How we pick our products
All parents know that there is nothing better for calming, relaxing and distracting your baby than easy, rhythmic movement. Surely many of you have experienced fatigue from carrying a baby in your arms for a long time, especially when they are growing, to get them to sleep or stop crying.
Luckily, baby accessories can make your life easier. Baby bouncers are a great example of this kind of product. In addition to relieving you from the fatigue just mentioned, these products can bring advantages to the development of the baby.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Baby Bouncers on the U.S. Market
- 3 Buyer’s Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Baby Bouncers
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Babies spend most of their time lying down, simply observing their surroundings. Therefore, offering them and adequate and comfortable space in which to do so is essential for the child to relax and feel comfortable.
- Baby bouncers can help you help your baby to calm down faster and, in addition, can help the development of their abilities, both cognitive and physical. Without a doubt, baby bouncers are one of the most useful and practical childcare items out there.
- Before choosing which baby bouncer will be the perfect baby bouncer for your child, you should take into account various available features such as structure, operation, safety and the different uses that the baby bouncer can have. To find the best choice, you must first educate yourself.
Our Selection: The Best Baby Bouncers on the U.S. Market
For your children, you naturally always want the best, and if it is an item in which your baby will spend a considerable amount of time, you want the absolute highest quality. To make your choice easier, we have selected some of the best baby bouncers that can be found in the market today.
Best Baby Bouncer Overall
For just under $30, you can have this Amazon’s Choice Baby Bouncer. It comes with sounds and lights, as well as a built-in baby activity arch, and a kick stand. And with two comfy recline positions, calming vibrations, and a machine washable seat pad, what’s not to love?
Best High-Quality Baby Bouncer
This bouncer comes with a higher price tag, but it is from trusted famous-maker Baby Bjorn. Your baby’s own movements set the baby bouncer gently rocking, which is great fun for your baby. The fitted fabric seat is comfortable, and gives strong support to your baby’s back, neck and head. You can use this baby bouncer for your child from birth up to the age of two.
Best Programmable Baby Bouncer
The innovative EveryWay Bouncer by Graco is a multi-use baby bouncer that offers 16 soothing motions for the most smiles. The six speeds allow Mom or Dad to adjust the speed to baby’s preference. Features soothing vibration, three position recline, 15 songs and sounds, an adjustable mobile with soft toys, removable infant head support and an AC Adapter for added convenience.
Buyer’s Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Baby Bouncers
We know you give each purchase of items for your children a lot of consideration. And you have no reason not to, since it is important that you know the baby products you buy are safe. With the aim of clearing up any doubts you may have about baby bouncers, below we answer the most frequently asked questions about these useful products.
What types of baby bouncers are available?
- Natural balancing: A result of the baby’s own inertia and movement. In this case, it is the babies themselves who activate the balancing by exerting pressure on the bouncer and then the inertia takes care of the rest.
- Seesaw with support: With a very minimalist design, these consist of just a seat anchored to a base that allows a gradual swing or bounce. Thanks to its cushioning, the movement is pleasant and smooth.
- Automatic bouncer: The most modern type. These baby bouncers have different speeds and the most sophisticated baby bouncers come with things like a sensor that detects if the baby has fallen asleep and stops the movement.
Finally, we mention that sometimes toys are included on baby bouncers. In this sense, you can differentiate between those that incorporate toys and those that do not. The choice of one or the other type is completely subjective. You should always take into account your own needs and choose the one that best suits them and satisfies your baby.
Are baby bouncers safe?
- That the manufacturer has established a maximum recommended weight for its product and states this limit on its packaging.
- If you are going to use the baby bouncer with a newborn baby, that it has a resting position suitable for this age (horizontal).
- That the bouncing motion is not abrupt nor bothersome to the child and is appropriately gentle.
- That it has a flexible, strong support, without any sharp edges and that is comfortable on the baby’s back ad any part of the baby’s body that may touch the device.
- That it includes a safety strap to prevent the baby from falling out of the baby bouncer. This is critically important.
- That the base is wide and that there is no possibility of the baby bouncer tipping over.
If the baby bouncer you choose meets all the above requirements, you should rest easy about its safety. Of course, you need to make sure that the bouncer is situated in a safe place to leave your baby while doing other tasks–this does not imply that you can ever lose sight of your child, even for a single moment, you must watch over them constantly.
