How we pick our products
Bedspreads, which are similar to coverlets and quilts, have gone from being a luxury item used by a few to an essential part of every bedroom. They are key to the decor of the room where we spend our nights, providing a casual or elegant look, depending on the objective, color and materials used.
In the summer months, bedspreads make a great alternative to those heavy winter quilts meant for the coldest days. Picking a good bedspread seems easy, but there are a number of factors that you should be aware of. We hope this guide will assist you in making a smart purchase.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Ranking: The Best Bedspreads on the US Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Bedspreads
- 3.1 What Kinds of Bedspreads Are There?
- 3.2 What Are the Quintessential Summer Bedspreads?
- 3.3 What Are the Advantages of Bedspreads?
- 3.4 What Is the Difference Between “Bouti” Bedspreads and Comforters?
- 3.5 What Size Bedspread Do I Need?
- 3.6 Is There Any Other Way to Determine the Size of Bedspreads?
- 3.7 What Are the Most Common Fabrics Used in Bedspreads?
- 3.8 Why Are Bedspreads Often Made of 50% Cotton and 50% Polyester?
- 3.9 What Maintenance Do Bedspreads Require?
- 3.10 How Should I Store Bedspreads?
- 4 Shopping criteria
- 5 Summary
- Bedspreads are lightweight, decorative bed coverings that can be used in addition to a comforter in the colder months or by themselves on warmer days.
- Regardless of the season, bedspreads do provide a degree of insulation that is greater than a simple sheet. Furthermore, they protect the bed from dust particles and allergens.
- Before deciding on a bedspread, it’s important to consider what you plan to use it for, which fabric you prefer and the size you need.
Ranking: The Best Bedspreads on the US Market
Quilts and bedspreads function as part of the decor in your home. They have a handful of functions, including protecting the sheets below. In this section, we’ve put together a carefully selected list of the best bedspreads on the market. Of course, quality can often come at a price, but we hope you’ll find something that’s just right for your budget.
- No. 1: Lush Decor Ruffle Skirt Bedspread 3-Piece Set
- No. 2: Mellani Bedspread Oversized 3-Piece Set
- No. 3: Bedsure Embroidered All Season 3-Piece Bedspread Set
- No. 4: Madison Park Princeton Bedspread Set
- No. 5: Fancy Linen 3-Piece Luxury Bedspread
No. 1: Lush Decor Ruffle Skirt Bedspread 3-Piece Set
This bedspread is the #1 best seller on Amazon in the Bedspread & Coverlet Sets category. It’s made from 100% polyester making it lightweight and ideal for summer, spring or just as an extra layer in the colder months.
The long, stylish ruffled edge will make your bedroom look especially elegant, and choose from more than a dozen stunning colors including Aqua, Ivory, Woodrose and Neutral. This impressive set comes with the bedspread as well as two matching shams. Pick from a number of sizes to suit your needs.
No. 2: Mellani Bedspread Oversized 3-Piece Set
Here’s a beautiful 3-piece set from Mellani that comes in two sizes: Full / Queen or King / Cal King. It’s made from a durable microfiber material that provides a soft, comfortable feel that will last. The oversized nature of this bedspread means it will cover all angles of your bed, giving a smooth, complete look.
Easily wash the Mellani bedspread in your washing machine—it’s fade, shrink, stain and wrinkle resistant. Pick from simple patterns and colors like Spa Blue, Medallion Coral and Olive Green. And to top it off, this product comes with a 100% lifetime guarantee.
No. 3: Bedsure Embroidered All Season 3-Piece Bedspread Set
Here’s another bestseller at a reasonable price. This set from Bedsure is a great choice for anyone with sophisticated taste who wants a modern design in their bedroom. It features the Damask pattern design, which is sewn with neat stitches for a chic, romantic charm.
This bedspread is made from 100% brushed microfiber that will last for years, resist stains and, of course, feel great. It’s also breathable, soft and anti-static. Choose from Twin, Full / Queen and King sizes and many wonderful colors.
No. 4: Madison Park Princeton Bedspread Set
This oversize bedspread set from Madison Park is a bit more expensive than the others in the ranking but it certainly won’t disappoint. It includes five beautiful items: the bedspread, two shams and two decorative, faux silk pillows.
The bedspread and shams are made from polyester jacquard and they share leaf, striping and medallion motifs. The pillows, meanwhile, feature pleating and embroidered details to match perfectly. You’ll may have a tough time choosing between the three amazing color options, because they all will look great in your home.
No. 5: Fancy Linen 3-Piece Luxury Bedspread
If you’re picky about color, then this might 3-piece bedspread set might be the right option for you—there are more than 20 different color styles! The set, which includes two pillow shams, is made from 100% microfiber and is machine washable for easy care and maintenance.
