using the same equipment.
If you’re looking for ease and agility when it comes to bodybuilding, there are good door bar options that can meet your needs, and you’ll find them just below.
- The door bar solves the problems of lack of time when it comes to exercising the upper body members. The equipment can be used at any door, including inside the house or even at the office.
- The device has a very affordable cost, ranging from £65 to £250, and is easily found in major sporting goods shops and on the internet.
- The door bar is very simple to assemble and takes up very little space. In general, it is a practical piece of equipment, which can be placed and removed from the door frames without any effort.
The best Door Bar: Our Picks
The door bar is a great option for those who don’t have time to go to the gym, or simply prefer to exercise at home. We’ve listed below some of the best models on the market so you have a choice. Check them out:
Did you know that there are two types of door bars? They are classified as: adjustable or multifunctional. And how to know which is the best for you?
Read on as we explain the differences between them. You will also find other information that will help you at the time of purchase.
Door bar: what is it and what are its advantages?
The door bar aims to solve this problem in a very simple way, bringing the possibility of exercising indoors, in a practical way and without disturbing the other residents.
It is an interesting choice for those who want to solve the problem of lack of time, after all, as Nelson Mandela would say, physical activity is essential:
The bar works in a very simple way: just nail it and adjust it between door frames, and it will be ready to be used!
In a single piece of equipment you can exercise arms, back, abdomen and shoulders, and some models even allow a greater variety of footprints.
The door bar also has the advantage of taking up super little space and being easily assembled.
Some people wonder about the possibility of the device damaging the wall or doorposts, but just use it in the right way and within the weight limits and this should not happen.
One downside is that, unfortunately, this equipment alone is not enough for a full exercise routine (including the lower body), but it still helps a lot for those who don’t have time to go to the gym and want to secure their upper limbs at home.
Among the main exercises that can be done using the barbell are: classic pull-ups, pronated pull-ups, supinated pull-ups and knee lifts.
Product variables: adjustable or multifunctional bar?
Now that you already know how this equipment works and what it can add to you, it’s time to talk about the differences between the types.
- Adjustable: these are the simplest. They are smaller, and are basically just a bar. This type of equipment is ideal for those who want to gain strength and muscular resistance, but do not see the need to perform a very varied amount of exercises. The adjustable bar meets the basics very well.
- Multifunctional: The multifunctional bar is a little more complex. Besides the main bar, it has other hooks that allow you to use different grips, making your workout more complete. Despite being larger and a little heavier, the multifunctional is still practical, easily removable from the doorway, and not difficult to assemble. It is perfect for those who want to have more options at the time of exercising, and who do not mind keeping a little more equipment at home.
Check out, in topics, the differences between the two types of door bars:
|Adjustable bar||Multifunction bar|
|Size||Small and practical||A little larger|
|Exercises||Basic||Greater variety of exercises|
|Ease||Easy to handle||More complex|
How much does it cost?
The variety of the product on the market is quite high, and it is always good to be very careful when choosing your equipment, paying attention to safety and the quality of the bar.
In general, the cost of the equipment varies between £75 and £250, and the most expensive ones are usually the multifunctional ones.
Purchase criteria: factors to compare the different types of door bars
Door bars are quite simple objects, but it is still interesting to keep an eye on some features that can make all the difference when buying your product. They are:
- Weight supported
Below, we will detail each of these points so you can make the best choice when buying your door bar.
Weight it supports
It is important to ensure that no accidents happen while exercising using your own bar, and therefore, never exceed the maximum weight allowed by the equipment.
In general, the bars usually support between 110 and 130kg, however this is a characteristic that should be observed at the time of purchase, and of course, be compared with your weight.
As we are constantly talking about safety here, the material is another factor that influences (and a lot) in the product quality.
The most suitable material is high-strength steel tube. It is firm enough to withstand the impacts of the exercises, besides having good durability.
The best bars are produced with this steel. Always be careful when buying outside sports shops.
Before determining the size of your equipment, you need to choose where you will use the bar to perform your workout. Whether at home or anywhere else, the first step is to measure the doorway to get an idea of which bar to buy.
Most bars usually have an average range between 63cm and 95cm, taking into account that this is an adjustable accessory.
This is one of the main factors to take into account when choosing your own equipment.
The comfort that the product provides you with will reflect directly on your performance. Give priority to bars that have foam or neoprene coating, and to those in which you feel totally safe.
(Source of the highlighted image: Pixabay / Pexels)