The team behind THEGOODESTATE is all about great content and this is why we conducted a detailled survey of blogs in various categories. The result: We awarded the best blogs with our quality label “Top Blog 2021”.
Step 1: Identification of Candidates
First, a list of all blogs is created. The data stems from different data sources like online directories and CMS systems (WordPress, Blogspot etc.). Newspapers, trade magazines, portals and foreign-language blogs were eliminated from the candidates list.
Step 2: Relevance
We then also remove all blogs that post less than 5 articles per year. In addition, blogs with very low monthly traffic are also eliminated.
Step 3: Detailed Investigation
The remaining blogs were investigated by our THEGOODESTATE experts on the basis of objective criteria. These criteria are sorted in 4 different categories. With the help of a point system, the winners of the survey are then determined.
The award is based on an evaluation in four areas:
- UX / Usability
- Privacy & Security
- Information Content & Research
- Services & Communication
UX / Usability
- How high-quality is the layout and page structure?
- How functional is the blog?
- How practical is the search function? Is there an auto-completion function?
Privacy & Security
- Is personal data only collected, processed, used and passed on to third parties insofar that it is legally permitted or that the user has given their consent?
- Is information about the use of personal data provided in a comprehensible and easily accessible manner?
- Is there any information on data security (e.g. SSL)?
- How much trust does the blog inspire?
- Is there an imprint and a data protection declaration available and if so are they linked on the homepage?
Information Content & Research
- How well are articles researched?
- Are articles with visual elements supported (images, graphs, videos)?
- Are contents professionally produced?
- Who runs the blog?
- How long has the blog been running?
- How popular is the blog?
Services & Communication
- Does the blog communicate directly with its readers (e.g. in comments)?
- Does the blog offer other services (e.g. e-books / online courses)?
- Does the blog have social media channels?
- How many followers does the blog have on its various social media platforms?