For what ages are baby bouncers recommended?
Therefore, you can use baby bouncers whenever you want to start. On the other hand, the maximum age for using baby bouncers will be determined following two factors: the maximum weight supported by the bouncer and your baby’s desires. There will come a time when the baby no longer wants to lay around, and will start crawling and getting to know their world. It is important not to exceed the indicated weight limit of the baby bouncer.
What precautions should I take when using a baby bouncer?
- Always make sure that the anchors are well placed before placing the baby in the bouncer.
- Be sure to place the bouncer on firm, flat surface, never at any considerable height.
- Although baby bouncers are designed to support the movements of the child, do not lose sight of the baby in case a sudden movement causes the unit to tip over.
- Be sure to buckle or latch the harness or safety strap correctly.
- Always maintain the bouncer seat in good condition, clean and well-maintained.
- Never exceed the maximum weight set by the manufacturer, as it can be dangerous for the child.
These simple tips are what will ensure that you make proper use of the bouncer and that your child can have fun in total safety and comfort. It is also recommended to check before each use that the bouncer is in good condition and replace it if it is damaged.
What are the “must haves” in a baby bouncer?
- A wide base that provides sufficient stability.
- A seat belt or safety harness that complies with all applicable regulations.
- A cushioned and comfortable seat.
- Operation by batteries and by cord, if electric to be able to use it in any place.
- Accessories and entertainment items.
If your baby bouncer meets all these factors, look no further, it is the ideal baby bouncer. You can also look for a sun awning in case you are going to use the bouncer outdoors. You already know that babies’ skin is very delicate and how harmful prolonged sun exposure can be.
When you are comparing different models of any product for your child, you look at different factors that can determine your choice. These factors will depend on the needs you seek to meet and your taste. Next, we’ll go over some shopping criteria for baby bouncers:
The first thing to consider when buying anything for your baby is, of course, safety. In addition to the bouncer complying with current regulations for baby articles, it is important that the article is well-made and robust. By “well-made and robust” we mean it does not break easily and it can support the child’s movements.
You should also be sure that the model has a belt or safety harness that always keeps the baby in from falling out of the bouncer and in the correct position. The minimum number of harness points that such a belt should have is three. Although most baby bouncers have these, it is a good idea to check, just to be sure. Otherwise, a child may be able to release the harness on their own and exit the bouncer.
With the number of childcare items you need to buy during the first years of your child’s life, the more durable these items, the better. In the case of baby bouncers, the average length of time they will use it is two years. Ideally, you can use the same bouncer for this entire time, if the size is right.
For this purpose, you should look at the maximum weight established by the manufacturer. The higher the maximum weight supported, the longer you can use the bouncer. The most durable bouncers are usually suited for children up to around thirty-five or forty pounds (about four years). With this range there is plenty for flexibility, but it is more likely that baby will want to walk long before that.
Type of Balance
Previously we talked about the different types of balancing mechanisms that baby bouncers have. This factor depends mainly on the preferences of the parents and the baby. We cannot establish a scale in which one type of balance mechanism is better than the other, since it would not be accurate. However, we have provided you with information to help you understand the differences between each one.
It is best to have a bouncer that has an automatic balancing system that can be adjusted. In this way, you can adjust the exact movement that your baby likes at all times as they grow.
Last but not least, let’s talk about materials. You should look at two specific factors. On the one hand, you should make sure the materials the baby bouncer is made of are strong and durable, but also non-toxic or and not harmful (free of bisphenol A, for example).
In addition, it is important that the seat of the bouncer is made of soft material. That way, you can wash the cover as many times as you need to and you can always provide the baby with a clean bouncer. You should also make sure that this part of the bouncer is breathable, so that your child is comfortable, and not too hot.
Baby bouncers are available to make things easier during your children’s first years, when every day is seemingly chaos. Thanks to these very practical products, you can provide your baby with a space in which to rest comfortably, safely and independently.
Baby bouncers bring benefits to both your children and you, since a little rest from holding the baby never hurts and the bay can enjoy some soft rhythmic movement on their own. You should always take into account safety and caution before using these products, and you should never forget that adult supervision is always required. Both you and your baby are going to fall in love with the baby bouncer!
If you liked our guide on baby bouncers, please share it on social media or leave us a comment below.
(Source of Featured Image: Dmitrii Kotin: 51515818 123rf.com)