How we pick our products
Welcome to ReviewBox Brasil! Today we are going to talk about such a versatile product that can be used from preparing recipes to beauty products: apple cider vinegar. Known for its nutritional properties, apple cider vinegar is the newest joker in products such as shampoo, conditioner and others that help in hair care. In this article, you will understand everything about apple cider vinegar and discover how to choose the best one for you.
- 1 Summary
- 2 The best Apple Vinegar: Our Picks
- 3 Buying Guide
- 3.1 What is apple cider vinegar?
- 3.2 How does apple cider vinegar act in the hair?
- 3.3 What are the other benefits of apple cider vinegar for the body?
- 3.4 What are the advantages of apple cider vinegar for hair?
- 3.5 How much do hair products with apple cider vinegar cost?
- 3.6 Where to buy the hair products with apple cider vinegar?
- 4 Purchase Criteria: How to choose apple cider vinegar products for hair
- Apple cider vinegar has long ceased to be used only to season everyday recipes.
- Today it is used to treat and prevent health, skin and, of course, hair problems.
- In this article we will show you which factors must be taken into account so that you can buy the ideal apple cider vinegar.
The best Apple Vinegar: Our Picks
Curly hair, straight hair, curly hair. Each type of hair needs special care. For this reason, manufacturers have invested in options with apple cider vinegar in its composition, without leaving aside the particularities of each person. As such, we have selected for you the most popular hair products with apple cider vinegar available on the market. Take a look:
Before starting any treatment on your hair, it is important to understand the composition and the effects of the products, besides getting to know your own hair. For this reason, we have created this Buying Guide. Here you will find all the information you need to understand the benefits of apple cider vinegar and clear up all your doubts.
What is apple cider vinegar?
And besides all these benefits for the health of the organism, the fact is that the vinegar is so versatile that it has actuation, including, in the health of the hair and the skin.
So much so that nowadays this is one of the most sought after products to treat damaged, dry or even greasy hair. This is because, besides being natural and effective, apple cider vinegar is also more economical. And if before homemade recipes were used on the hair, with the product in natura, nowadays you will find specific products, such as shampoos and conditioners, considering the particularities of each strand, already enriched with apple cider vinegar.
How does apple cider vinegar act in the hair?
Apple cider vinegar will, therefore, perform the closing of the open cuticles. And, with this, the hair will lose frizz and acquire shine. In other words, apple cider vinegar helps seal treatment products in the hair.
In this way, apple cider vinegar is indicated as a natural alternative to treat brittle, porous or oily hair. In addition, apple cider vinegar has an antifungal and cleansing action, and even improves dandruff. But the advantages for your hair do not stop there. See below the main benefits of apple cider vinegar for hair:
- Cleaning: The use of so many daily products in our hair such as gels, sprays, pomades and creams can generate an accumulation of chemical substances in the hair and scalp, leaving them dull and lifeless.
- Definition of curls: Apple cider vinegar is also a great treatment for those who have curly or frizzy hair. This is because it improves the elasticity of the wires without leaving them heavy.
- Frizz reduction: Frizz is caused precisely by the open cuticles of the hair, which becomefrizzy . But apple cider vinegar, as we have seen, can seal the cuticles and eliminate this discomfort.
- Reducing porosity: Hair porosity has to do with the penetration of moisture into the hair. Therefore, healthy hair allows the ideal amount of moisture to be absorbed by the cuticle. The result is that high hair porosity can leave your hair even drier, weaker and lifeless. In general, chemical treatments and excessive exposure to the hairdryer are the causes of porosity. To alleviate this problem, apple cider vinegar is also a good option since the product acts by softening the cuticle and minimizing the damage.
- Stimulates hair growth: Apple cider vinegar is also able to act on the blood circulation of the hair follicles, which is vital to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair breakage.
- Prevents split ends: As we have seen, the regular use of apple cider vinegar on hair helps to remove hair tangles, to close the cuticles, besides improving the porosity and leaving the strands stronger. As a consequence of this process, you will notice a significant reduction in the amount of split ends and hair breakage.
What are the other benefits of apple cider vinegar for the body?
For most cases, the consumption of apple cider vinegar is done as a seasoning for meals or even diluted in portions of water. In any case, attention is needed regarding the excess consumption that can be harmful to your health. For this reason, we recommend that you have the accompaniment of a doctor.
What are the advantages of apple cider vinegar for hair?
On the other hand, as a disadvantage is the fact that apple cider vinegar is quite acidic, which can cause contact dermatitis if used in pure and excessive form. Therefore, the safest thing is to use products made with apple cider vinegar specifically for hair care. Below, you can see the main advantages and disadvantages of apple cider vinegar on the hair:
How much do hair products with apple cider vinegar cost?
Where to buy the hair products with apple cider vinegar?
Purchase Criteria: How to choose apple cider vinegar products for hair
As we have seen, the benefits of apple cider vinegar for the hair and scalp are numerous. But now it’s time to find out how to choose the best products with apple cider vinegar. To help you, we have listed below the main items you should consider during your purchase:
- Ready or in natura
- Type of hair
- Type of product
- Kit or single
Below, we will explain these factors so that you don’t have any doubts.
Ready or fresh
The first factor you should consider is whether you prefer to buy a ready-to-use product or apple cider vinegar in natura. If you opt for the ready-made products, you will have several options to treat different problems and also according to your hair type. We will talk more about this in a moment. Besides, when buying specific products for hair treatment you can opt for those enriched with other vitamins and nutrients. But if you prefer to buy apple cider vinegar in natura, we recommend you choose the organic product and in glass containers, since the plastic bottle can release toxic substances. You also need to be more careful not to use the product in excess, since, as we have seen, this can cause damage to the scalp.
It is important to know your hair type in order to use the most suitable products and take care of your hair correctly. Note that products with apple cider vinegar come with recommendations for each type: normal, dry, oily, curly or frizzy. Check out below the types of products with apple cider vinegar and the indication according to your hair type:
|Products with apple cider vinegar||Indicated for those with strands|
|For normal hair||With just the right amount of greasiness, easy to untangle and very shiny|
|For oily hair||Greasy and very shiny|
|For dry hair||Rough, opaque, difficult to comb and brittle|
|For curly or frizzy hair||With frizz, brittle, very dry ends and tangled|
Type of products
Once you have defined your hair type, analyse which products with apple cider vinegar will be useful for you. Here the variety is great and some are almost a must for everyone. Shampoo is one of them, since this product cleans and removes the oil produced by the hair. Besides it, you can opt for the conditioner enriched with apple cider vinegar, which will help to return the natural oil of the strands, creating a protective layer. You can also opt for other products such as combing cream, which is ideal for styling and untangling your hair; curl activator and even jelly, which helps with the styling.
Kit or loose
Finally, take into account what is better for you: buy products with apple cider vinegar separately or in a kit. The kit has the advantage of being more practical since you get at once products such as shampoo, conditioner and combing cream, for example. Besides, this option can be cheaper. But if you don’t use or don’t need all these products, the ideal is to buy them separately. (Source of the highlighted image: yelenayemchuk / 123rf.com)