How we pick our products
Are you planning to buy a bulletin board, but have doubts about which model to choose? This article is for you! Practical and functional, bulletin boards are perfect for offices, libraries and study rooms. Even in the bedroom and kitchen, they can be useful, helping to keep important reminders in sight while adding to the décor. Stay with us until the end and find out everything you need to know to choose a bulletin board without fear of making a mistake!
- 1 Summary
- 2 The Best Bulletin Board: Our Picks
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 Purchase criteria: How to compare product types
- Cork, felt, writing or magnetic bulletin boards are simple but extremely functional products that never go out of fashion.
- Model, measurements, material, how the messages are fixed and how the board is installed are some of the features you should pay attention to when buying.
- The price of bulletin boards varies according to the brand, size, material and model of the product.
The Best Bulletin Board: Our Picks
Whether in classic or modern versions, with fun colours and designs, bulletin boards are very versatile, and will certainly be very useful in your home or office. Check out our Buying Guide to learn all about bulletin boards and how to choose the best brand and model.
What is a bulletin board and what is it used for?
Putting up a notice board at home or at work is an excellent way to record and transmit information, notices or reminders in a simple and quick way. With the use of the accessory it is possible to practice communication, organization, planning and sharing of information. Check out some advantages and disadvantages of the product:
How to choose the ideal bulletin board model?
These modern designs are ideal for use in any room of the house, not just the office or home office. So, to choose the ideal one, start pondering what will be the uses given to the product, and the main needs it should meet. That done, try to look for the one that best fits these parameters. Colored and decorated models are ideal for use in more casual environments. They are also the ideal option to use with messages, photos and other items for decorative purposes. The more basic models, on the other hand, are perfect for more sober and professional environments.
Where is the best place to hang a bulletin board?
- Lift exit, corridors: For the general public;
- Behind the door or in the room: For the exclusive use of sectors;
- Next to the reception, time clock, pantry or cafeteria: For all employees
- In the kitchen or pantry: To take notes and reminders for the whole family;
- In the office: to fix bills to pay, reminders, etc;
- In the service area: to set schedules, division of tasks, appointments;
For individual use:
- On the bed: for reminders, souvenirs and photos;
- On a study desk: For planning, notes, etc;
- On the wall: In the bedroom, studio or office for general decoration;
As well as the location, also pay attention to the height on which your noticeboard will be fixed. Ideally, it should be 1.6m from the ground, at eye level for most people.
What uses can the notice board have?
- For organizing the house: Use the board to make cleaning schedules, delegate tasks and control activities done or yet to be done;
- Controlling the pantry: Create collaborative lists with what’s missing in the pantry or fridge and avoid the back and forth to the market;
- Decorating: Pictures, posters, souvenirs and decorations are well displayed on a bulletin board, and help give more charm to the environment;
- Planning: Use your notice board to create a giant planner. Schedule study routines, workouts, and more;
- Studying: Use the board to set notes and summaries that help you review content;
- At work: Exposing data, numbers and reasoning on the board can help you visualise a situation that requires analysis.
Purchase criteria: How to compare product types
To finish our article, we will give you a little more help so that you make the right choice of bulletin board for your messages, documents, photos and other uses. Check out the list of characteristics you should pay attention to when comparing the types and brands of this product:
Below we will explain you in detail each of these topics.
The bulletin board material is one of the most important characteristics to be observed, being a determining factor in the way it is used and its durability. Check out the most commonly used materials in the manufacture of the product and their forms of use:
- Cork: More traditional version, with a low price. It requires the use of stationery pins to fix messages. The disadvantage is that it is necessary to make holes in the material to be displayed. On the other hand, the material is sustainable and does not accumulate microbes.
- Magnetic: More durable, it does not damage attached materials because it uses magnets. It is usually more expensive than the felt and cork versions. Some models can also be used as blackboards;
- Felt: Similar to the cork model, it can also be fixed with a stapler. The disadvantage is that they also require holes in the material and tend to wear out easily.
Format and measurements
In addition to the traditional rectangular shape, notice boards are available in circular shapes, balloon shapes, exclamation marks, stars, rhombuses and more. Here the choice can be purely aesthetic. Whatever shape you choose, make sure you carefully check the measurements of your chosen model.
This way you can be sure that the frame you purchase will fit in the place where you want to install it. As the product is available in a wide variety of sizes and styles, finding the ideal version for your needs is not going to be difficult.
How to attach messages
The way of attaching messages to the notice board also varies depending on the model and material of the product. The most traditional ways are:
|Cork||Rails and pins|
|Felt||Rails, pins, stapler|
|Blackboard||Writing with chalk or stickers|
|Whiteboard||Writing with marker or stickers|
How to install the board
Most bulletin board models are attached to the wall using screws or nails. If your chosen model uses screws, give preference to those that include installation parts. If you don’t want to or can’t drill into the wall, there are alternatives.
In addition to the idea already mentioned of leaving the painting leaning on a table, bench or sideboard, you can use double-sided tape with high adhesion. Some can support up to 10kg or more. Many screw models can be adapted for fixing with tape. For this, it is necessary to have a flat area for the application of the adhesive on the back of the product.
Image source: Katarzyna Białasiewicz / 123rf.com