Customers love this bedspread’s fit, stitching detail and beautiful patterns. This bedspread is affordable too! It will make a great addition to your bedroom or as a gift for a special friend or family member.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Bedspreads
What Kinds of Bedspreads Are There?
|Types of bedspreads||What are their characteristics?|
|Bouti||Lightly padded bedspread appropriate for warmer nights. Because they are lightweight, they are best for fall or spring.|
|Jacquard||Features a design created by a loom that mixes threads of various colors or thicknesses. These are usually made of 100% cotton.|
|Piqué||Very lightweight and usually one-sided. Normally made from a mix of cotton and polyester.|
|Coverlet||The lightest style of bedspread. Not much thicker than a sheet and normally made of light, natural fabrics.|
|Patchwork||Suitable for fall or spring, they usually feature bright colors. Normally made of a wool or polyester mix.|
What Are the Quintessential Summer Bedspreads?
What Are the Advantages of Bedspreads?
- Lightness. They are lighter than a winter quilt, so you will feel more free and light on hot nights.
- Ornamental and decorative. By coordinating your bedspread with your pillows and bedroom curtains, you can create an elegant style for the room without needing to spend a ton.
- Function. We shouldn’t forget the practicality of bedspreads, which provide more thermal insulation than a basic sheet does.
- For all seasons. Even though they’re light, bedspreads with padding, like the “Bouti”, can be used in every season of the year. With these bedspreads, you only need to add a blanket in the winter.
What Is the Difference Between “Bouti” Bedspreads and Comforters?
What Size Bedspread Do I Need?
|Bed size||Bedspread size|
Is There Any Other Way to Determine the Size of Bedspreads?
What Are the Most Common Fabrics Used in Bedspreads?
|Type of fabric||Advantages||Disadvantages|
|Cotton||Is hypoallergenic, easy to dye and free from chemical products. It can withstand high temperatures||Low stretch, high cost and wears out over time.|
|Polyester||Resistant, doesn’t wrinkle, easy to dye and won’t shrink||Doesn’t breathe well, doesn’t absorb moisture, produces static electricity and stains can be difficult to remove.|
Why Are Bedspreads Often Made of 50% Cotton and 50% Polyester?
What Maintenance Do Bedspreads Require?
- Manufacturer instructions. Be sure to check the label to see what the manufacturer recommends for cleaning.
- Wash before storing. Make sure to wash bedspreads before storing them an extended period, to preventing dirt from accumulating.
- Type of detergent. Always use neutral detergent. Never use bleach. Before washing, check edges and sides of the bedspreads because they often accumulate dirt. If needed, wash them by hand before putting the bedspread in the wash.
- It’s best to dry bedspreads outside, but make sure the sun doesn’t hit them directly.
- It’s also a good idea to use linen sprays, sachets and other products, so that the freshness of freshly washed bedspreads is preserved.
How Should I Store Bedspreads?
If you’ve made it this far, you already know plenty about bedspreads. But don’t stop now! Here’s a handful of important criteria to consider before you buy, to make sure you pick out the best bedspread for your home.
Firstly, you need to determine how you plan to use the bedspread. If you only plan to use it as a cover for an armchair, fine bedspreads will be suitable, but if you also plan to use it as bedcover, a better option would be a “Bouti” bedspread. With light padding, they can serve as a cover during the fall and spring months.
We addressed this issue in a question from the shopping guide, but here are a few more tips. You need to consider the height of the bed, which is normally just under two feet high. If the mattress is higher than the average, you will need a wider bed cover.
It’s easy: if your bed is 60 inches long, but over 20 inches high, choose bedspreads for 70 inch beds. This will prevent the cover from being too short on the sides.
The composition of bedspread fabrics can vary greatly, but if they’re made for summer weather, they usually consist of natural fabrics like cotton because they absorb moisture (sweat, for example) and are more effective. The cheapest bedspreads are made of synthetic fibers. The best option for you is a mix with at least 50% cotton.
You will find a wide range of bedspread designs. To reach a good balance with the other items in the room, try picking plain designs if the curtains or walls are patterned. If the room has a simple look, then you can choose more varied colors for your bedspread.
Consumer reviews and comments
Be sure to check out other ratings and reviews from buyers on Amazon. Sometimes, the reviews will reveal technical details that we may not have included and that may be relevant to you. Furthermore, they can help you better evaluate the products, so you can pick out the bedspreads that are best for you.
Bedspreads are pieces of fabric that cover beds and usually have a decorative purpose for the hottest months of the year. Recently, “Bouti” bedspreads have appeared on the market, and they are slightly thicker than sheets.
Whether it is a “Bouti” or another style, bedspreads are an item that “dresses-up” our beds so it’s important to choose wisely, so that you won’t have any regrets.
If you found our guide on bedspreads helpful, please share it with your friends and family. And if you’d like, please leave us a comment with your thoughts. Thank you!
(Source of the featured image: Dmitry Melnikov: 78586856/ 123rf.com)